A Sign Of Things To Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gradel at bargain price? You're kidding. He was a liability in their last game of the season.

Hazz, as fantastic (and unlikely) as it might be for Bruno to win the golden boot, would you please for the love of God get rid of that feckin clapping smiley in your sig.
Please, please, please.

Last edited:
Hazz, as fantastic (and unlikely) as it might be for Bruno to win the golden boot, would please for the love of God get rid of that feckin clapping smiley in your sig.
Please, please, please.

You think Hazz has an irritating sig the sig of Spion Fox quotes one of my posts without saying who he got it from.

Most Leeds fans seem to think Gradel has been crap for them since he left, not to mention it was Gradel who requested the transfer and wormed his way out of the club. What's the point in putting a massive value on a player who doesn't want to play for us? We should have just wanted to get rid.

Either way he's nearly 23 and still only a bench warmer for a League One side. Some Leicester fans severely overrated him on the basis of one goal imo.

Plus, do we even know how much he was sold for?

I heard rumours prices ranging from anywhere between £50k to £1mil.

Most Leeds fans seem to think Gradel has been crap for them since he left, not to mention it was Gradel who requested the transfer and wormed his way out of the club. What's the point in putting a massive value on a player who doesn't want to play for us? We should have just wanted to get rid.

Either way he's nearly 23 and still only a bench warmer for a League One side. Some Leicester fans severely overrated him on the basis of one goal imo.
Plus, do we even know how much he was sold for?

I heard rumours prices ranging from anywhere between £50k to £1mil.

I bet he scores against us this season!!

Last edited:
with blackpool now promoted we should be asking for a multi million pound deal on DJ.

We can ask for a multi million pound deal, but we won't get it because: a) he only has one year to go on his contract and b) any buying club knows we are desperate to get rid of him because of the stupidly high wages we are paying him.

The Mockery reckons we want 1.5m for him whilst Blackpool want him on a free.

We can ask for a multi million pound deal, but we won't get it because: a) he only has one year to go on his contract and b) any buying club knows we are desperate to get rid of him because of the stupidly high wages we are paying him.

Plus he was valuable to Blackpool in the championship but Blackpool will know that the premiership is a step too far for him so why would they want to pay a big fee?

He doesn't want to play for us and as you say he's on silly money so we will need to get rid for what will be a modest fee.

I suppose it comes down to how much DJ wants to play football as opposed to just picking up his silly money paycheques instead.

He is contracted for one more year at say £15000 per week (is that silly enough?), total cost = £780,000 + employers costs.

End of next year, (he can sign pre-contract in January), he is a free agent and we get nothing for him, loss by club = £800,000+

Loan him out again next year with wages split between two clubs, loss by club = £400,000+

ANY transfer deal that gets him off our salary books is going to improve the balance sheet.

Free transfer, loss by club = £0

Sell for £500,000, profit by club next year = £500,000 (- agents fees)

So a free transfer means we lose no more money because of DJ next year. (I have written off the £1.6million+ we paid for him)

To my mind ANY transfer fee from £0 upwards has got be better business than him staying and going on loan again.

Free transfer, loss by club = £0

Not true. He would rightly expect to be compensated to the tune of the difference between what he would have earned in the remainder of his contract period and the amount he will receive from his new club in the same period.

I love it when people just make up a load of stuff, it's great innit? Especially when it turns into a big, long, rambling, meaningless post. Shuddup about tautology

Not true. He would rightly expect to be compensated to the tune of the difference between what he would have earned in the remainder of his contract period and the amount he will receive from his new club in the same period.

But if he is on a free transfer, he only moves if he chooses to. The club cannot force him to go and compensation would surely open up the possibility of a 'bung' to him from the club he would move to by 'only' offering him a lower wage to him for year 1 for us to make up the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00