Abdoulaye Faye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to think about Faye. The guy is an absolute monster and in some ways I think he would be well suited to the Championship. However, he also looks a bit of a bombscare.

I note that the evil twin (the one we were linked with last summer) has been jettisoned by Dirty Leeds. Just read the small print, Sven.

Looks like a sensible possible signing.

Sven has been rectifying the obvious problem of us being too weak physically with Yak and Bamba. Faye would take that a step further.

This is not a division for the faint hearted. Our poor points return away from home is partly because we have been too easily bullied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Leicester-boss-Sven-wants-defender-loan.html?

Celtic are battling Leicester City for the capture of Stoke City defender Abdoulaye Faye on loan.
With regular first-choice pairing Daniel Majstorovic and Thomas Rogne injured, a central defender remains a matter of urgency for Neil Lennon ahead of Tuesday's trip to Aberdeen.
And senior Parkhead sources confirmed on Sunday night that they were working round the clock to secure reinforcements.

Nottingham Forest have steadfastly refused to sell pre-contract summer signing Kelvin Wilson. And, as Sportsmail first revealed on December 8, the Parkhead club now want 32-year-old Faye as cover until the end of the season.
The former Bolton defender is in the final year of his contract, but is burdened by a £40,000-a-week wage.
Celtic want Stoke to meet half the cost of the player’s salary, while the Premiership side want the SPL leaders to pay the full amount or a hefty loan fee.
Should Celtic fail to reach an agreement, then Faye has an option to join Championship side Leicester, where Sven Goran Eriksson is willing to offer him first-team football.

This is not a division for the faint hearted. Our poor points return away from home is partly because we have been too easily bullied.

Spot on. The Mickey Adams team that took us up in 2nd place were bully boys. As with academy football, it seems, there are positives to being a big physical side. The obvious flaws are swiftly found out in the Premier League, however, where players are both big and skillful.

As with academy football, it seems, there are positives to being a big physical side.

I don't personally see anything positive about fostering a 'big physical side' in academy football. I think it's short sighted and counter-productive.

I don't personally see anything positive about fostering a 'big physical side' in academy football. I think it's short sighted and counter-productive.

Oh I agree, but there is a reason the City management have been doing it, the positive to them, and other people I'd think, is the temporary success of the team. It's clear that not a lot of foreplanning for the players careers has been in effect. I am not sure on Sven's youth policies, I'd hope they'd encourage long term development.

Oh I agree, but there is a reason the City management have been doing it, the positive to them, and other people I'd think, is the temporary success of the team. It's clear that not a lot of foreplanning for the players careers has been in effect. I am not sure on Sven's youth policies, I'd hope they'd encourage long term development.

Well then I love you in a purely non-physical way, well, maybe a little bit of fully clothed dry-humping frottage, but nothing more.

It's not just the future careers of the players at issue, but the possible future of the team itself. If we can't produce skilful players, what point is there to the academy? Other for them to win pointless youth trophies.

Well then I love you in a purely non-physical way, well, maybe a little bit of fully clothed dry-humping frottage, but nothing more.

It's not just the future careers of the players at issue, but the possible future of the team itself. If we can't produce skilful players, what point is there to the academy? Other for them to win pointless youth trophies.

Completely agree. Big physical players can be bought cheaply, but skillfull, inteligent players cost a fortune, and is therefore the best use of our academy.

SSN just reported hes at Celtic discussing move, even if talks break down , i doubt enough time to sign for us, cross him off list

Chris McLaughlin on Twitter: "Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has confirmed that Senegalese defender Abdoulaye Faye is in Glasgow for talks over a move to Celtic. Coates has said that Stoke have defensive cover and is happy to see the move go through."

1359: Celtic boss Neil Lennon has admitted his interest in Abdoulaye Faye but denied the Stoke defender was preparing to sign. Celtic are short at the back following a series of injuries, but Lennon said: "I don't think [Faye] is in Glasgow. He is a name that we have been linked with along with a lot of other names. He is one that does interest us but I have nothing to say on it. We are looking to add to the strikers roster as well but it is difficult and it is very late in the month."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669