Academy v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
more mention of the feckin game before it happened would have been handy as well. some of us may have even gone

I went.

I'm tired...........

It was fab!!

Apart from family there were only a handful of Leicester fans there.

Should've been 3-1 before they equalized but Mackay(I think) hit it straight at the keeper when one-on-one.
When Mackems did score they it was backs to the wall, they could easily have gone on to win but somehow just couldn't put the ball in the net with some great chances.
It was pretty much end to end through extra time and I think we were more nervous for the lads when the penalties came than we've ever been for the first team!

It was brill though, thoroughly enjoyed the day and am delighted for everyone involved in the Academy for what they've acheived this season.
Will sort out the photos we took when my mate emails them to me.

:038: billiant result! hopefully they can all carry on winning trophes at leicester for many years!

Well done young-uns! Let's hope some of them can make the step up and be the stars of the future for our club.

The future's bright, the future's blue......Well done lads!! Who needs over paid has beens get some of these in the first team!!

fantastic result:038: :038:

the best under-18 side in the country hopefully means a bright future for the club

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.r...ews.NewsItem&categoryCode=NewsSpecialFeatures

FOXES SEE OFF BLACK CATS IN FINAL
Leicester City's rising stars beat their Sunderland counterparts on Sunday after winning the Premier League Academy League final on penalties at the Stadium of Light.

The scores were level at 2-2 at full-time and after extra time, but the Foxes prevailed on spot kicks, Joe Mattock scoring the winning penalty to edge the shoot-out 4-3.

Less than five minutes into the game Leicester opened the scoring, the prolific Max Gradel firing left-footed past goalkeeper Trevor Carson.

The Black Cats were level a minute later though when Jordan Henderson`s corner snuck in at the far post.

After Gavin Donoghue and Josh Home-Jackson had missed chances to give Sunderland the lead, the Foxes retook the lead just before half-time.

Billy McKay scored the goal after Andy King`s initial shot fell into his path.

Sunderland dominated the second period and finally got a deserved equaliser with 10 minutes to go when skipper Robbie Weir guided Henderson`s cross into the net.

That took the game to extra time but still neither side could find a winner, meaning the dreaded shoot-out was needed, and Mattock became a hero.

The Black Cats reached the showpiece event with a 3-2 semi-final victory over Manchester City while the Foxes triumphed over Arsenal by the same scoreline in London.

The four clubs had made it into the season-ending play-offs by topping their respective groups after a 28-game season.

The Fozes now qualify for the Dallas Cup in Texas next year, which features the leading Under-19 teams from around the world.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Sao Paulo were all involved in this year's tournament.

The Fozes now qualify for the Dallas Cup in Texas next year, which features the leading Under-19 teams from around the world.

:038: :038: :038:

The cup takes place March 16th-23rd (2008).

Well according to one of my relations who lives in North Shields it was a brilliant match, end to end stuff.

He likes the look of our No7 and our No5 whoever they were, pity that there was not much from the Merc.or the O S on a splendid win

good luck to the lads for the future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673