A third of term report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Well not quite, but 15 games completed and 5th place with 26pts.
4pts off top spot, and 3 off the other automatic place.

A bit topsy turvy so far. As per usual the bookies pre season odds raised expectation levels amongst the fans and anything less than a good start was going to see NP under real pressure. The gaffer was teetering after the opening few games despite some promosing but unproductive early results. Then a super sequence of wins that got the mongs running for cover, followed by an international break that seems to have deflated some good momentum.
We still seem to be lacking something , but every team will have a blip in this division, lets hope we are having ours now.

If we still have the leaders within our grasp come January, will the Thai's gamble and go for it with probaly the couple of quality signings that we need ?
Imo this team is not quite good enough, but 2 or 3 good acquisitions could make all the difference.

Shaping up to be a very interesting season, what do you think ?

Happy so far personally.

We could do with another striker - or one currently on the books finding some form. Still think some of our players haven't hit their best form yet anyway (Kasper, Nuge), which is promising really.

i would much rather we have a dip in form now rather than the last dozen games. We must keep within striking distance of the 2points/game average which historically guarantees automatic promotion. If we are still up and around the leading pack im sure NP will be given funds for the 2/3 quality players we lack. Interestingly on NP's radio interview last night he said that the majority of incoming players this season have been youngsters but that he may bring in quality experienced players at some point during the season, this may be just the thing we need in January to guide us over the finish line. I impressed by the energy/intensity/comittment/player attitude last night, this benchmark needs to be maintained. This is a league we can compete sucessfully in this season and on form we are at least a match for any other team

I was just looking at the league table and I think it is pretty close already to how I would expect it to look at the end of the season.

The few clubs just outside the play-offs (Hudds / Brighton/ Derby) I would imagine could fall away and both Bolton and Wolves could put a run together and make a challange at any point.

It's looking like a competitive season from start to finish for those already in the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669