A grave mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Looking at the memorial garden before the game and on the newest plaques one of them gave a date of death as September 2009 - in other words, they aren't dead yet!

How on earth can a mistake like that be made and then compounded by being put on display?

Disco Bob

Looking at the memorial garden before the game and on the newest plaques one of them gave a date of death as September 2009 - in other words, they aren't dead yet!

How on earth can a mistake like that be made and then compounded by being put on display?
Thank you Morse - that's my plans for summer well and truly scuppered! :icon_roll

Macky

Gruntled Member
Thank you Morse - that's my plans for summer well and truly scuppered! :icon_roll

Disco Bob's back huh?
You know you treat this place like a hotel, no respect at all

Disco Bob

With Boc leaping in front of my bike as I tried to leave the stadium it's surprising that he isn't in a grave now as well.

DesertFox

Might not be a mistake... maybe it's a warning...

Real Sharapova

Forward planning Sir, forward planning.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
With Boc leaping in front of my bike as I tried to leave the stadium it's surprising that he isn't in a grave now as well.

eh? My leaping days are well behind me.

spionfox

Can't believe the little blue plaque is still there and still showing a date yet to come. How can the family or the club not have noticed?

Cate Fox

Has anyone told the club about the mistake? That's probably why its still there...

spionfox

Has anyone told the club about the mistake? That's probably why its still there...

I'd have thought the family or friends would have seen the plaque. It is for a (someone) Riley and the date is shown as 01/09/09. Fourth down, second in on the newest memorial stone.

Didn't know there was a memorial garden. Where is it? I know there is the wall. My lad died just before the walkers opened but I couldn't afford a plaque then. He was a City fan and I'd love to put something up for him.

SJN-Fox

Walk past the main entrance to the stadium and it's just up on the right hand side.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

The Club are aware of the error and are taking steps to rectify it.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Should think so too. Why it took this long though is a bit of a mystery.

Perhaps if people had let the club know as soon as they saw it, it wouldn't have taken so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669