?4.5 million next month BUT no promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
a winning streak that would put us in the playoffs? our team?

It is a legal document for the stock exchange. The lawyers would have thrown it out as a work of fiction/pack of lies if it had mentioned promotion this season!

we'd go up.

The shareholders would be happy as the club had been promoted and it was never about the money.

would be good to see, but not ready for it this year. wouldn't hurt to get to the play off's, which is very doubtful, but not to go up this year. That would bring a whole host of problems and would look like watford this season. RK isn't good enough for the prem, the team isn't right now and it would be straight back down if they did go up this time round. focus next season!!!

would be good to see, but not ready for it this year. wouldn't hurt to get to the play off's, which is very doubtful, but not to go up this year. That would bring a whole host of problems and would look like watford this season. RK isn't good enough for the prem, the team isn't right now and it would be straight back down if they did go up this time round. focus next season!!!

We'd get £50 odd million for it though... Not a bad thing surely?

But yeah it won't happen, as good as it would be.

Last edited:
it wouldn't be that much, and would you really want the heartbreak of gettin great players to have to sell them next year?? I think uncle milan's idea of within three season's is realistic, but it would be short lived if it did happen this time round. I'm sure most people would take another season in championship to get more than one season in prem. We got someone who is interested in football rather than just makin a profit, so need to give it all time to settle and the magic to come naturally

it wouldn't be that much, and would you really want the heartbreak of gettin great players to have to sell them next year?? I think uncle milan's idea of within three season's is realistic, but it would be short lived if it did happen this time round. I'm sure most people would take another season in championship to get more than one season in prem. We got someone who is interested in football rather than just makin a profit, so need to give it all time to settle and the magic to come naturally

It would probably be more.. Bottom place gets £30m next season in the Prem. I think parachute payments are half of that for 2 years or something? So that's £60m

Yeh, but do we really want to be a yoyo team. Once we get to the Prem, we wanna stay there. It matters not how much it's worth. The psychological effect of relegation will far outweigh the financial gains. No, let's stay where we are, have a season of consolidation and then move on when we are ready to sustain the growth.

Hello Bryn btw. :039: :039: :039:

Given a choice of promotion or not promotion, you choose promotion anyday of the week.

Given a choice of promotion with guarantee to come straight down or a year building foundations with a guarantee of promotion and a much better chance of survival, I'd choose the latter.

But, in every form of life, you should really grab your first available opportunity while it's there

well everyone has their own ideas and opinions, and i'm not here to rubbish anybodies. Mine is that although i'd like to see the prem next year with the vaigue possibility of staying there, i'd rather wait until next year and have a great chance of stayin there for many years. Wasn't that long ago was in prem, but the season was relegated, deserved it and have not deserved to be back there since. Milan is going to invest, new young players will come to move everything forward. The first chance of anything isn't always the best, in most scenario's.

Hello Steve

Last edited:
But, in every form of life, you should really grab your first available opportunity while it's there

I think you're probably right Melts, but I'd choose sustainability every time rather than premiership ala Adams or Taylor.

We can only become stronger by establishing a firm grounding. That can only evolve from stability, not from living life in the elevator.

I do not understand this 'build to get promoted with stability argument'. If you get in the Prem and you are crap you come back down but £50 million better off to get better for next time. You stay and build for two years you will still not have a strong Prem team and probably still come back down.
Watford didn't say 'Sorry big boys, we won't come up this year because we are crap.' They went and put their snouts in the trough and they will have a lot of money to build a much stronger team next year. As long as you do not have a weak board/manager that opens the purse strings too much on wages you cannot lose.

Is there anyone here who would seriously say 'Dear Milan/Rob, if we fluke the play-offs, please don't take us up to the Prem where all that money is, coz were crap!'

75 points were needed for the playoffs last year. we are 32 off that. with 39 to play for.

Summary: Isn't gonna happen unless a lot of teams above balls up big time.

75 points were needed for the playoffs last year. we are 32 off that. with 39 to play for.

Summary: Isn't gonna happen unless a lot of teams above balls up big time.

especially when mr kelly is aiming for an average of a point per game. you are always in a better position by getting promoted, as has been mentioned watford have been very clever and will have plenty dollar to wave around next season i would think. as for not being a yo-yo club, aren't we leicester city? sure we've been there before?

Yes but MTBT, haven't we been there before and look where it got us

(yes, I know we are where we are, before anyone says it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566