3rd signing - Laczko Zsolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1206886,00.html

Leicester City manager Ian Holloway made his third signing of the transfer window today (Friday) when he competed the capture of exciting Hungarian under-21 left-winger Laczko Zsolt from Olympiakos.

The 21-year-old joins the Foxes on loan until the end of the season following a successful trial with the Championship club in December.

Zsolt was brought to Olympiakos from Hungarian side Ferencvarosi TC in the summer of 2007 after three seasons with the Budapest based outfit.

The winger signed a four-year contract with the Greek giants in July, and was loaned to fellow Super League side Levadiakos FC shortly afterwards as part of his development.

City will have the option to purchase the winger for a pre-determined fee should he impress during his five-month spell at the Walkers Stadium.

Foxes boss Holloway said: "I took Peter Halmosi, who is also Hungarian, to Plymouth in similar circumstances. He turned out to be one of the best players that I ever signed. He was 28. This kid is 21 and has got the opportunity to be even better.

"He is very good with both feet and gives us some balance. His English is also very good - we have now just got to help him acclimatise to his new surroundings. I can't wait to see him in a Leicester City shirt."

Zsolt added: "I spent a week on trial here before Christmas and the coach asked me if I would like to join the club. It's unbelievable to be here. I think every Hungarian player dreams of playing in England."

The winger also revealed that he had spoken to former City loanee and fellow Hungarian Marton Fulop before making the move.

"Marton had some very nice things to say about Leicester. I know that he really enjoyed his time here and was sad to leave."

However, the player will not be available to play in Saturday's FA Cup clash against Southampton at the St Mary's Stadium due to clearance.

Last edited:
At least something has happened today! Yawn:icon_eek:

We've got a winger! Woooooo!

Holloway has a good record with Hungarians, hopefully it continues here ;)

Welcome Laczko.

Any ideas how to say his name? Have fun chanting that ;)

ok the usual punathon then:-

Zsolt from the blue
Zsolt in the wound
Thunder Zsolt

and of course after becoming city's best ever player, there's a Walkers advert for:-

Zsolt and Lineker crisps

:icon_bigg

ok the usual punathon then:-

Zsolt from the blue
Zsolt in the wound
Thunder Zsolt

and of course after becoming city's best ever player, there's a Walkers advert for:-

Zsolt and Lineker crisps

:icon_bigg

“Leicester winger pours Zsolt on the wound.”

An unknown player but im quite excited by it. Really hope he turns out to be a good player. Lets hope our fickle morons dont destroy him by thinking he's a 27 year ols experience defense destroyer.

winger Hungary for action

Leicester's midfield Laczko-hesian.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I see it now, only skim read your post. Sorry oh dark one don’t use your force on me!

forgiven

as for songs...all together now

"Thunder Zsolt of lightening very very frightening me

Gailleo Galilleo"

Lacsko Zolt

A hungarian has joined our ranks as the 3rd transfer, not sure about details though, just so ya know....

Re: Lacsko Zolt

A hungarian has joined our ranks as the 3rd transfer, not sure about details though, just so ya know....

Wow, really? Didn't know that.....

Re: Lacsko Zolt

Great! Now my lad can wear his Ferencvaros shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675