4th Hearts player on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly worrying that his choice of players is from one club, and one club only - but he knows them and knows what they can do, I suppose.

it's outrageous!
if this was happening to us we'd be going bananas!
£30k transfers? that's less than a weeks pay for some of our squad!
:?

They're not all just from one club homer... he's after O'Brien from Livingston and he was after Wilie from Hearts. If CL thinks they're good enough to do a job and if we can afford them then who gives a toss what club they are signed from???

MKFox said:
it's outrageous!
if this was happening to us we'd be going bananas!
£30k transfers? that's less than a weeks pay for some of our squad!
:?

I can see where you are coming from. But if Hearts want Wilcox, Makin, Blake, Morris, Gemmill etc, I would be happy to oblige

I posted a couple of weeks back that we (Hearts) have only 2 more decent players left, our young keeper and Paul Hartley and very politely asked you to leave them alone :D
Guess you didn't listen then :cry:

Seriously though, Hartley is one player we don't want to lose and with 18 months still left on his contract he won't come cheaply.

Will that be a Problem for LCFC ?...No offence but i thought you were out of funds ?

CONSPIRACY THEORY

What if We've gone bust and been bought out by hearts and they are gradually moving their staff down south to participate in the english divisions. soon rangers and celtic will follow suit????? AAAARRRRRGGGH!!

After all they are selling their ground so will be homeless north of the border, pretty soon we'll be changing our name to Hearts. No doubt the jocks of corby would be happy. if they start serving haggis, stovies and mince n tatties at the burger bars i'd start getting worried.

Big rugby fans as well. Oh shit.

Unless Levein knows something about Hearts that we don't, I'm abit concerned as to why he is signing so many of his old players from Hearts.

If he does become successful with us, will he have players out of contract in the summer here to sign up elsewhere on the cheap or for free?

Who-Izzet said:
Unless Levein knows something about Hearts that we don't, I'm abit concerned as to why he is signing so many of his old players from Hearts.

I would imagine he knows a hell of a lot more about the Hearts players than we do! Having managed them and all. Any former Hearts managers/players here? nope? didn't think so. :D

whats there to be concerned about?!!

Well we might be a tad concerned that they are all completely shit

Amazingly some managers can make errors of judgement when signing players.
Hard to believe, but it's true.
I heard it from a friend of a friend

homer said:
Well we might be a tad concerned that they are all completely shit

Amazingly some managers can make errors of judgement when signing players.
Hard to believe, but it's true.
I heard it from a friend of a friend

Not Mrs MK!

Im not sure why everyone is so concerned about signing players from a very sucessful hearts side, although the SPL is not the best league in the world it does not mean it does not have some good players. Also there are some people banging on about CL poor scouting policy that he only signs from scotland/hearts, however the 3 players we have signed so far were from, leeds reserves, australian league and the dutch league. Im sure that once we have the cream of the talent of the SPL CL's transfer policy will change.

Lboro fox said:
Im not sure why everyone is so concerned about signing players from a very sucessful hearts side, although the SPL is not the best league in the world it does not mean it does not have some good players. Also there are some people banging on about CL poor scouting policy that he only signs from scotland/hearts, however the 3 players we have signed so far were from, leeds reserves, australian league and the dutch league. Im sure that once we have the cream of the talent of the SPL CL's transfer policy will change.

Exactly!!!

I wouldn't trust fansfc at all. Hartley has 18 months left on his contract, therefore we'd have to pay money for him, and considering how long he's got left on his contract and he's one of Hearts best players it'd be at least 200k, which isn't going to happen in this window...

I'm concerned that he's a Hearts guy (or was..) that is snapping up Hearts players on the cheap because he knows their situations. Ok so this is good for us now perhaps.

How would you feel if 3 years down the line we're 10th in the Premier League then Levein moves to Spurs, has some of his best players out of contract here & gets them free or for nearly nothing? Personally I'd hate the guy.

I wouldn't be very impressed & I'm sure the Hearts fans arn't. Perhaps there is more into it. Hearts may need the money & are desperate or John Robertson may be getting a nice wad of cash next season so they are offloading players. I don't know, perhaps this is what you get with a manager that isn't Leicester through & through.

re leveins scouting, u nailed it on the head. maybury was a genius piece of transfer activity (a practically forgotten about Leeds reserve), hartley was a failed premier division player plying his trade in the lower leagues in scotland and kisnorbo and de vries were unheard of and from foreign lands. he knows what hes doing, honestly

however, i thought i made it clear in another thread that u lot should stop stealing our players now! dammit, stop! webster hartley and gordon are the only 3 real assets we have any more, so quit it!

back onto this thread tho, hartleys fantastic. hes a guy who hibs had a few years ago but ended up being pish (he was playing in a crap team and as a winger. hes a central midfielder, no a winger.) he dropeed a division to st johnstone, where even by their managers accounts, he was nowhere near as good as he is now. when he arrived at tynie he was pretty good, but then he got a public rollicking from levein about his work off the ball, was dropped for a few games and has been consistently fantastic ever since. What can i tell u? he used to play for hibs and we love him. thats how good hes been for us

yet another example of leveins excellent man management and getting the very best out of a player who evryone thought had failed at a higher level. a callup to scotland squad is in the offing, but apparently celtic are prepared to offer £300k (yes, £300k! a player that Braga, Feyenoord, Schalke and Basel all identified as our most potent threat this season is worth £300k! whats the world comin to??)

this is a guy i REALLY dont want to go. i spose if he goes anywhere id rather it was to ure lot, but PLEASE, do u know what ure doing to us??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669