5th Ashes test v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, Collingwood has given his wicket away

176-3

289/7, loads of starts but no big score.

This is a flat wicket too. We really needed to get a big first innings score to put some pressure on

289/7, loads of starts but no big score.

This is a flat wicket too. We really needed to get a big first innings score to put some pressure on

It's not as flat as you would think. There is a bit in it for the bowlers, particularly the spinners. Big game for Swann.

It was pretty flat this morning from what I saw on tv, although from what I've read on the beeb website it does sound like its deterioated a bit. Could be interesting.

Hopefully Broad, Anderson and Harmison can hang around this morning and drag us to as near 350 as possible. Then hopefully the likes of Freddie, Harmy and Broad can use their speed and ability to bang the ball in to extract the extra bounce to skittle out the Aussies. Batting first has been a massive advantage and the pressure will really be on the Australia batting line up to try and build a first innings lead, because batting last on this wicket will be extremely difficult.

A definite result pitch and I think after yesterday you can pretty much rule out a draw.

Its not a 450 pitch imo

I agree, if we can get to somewhere around 350 we will have a decent score IMO. However it makes it even more frustrating when you consider that both Colly, Prior & Flintoff got out to poor shots. Another 30 or 40 runs from these 3 between them and we would really have been in the box seat.

Last edited:
I agree, if we can get to somewhere around 350 we will have a decent score IMO. However it makes it even more frustrating when you consider that both Colly, Prior & Flintoff got out to poor shots. Another 30 or 40 runs from these 3 between them and we would really have been in the box seat.

Agreed.

It does worry you when you look at the cons batting lineup but IMO our bowling attack is stronger than theirs and if the pitch continues to cut up like yesterday they could be in trouble.

Agreed.

It does worry you when you look at the cons batting lineup but IMO our bowling attack is stronger than theirs and if the pitch continues to cut up like yesterday they could be in trouble.

I just hope we bowl with discipline and control, we definitely have the bowlers capable of taking twenty wickets in this test, but as throughout the series on occasions our bowlers seem to have been trying too hard and given the Aussies too many freebies before regaining composure. We must put them under pressure from ball 1. One poor session and the Aussies will capitalise and gain the momentum to build a decent first innings score.

I just hope we bowl with discipline and control, we definitely have the bowlers capable of taking twenty wickets in this test, but as throughout the series on occasions our bowlers seem to have been trying too hard and given the Aussies too many freebies before regaining composure. We must put them under pressure from ball 1. One poor session and the Aussies will capitalise and gain the momentum to build a decent first innings score.

Swann is the key man, he has to be on the money from the off. He will have to bowl a lot of overs and needs to show some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669