Adams and Gradel

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Judging from the pre-season reports it would seem that two of our more impressive players have been Max Gradel and Nicky Adams. With Adams being used exclusively on the right during pre-season, do you think these two will play in the same side or will it be a case of choosing one to start over the other? I thought Adams was more of a central midfielder but it doesn’t look like Pearson seems him as so.

I’d be interested to see what any of you ‘locals’ who have seen either of them play have to think…

saw them play and i'd have adams to start on the right and have gradel as an impact player. if adams can play in the middle then he should play there next to a holding player like oakley and then have gradel on the wing. if adams can only play on the right then they aint fitting in the same team tbh.

adams looks sound and abit more sturdy, gradel is fecking quick and direct, depends what NP wants really, maybe adams in away games and gradel at home

I'm sure Adams switched with Dyer and played on the left for a bit in the first half tonight

he didnt did he? all i know is dyer has some ****ing skinny legs

I commented on that too :icon_lol:

i sit quite far back in the south stand so when the season starts dyer is just going to look like a floating torso. they're even skinnier than muzzy's pegs!

Last edited:
Ted wgat did you think of Adams and Hobbs legs?

:icon_lol: am i just gonna get a reputation as some sort of leg loving freak now? (for the record meaty and abit thin)

Adams is supposedly able to play anywhere across the midfield*. I'm surprised he's not been tried anywhere apart from on the right.

* Whatever that means - Stearman was "supposed" to be a centre back, apparently.

Adams is supposedly able to play anywhere across the midfield*. I'm surprised he's not been tried anywhere apart from on the right.

* Whatever that means - Stearman was "supposed" to be a centre back, apparently.

I thought last night he played very well on the right. He was always open to receive the ball and had some good runs/crosses.

he didnt did he? all i know is dyer has some ****ing skinny legs

I gotta say, i sat next to a guy called andy i didnt know yesterday and thats all we talked about. by the end of the game we were calling him sticks.

they are some skinny pins

Based on last night I would play Gradel right & try Adams left against Crystal Palace.

If it is a straight choice between the 2, I would go for Gradel against MK Dons - logic

MK will have faced Adams last season, not Gradel, so have some knowledge of his game.

Gradel will have faced all last season's League One clubs (altho many struggled to cope with him), so MK are more likely to be caught unprepared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566