800,000 Bid for Izale McLeod (Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's better?

Hume definitely, for a start
Probably fat boy useless Fryatt
Maybe even 'sick note' Carl Cort

And quite possibly Elvis Hammond might bag a few goals in that league

spend the money on a decent winger or/and right back?

Last edited:
I think if we get him for 650 then a straight swap of Mccarthy for Mcleod isn't too bad a piece of business to be fair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

this little montage says that McLeod is a better finisher, quicker and more mobile than anything we've got. It also shows that League 2 defenders all appear to have two prosthetic legs.

Get him In, get another striker in and stick Hume in the hole!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

this little montage says that McLeod is a better finisher, quicker and more mobile than anything we've got. It also shows that League 2 defenders all appear to have two prosthetic legs.

Get him In, get another striker in and stick Hume in the hole!

Type any player in on you tube and you bound to find the best fits of a footballers. It's like an agents clip vid he sends out. It doesn't show McLeod's numerous yellow and red cards.

Walsh got sent off a lot, he was amazing.
Savage got booked every game. We'd take him back.
It's goals we are after, not a saint (unless it's Saganowski)

Type any player in on you tube and you bound to find the best fits of a footballers. It's like an agents clip vid he sends out. It doesn't show McLeod's numerous yellow and red cards.

Dickov had more than his fair share of red and yellow cards, but he didn't turn out too bad for us.

Not pro or con Mcleod to be honest, I think Fryatt and Hume will both be back to their best next season so strikers aren't my main concern.

And I'm sure if you tried hard enough (and i admit it would be extremely hard, but possible nonetheless) you could find a few nice clips of Elvis and put them together that would make him look like the fastest thing on two legs who could also score goals - and then post it on youtube for some gullible fool to use it as proof positive that their club should sign him

i bet you couldn't. he's only ever scored 8 senior goals. the montage would have to have been filmed on the training ground.

let's not be silly. Mcleod is a half decent player.

And I'm sure if you tried hard enough (and i admit it would be extremely hard, but possible nonetheless) you could find a few nice clips of Elvis and put them together that would make him look like the fastest thing on two legs who could also score goals - and then post it on youtube for some gullible fool to use it as proof positive that their club should sign him

No could be probably bothered to make on up.

Exactly
But provided you gave some cpu whiz, a few clips of his goals and a euro trance soundtrack you'd have a video which you could 'sell'.

hidenl1.gif

if we sign him he'll get at least 15 goals in the championship. So we'll have the best of both worlds.

I'd risk him up to £800k, anything after that, i'd agree with spending a little more and get Pikey in. We might even send Elvis the other way!!!:icon_lol:

650 k has been offered

Sounds a more realistic price level: one unreliable but energetic defender out; potentially one just might be ok at this level attacker in - seems reasonable.

This would be progress - from last season assuming the departure of Hammond (whose signing on a perm contract was one of the worst transfer dealings ever conducted by the club).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669