Speculation Abe leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magellan

The Japanese press are reporting Abe is gone. On his way back to his old Japanese team, Urawa Reds.

The first part of this says: "Urawa signed Japan midfielder Yuki Abe (30) from English Championship team Leicester City on 13 January. According to sources at the club, Abe has agreed a multi-year deal at an average annual wage of Y100m (about GBP850,000), and the deal should be announced officially in the next few days."

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120114-00000053-spnannex-socc

The Japanese press are reporting Abe is gone. On his way back to his old Japanese team, Urawa Reds.

The first part of this says: "Urawa signed Japan midfielder Yuki Abe (30) from English Championship team Leicester City on 13 January. According to sources at the club, Abe has agreed a multi-year deal at an average annual wage of Y100m (about GBP850,000), and the deal should be announced officially in the next few days."

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120114-00000053-spnannex-socc

Tried to read your link, but I seem to have misplaced my Japanese dictionary!

However, this move would not surprise me.

I've always thought Abe was a hard working player who gave his best - but Pearson is going to look at ways at moving on players to make space and displace expenditure.

It will surprise some people in terms of how thin our squad is getting in fit and viable players given all the hype at the start of the season about having two quality players for every position - not that such an arrangement would ever lead to anything but a lot of discontent in this league.

I can understand Pearson wanting to dispose of players at variance with his style of play, but were Abe to go, I would see this as disruption for disruption's sake. We criticised Sven for bringing in 12 players but, if Pearson gets rid of the good players, he will need to do likewise and we're back to square one.

1 decent player we have in the middle and we **** him off, fantastic.

Always put a shift in and can't question his effort but ultimately not really good enough. I hope this gives Danns more opportunity in the middle personally.

Last edited:
Also gives Pearson the opportunity to bring in a midfielder better suited to the championship, fingers crossed for a Cleverley / Davies / Spearing signing.

Been our man of the match several times recently but I would say its a case of him realising he is not going to hit the big time over here any time soon so time to go home to his family. I for one would miss his efforts.

Could never doubt his work ethic, and some of our best performances have been with him in the middle.
Only down side is that when he came back from an international game it took him several games to get back upto speed. If true that his family are still out in Japan, international games maybe one of the few times he gets to see them during the season and so could play on his mind on returning to City. Pure speculation like, but you can't keep blaming jetlag!

If rumour true, good luck Yuki.

Don't his entire family still live over there? I think I remember something from when the Tsunami hit, but I may be wrong.

Working for a Japanese company I know it is quite common for people to live and work away from their family for long periods so I don't think being away from them will be much of a problem.

We have several Japanese directors at foreign subsidiaries that have second families in the countries they work in :)

We have several Japanese directors at foreign subsidiaries that have second families in the countries they work in :)

Similar to Matty Fryatt and UK cities.

Been our man of the match several times recently but I would say its a case of him realising he is not going to hit the big time over here any time soon so time to go home to his family. I for one would miss his efforts.

FFS! First Rydhal with Donny Osmond and now you with David Cassidy.

What is it with these 70's little girlie fodder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566