A Different Point of View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
As they say, patience is a virtue.

Nevertheless, if we don't make the play-offs next year (hopefully in this league) then Levein will be out - simple as that.

I don't think that will happen for a few reasons.

1) we'd have to pay off the rest of his contract
2) the team would be made up of a majority of CL's players with little funds to support a new manager (again)
3) As long as their is genuine progression that is shown (not just 5 places and 10 more goals) then the club would have to stick with him in the belief it will continue over to 2006/07 and make promotion that season.

Of course if we finish 15/16 next season he won't have a leg to stand on.

Dunc said:
Joe_Fox said:
As they say, patience is a virtue.

Nevertheless, if we don't make the play-offs next year (hopefully in this league) then Levein will be out - simple as that.

I don't think that will happen for a few reasons.

1) we'd have to pay off the rest of his contract
2) the team would be made up of a majority of CL's players with little funds to support a new manager (again)
3) As long as their is genuine progression that is shown (not just 5 places and 10 more goals) then the club would have to stick with him in the belief it will continue over to 2006/07 and make promotion that season.

Of course if we finish 15/16 next season he won't have a leg to stand on.

Really? I didn't expect the new rules to come in until 2008!?

"Rule 5b) The managers of teams finishing in 15th or 16th position must have both (or any remaining) legs 'chopped off'.

Harsh but fair IMO.

highland fox said:
Here's hoping Millwall finish 15th or 16th then.

Indeed, I'd love to see that vertically challenged boss eyed barstool look even more pathetic.

fitz said:
i seriously didnt see them get many chances, we tried giving them loads but we managed to recover and got lucky, but other than that they didnt seem to carve much out

They didn't have to create many chances they were one up after flukey deflected effort and we never looked like scoring after that. I think they could have scored more if they had to.

if you look at the tables, our goals against column is good enough for top 6. +1 goal difference too - doesnt really leave much to the imagination where our problems lie.

Muttley said:
if you look at the tables, our goals against column is good enough for top 6. +1 goal difference too - doesnt really leave much to the imagination where our problems lie.

Your dead right, Henry should hang his head in shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669