800,000 Bid for Izale McLeod (Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign McLeod it'll probably be Allen's first genuine signing... :102:

I'm pretty sure Mandaric was behind N'Gotty, Kishishev and Cort (very Adamsesque as well:icon_conf)

I'd also wager that is was Mackay's choice to bring in Sappleton, Hellings and Nielsen...

Have they done "Ip dip dog shit you're it" and then chosen a player? :102:

How you know about Saggypants TreeBeard? And by the way I wish you posted more, always full of sense.

I've got a good mate who's across all the saints stuff and he's not the kind to speculate. He's 100% sure that Sag will sign for them. He clearly enjoyed his time there last season, as he was pretty much a revelation which only a player enjoying his game can be, so common sense should lead us to ask why would he go elsewhere in the championship if the deal falls on its arse. He's the type that is giving the Championship one more season, where once again he'll show he can handle it with ease, and he's doing it with a team that have every chance of going up again. Saying that, their parachute payments are over, so its raiding the piggy bank time for Burley down there.

I know people on this forum care about the club and who we sign, and the fear is there that we're in for another forgettable season, but if we look at the two main issues at hand here - 1 - Allen has succeeded wherever he's been, albeit at lower levels and 2 - Manderic's legacy at Pompey, this is the most promising era of our recent history. Bless everyone for saving the club after admin, but having nearly 50 people owning a club was ludicrous. Now it's one man, one face, who we all are looking at to help a young and eager manager make a success of our club. I trust Allen and MM 100% to at least get us a top 10 finish this season, and then we go for the big time.

Its ok to level criticism at those that are incompetent, but I don't think those that are throwing accusations at Allen and MM really have a valid point until a ball is kicked. I expect a gritty, full-blooded and genuinely hungry side to watch next season and I just can't wait for the palace game.

We should meet for a sherry or two Custom.

Cue massive benders in London jibes.

hey up treebeard, always a pleasue to read your posts. talking sense is about right.;)

hey up treebeard, always a pleasue to read your posts. talking sense is about right.;)

Cheers fcuk.

New years day is away to Qpr too, which is gonna be sweet as for those exiled in London. Can't wait to drag my hungover ass down to Loftus for a New Year whooping of Gregory. God he's a dick. I just remembered what a dick he is. Coiffured cock knocker.

"Mackay said: “The chairman (Milan Mandaric) and the manager (Martin Allen) may have a different view, but I will not comment on newspaper speculation.
Why do the fecking Mockery keep telling us who the chairman and manager are in brackets? I know their general readership is not largely Oxbridge educated, but even so.... FFS! :icon_roll

Cannot wait for the Palace game either. Although, I hate that ground and the performances we usually give there. QPR on New Year's Day is a God send too..... London branch are happy.

I know people on this forum care about the club and who we sign, and the fear is there that we're in for another forgettable season, but if we look at the two main issues at hand here - 1 - Allen has succeeded wherever he's been, albeit at lower levels and 2 - Manderic's legacy at Pompey, this is the most promising era of our recent history.

Shouldn't that be: Allen has fallen at the last hurdle wherever he's been, even though at lower levels?

I've got a good mate who's across all the saints stuff and he's not the kind to speculate. He's 100% sure that Sag will sign for them. He clearly enjoyed his time there last season, as he was pretty much a revelation which only a player enjoying his game can be, so common sense should lead us to ask why would he go elsewhere in the championship if the deal falls on its arse. He's the type that is giving the Championship one more season, where once again he'll show he can handle it with ease, and he's doing it with a team that have every chance of going up again. Saying that, their parachute payments are over, so its raiding the piggy bank time for Burley down there.

I don't think it's quite so sure they just missed out on Guthrie and the American has pulled out. They not far from the breadline. Not necessarly will he go to us. Just I don't think it's has clear cut. If Rasiak goes as well, he could be tempted a move elsewhere. Although you're correct in saying staying at Southampton is ideal for him personally.

It would make sense that this bid for McLeod (if true) is because the Sag deal has fallen through. We're not going to have Fryatt, Hume, Cort, Mc Leod and Sag going for 2 places next year. (althrough it would be nice!)

Last edited:
From what I can tell, I think Sharpe is better than McCleod, & I'd rather we got him. It could well be we put in a bid that has been rejected though. If Norwhich are prepared to offer barmy money (£2m reportedly), then that's up to them and I don't really blame the club going quite as high as that. I am curious though, if this is true, why Norwhich are prepared to splash out so much. The club has no parachute money & no benefactors. Delia pretty much keeps her hands in her purse. Prehaps they know they are going to loose one of their forwards to a prem team for a big fee and are simply replacing him at no cost therefore given the transfer fee they'll receive.

From what I can tell, I think Sharpe is better than McCleod, & I'd rather we got him. It could well be we put in a bid that has been rejected though. If Norwhich are prepared to offer barmy money (£2m reportedly), then that's up to them and I don't really blame the club going quite as high as that. I am curious though, if this is true, why Norwhich are prepared to splash out so much. The club has no parachute money & no benefactors. Delia pretty much keeps her hands in her purse. Prehaps they know they are going to loose one of their forwards to a prem team for a big fee and are simply replacing him at no cost therefore given the transfer fee they'll receive.

Can't see Norwich offering £2m, although it probably depends on what they get for Earnshaw, but in any case they'll probably offer more than us!

Shouldn't that be: Allen has fallen at the last hurdle wherever he's been, even though at lower levels?

Well put it this way, George Burley fell at the last hurdle this season and he's one of the best managers around. Money, talent, good supporters, luck. The variables needed for success go on and on, and sometimes they just don't click into place, but I wouldn't blame Burley for Saints' failure this season, and if Allen puts out a side that show us some style and passion, I won't be blaming him either.

Can't see Norwich offering £2m, although it probably depends on what they get for Earnshaw, but in any case they'll probably offer more than us!

I'v heard figures between 5 and 8 million. (no insider info, just street talk)

Allen fallen at the last hurdle? Bit harsh that Boc. Look at Brentford after he left!!! He didn't 'fall' at Barnet either!!

Cannot wait for the Palace game either. Although, I hate that ground and the performances we usually give there. QPR on New Year's Day is a God send too..... London branch are happy.

Palace is always a bit of a drab fixture agreed. Their fans are the quietest I've heard and the stadium ain't the May West either. We're due a win there tho.

With Charlton and Watford dropping down last season, we're in for a some local awayday action.

Looking forward to this season. Not said that for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669