adams backers

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
Oh, that's just lazy Tony

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

The original question was related to how you would feel if Adams had started his term of office in the summer, and what would you be saying in those circumstances. I am saying that no one would be saying Adams out after only six games

It's a hypothetical question, not a question about how I feel about him right now.

Unbelievable..........

Okay Homer, lets just imagine MA had arrived in the summer and was City's last six games into his career. Please explain why we would want to give him "at least a season". Unless there was significant improvement I would say three months would be quite enough.

Everyone's entitled to a honeymoon but sad to say it doesn't last a lifetime or even a season in many football clubs. Only if things were shaping up for the better would I give him longer than three months and that, of course, if he had just been appointed.

The realitity is that he has not just been appointed and my concern about him is not just the results but his failure to close games out, to change the course of matches when things are going wrong, the number of bad players he signs together with some fairly good ones.

Some managers improve in these areas with experience. MA doesn't seem to. That's not me looking at him short term - I am trying to be constructively critical.

What I want to see is simple. One hundred per cent effort from the players, a gameplan which offers some hope of success and which incorporates different players strengths, a sense of belief on the pitch, a willingness to go forward with confidence (after we have scored and not just until) and a feeling that substitutions are made with a purpose rather than just to waste time or to give someone a pointless "appearance".

Mickey Adams is nothing to me one way or the other. I really don't care if Mickey Mouse is manager so long as we can have the above. If MA can deliver it, fine. If not he should go quickly not at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, and it may surprise you, I'll cheer Adams and cheer the City. It's the only help I can give cos no-one (especially in the Walkers hierarchy) seems willing to listen and some of the fans seem to think it will all come good without any change.

Unambiguosly I hope they're right.

Me I'm just frustrated watching the club and its players doing daft things and beating themselves. Cheering will be nice. I just hope there's something worth cheering soon.

homer you say micky would like to play the passing game,well he has been here over 2 seasons now and still no evidence,and to knock your myth on its head did he not say at the q/a (quote) look at forest playing there pretty football and getting nowhere and look at us 2years ago andgetting promoted,so the answer is no,the poor bloke who asked the question was really put down by adams,so theres your theory gone.and would you not think williams,nallis,tiatto would be better suited by the passing game as they did come from PASSING SIDES,i have lost a lot of respect for adams just because of his ignorance towards changing the style of football and tactics,and in the end that will the "nail in the coffin" for him.

homer said:

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

The original question was related to how you would feel if Adams had started his term of office in the summer, and what would you be saying in those circumstances. I am saying that no one would be saying Adams out after only six games

It's a hypothetical question, not a question about how I feel about him right now.

Unbelievable..........

Homer, I believe Tony is the guy who when asked about a replacement for Micky suggested Alan Hansen. Need i say any more!!!!!

Babylon said:
homer said:

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

Unbelievable..........

Homer, I believe Tony is the guy who when asked about a replacement for Micky suggested Alan Hansen. Need i say any more!!!!!

At the moment I think Lord Hanson would probably be an improvement because so far this season, as far as football is concerned, we've had Sweet Fanny Adams...

But with people out there likening us to Manchester United its damn sure you and Homer are not the only ones with delusions. You two can put up with whatever you like but, despite your mocking, the club is underperforming it needs to do better now, not by Christmas or the end of the season. Simple as that.

Tony Elsby said:
Babylon said:
homer said:

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

Unbelievable..........

At the moment I think Lord Hanson would probably be an improvement because so far this season, as far as football is concerned, we've had Sweet Fanny Adams...

But with people out there likening us to Manchester United its damn sure you and Homer are not the only ones with delusions. You two can put up with whatever you like but, despite your mocking, the club is underperforming it needs to do better now, not by Christmas or the end of the season. Simple as that.

You seem to think that Homer and I are really happy and think the sun shines out of MA arse, if you look over our past posts you will see both of us have critisised MA quite a bit.

The difference is we will critisise when it's truely worth it. I will never moan about signings (except blake, as this baffled me when we have Wright/Benji to step in when needed) as the guy has had **** all to spend, he has probably signed 30 players in the last two and a bit years costing no more than about 1.4mil (1million of that in the last 3 months) Could anyone sign that many free transfers and have them all work out!!??

People moan about the style of play, but to be honest i can't remember anyone moaning when we were beating teams 3-0 last time we were in this division. Personally i don't care if we play like Arsenal or Wimbledon, i don't go to be entertained i go there for the passion of supporting my local team. If you just want entertainment go to the cinema.

In another post you say a new manager should be given 3 months. Shouldn't the same apply to our new players?? Micky virtually is a new manager anyway, as he is once again having to deal with a brand new squad of players.

What Micky does deserves to be critisised about is results and team selections, both of which i have done many times.

Whilst Homer appreciates your point of view, both Homer and Micky Adams think it's ace

I just think that things can't get much worse than the misguided tactics against Millwall and then getting beaten at home by a feeble outfit like Brighton.

Its impossible to prove, but my gut feeling is that the success of 2002/03 was down to a combination of a cadre of Prem quality of players and the incentive of picking up the deferred element of wages.

Since then its been a story of decline and gathering gloom - although the manager is clearly very popular with a large section of all involved - it just can't go on like this.

It has to improve fast or he has to go because it's just not good enough. The issue of a potential replacement is real but secondary. No one in their right mind could put up with the argument that the club is now in such a poor state that we can't get rid of the manager because no one decent would want to come here - we have to be a bit more positive than that.

We could get someone decent, but not as decent as Micky.

I just cant understand Newcastle replacing Sir Bobby Robson with Souness. It seems to me that they got rid of Bobby without giving any thought to what replacement they could attract. Unbelieveable!

homer said:
Apparently I am now Micky Adams' agent

Don't knock it. Your on a gravy train that'll keep on rolling even if they pull the rails up.

It still surprises me that people think another manager would have done better than MA last year. Well another manager who would have come to us before we wheel out MON, Arsene Wenger and Mourinho. I'm not going to rake over old posts but I have stated repeatedly I (and most other posters at the time - even London Fox) agreed with the signings made last season, and supported the process. its easy with hindsight to moan about Hignett/Curtis etc but not every signing works and players like Thatcher, Ferdinand, Dabizas, Freund, Bent etc were worthwhile.

If you look at the current team there is a number of new players who need to play together for a period of time before they really gel. Its very rare that an almost completely new team (and I think we can all agree it is that) fire on all cylinders from the off. However, it is worrying that with the exception of Tiatto all play with a lack of passion.

On the style of play, I agree that I don't care how we play as long as we win, but we aren't doing that at the moment. IMO the main problem is that the defence are (like last season) tending to defend 10 yards too deep and the midfield then sit on top of them meaning the only ball possible is a long pass/hoof forward. At the moment Dublin is not holding it up as well as Brian Deane did 2 years ago so the ball is lost and the opposition just come back at us and the cycle is repeated.

When we actually let the defence defend and the midfield are 10-15 yards in front of them, we have attempted to pass through midfield, even against Brighton in the 1st half we had 2 good passing moves but 2 is not enough and when it fails a few times the players resort to long ball as desperation kicks in.

IMO in 10 games time MA will have a team playing together (agreed no evidence of this as yet, just a gut feeling) or a new manager will come in and reap the benefits of the players, leaving us all to rave about how he's turned us round.

Babylon said:
Tony Elsby said:
Babylon said:
homer said:

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

Unbelievable..........

You seem to think that Homer and I are really happy and think the sun shines out of MA arse, if you look over our past posts you will see both of us have critisised MA quite a bit.

The difference is we will critisise when it's truely worth it. I will never moan about signings (except blake, as this baffled me when we have Wright/Benji to step in when needed) as the guy has had **** all to spend, he has probably signed 30 players in the last two and a bit years costing no more than about 1.4mil (1million of that in the last 3 months) Could anyone sign that many free transfers and have them all work out!!??

People moan about the style of play, but to be honest i can't remember anyone moaning when we were beating teams 3-0 last time we were in this division. Personally i don't care if we play like Arsenal or Wimbledon, i don't go to be entertained i go there for the passion of supporting my local team. If you just want entertainment go to the cinema.

In another post you say a new manager should be given 3 months. Shouldn't the same apply to our new players?? Micky virtually is a new manager anyway, as he is once again having to deal with a brand new squad of players.

What Micky does deserves to be critisised about is results and team selections, both of which i have done many times.

Look, you may have played hard to get with Mickey in the past but I think he's got your wearing those proverbial rose-coloured spectacles now.

Take the money you mention. If I was down to my last fiver I wouldn't spend it on some of the apologists for footballers he's got at the Walker's right now.

As for the good players he's got - and I concede there are some - MA's performance is arguably worse because they can play but they are not playing for him.

Your passion (calm down Homer!) does you credit. Its a pity Micky's teams don't stick up for him on the field like you do off it. We'd have a winning formula then.

PS: Sorry about wanting to be entertained. When I first went to Filbert Street we were entertained and we did win in some style. We weren't the Manchester United of the time because we stuffed Manchester United 6-0, Law, Best, Charlton and all.

Truth to tell we were bloody spoiled. FA Cup finals, Championship challenges the lot. No signs of that happening again so, just for you, I'll compromise. I'll settle for a win or two however they come.

Sod the cinema. You're not the only one whose passionate but don't ask me to justify the mediocre cos I remember when the name Leicester really did make the opposition nervous, and with good cause.

Bring back Davie Gibson and friends...

It was all fields round here, and you could leave your front door open without being afraid

And you could watch City win 6-0, have a big fish supper, get a good gamming from a high class who', get the tram home and still have change from half a crown

homer said:
It was all fields round here, and you could leave your front door open without being afraid

And you could watch City win 6-0, have a big fish supper, get a good gamming from a high class who', get the tram home and still have change from half a crown

Not last Thursday then. :lol: :wink:

Its a pity Micky's teams don't stick up for him on the field like you do off it.

Umm, La Manga, Dennis Wise affair, promotion with Brighton and at Fulham, promotion with leicester through administration.

Surely 6 examples will make you back down on that particular point. Its a fact that historically his teams have stuck up for him on the field. Granted its not looking too great at the moment, but then when has James Walker, Tony Elsby or Oadby Fox ever been happy?!

Oh yeah, back in the 60's like all the old relics who whinge and moan about modern football/music/tastes/everything.

Get your Donovan vinyl out and smoke a hamlet in your tank top and slippers and realise you aren't going to make people change their opinions by constantly ramming the same point down our throats all the time in some holier than thou manner.

Dunc said:
Its a pity Micky's teams don't stick up for him on the field like you do off it.

Umm, La Manga, Dennis Wise affair, promotion with Brighton and at Fulham, promotion with leicester through administration.

Surely 6 examples will make you back down on that particular point. Its a fact that historically his teams have stuck up for him on the field. Granted its not looking too great at the moment, but then when has James Walker, Tony Elsby or Oadby Fox ever been happy?!

Oh yeah, back in the 60's like all the old relics who whinge and moan about modern football/music/tastes/everything.

Get your Donovan vinyl out and smoke a hamlet in your tank top and slippers and realise you aren't going to make people change their opinions by constantly ramming the same point down our throats all the time in some holier than thou manner.

Few cheap shots there (you could sell em to MA who'd probably be glad of any shots) but not a lot of reality. You won't catch me moaning about modern teams who try to attack, score some goals and spark a bit of action.

I'm perfectly happy with the internet, modern music of most kinds, jetskiing, snowboarding you name it from the great long list of modern activities.

Like it or not you're a consumer and, sadly, Leicester City plc will only be able to get away with serving up the sort of dross we've seen this season while there's people like you prepared to pay for and put up with it.

I mention the 60's mainly to emphasise the standards we once set and which it would be nice to aspire to once again. Other teams are managing it - what on earth have you got against demanding that Leicester do the same?

If it doesn't matter - why are attendances falling so rapidly?. Before long there'll be just you, Homer and Babylon sitting in your seats and saying "sod the football, at least we've got plenty of room and loads of half-time beer to share."

You moan at me going on about past history - but the teams which stood up for Mickey were yesterday's teams, yesterday's players. They've all gone into their own timewarp presumably to be mocked by you as soon-to-be-relics.

If today's players have been fighting for Mickey's life then I'd hate to see em when they give up.

Cheerfulness? I was cheered about reports of us having "arguably the best squad in the league", being "Championship favourites" and of there only being "three or four teams with a chance of matching us".

Its the reality's made me miserable. Not just losing but the way we've lost. We're different personalities I suppose but if you've stayed cheerful this season then firstly I envy you and secondly I imagine you'd even be happy with toothache

I wouldn't wish that on you all the same but why you imply I should erase the memories of Super City in the 60's for the Carthorse Capers of 2004
I don't know.

New 21st Century heroes would be welcome. Apart from Danny Tiatto, I haven't seen one yet. Have you?

slyfox said:
please answer these questions,(1)do you think he is building a team, and if so around who.(2)do you think his style of football will change,if not can you see the present squad adapting to it.(3)do you like his style of football.(4)if micky adams had came in the summer and signed this squad he has now,what would your first impressions of him been then.and finally no5. what do you think is the main reason adams has lost a lot of his popularity with the fans

1) Yes I do think he is building a team probably long term around the likes of Joey, Williams, Heath and Connelly plus hopefully some of the decent youngsters at the club.

2) Hopefully it will to be fair, the more pressure MA is under the less likely he is to experiment or change from what he is comfortable with he must at least be given the time to let this team gel and adapt a style of play that is suitable to the players but more importantly gets results.

3) I am none too bothered what style we play if it gets results, i certainly would not like to us play total football every week but get beaten. If it is a style that gets results then I am happy.

4) Apart from Blake and Wicox i would have thought this guy was a genius his transfer buys this summer have been excellent and that is why he is now under pressure, signing these players have given the fans an expectation.

5) The desperation for us to do well and also because we are playing poorly and the players at present dont seem to be giving there all, many fans are concerned that MA can no longer motivate. Also i think MA's excuses sometimes wind people up. The problem is when you are winning everything is positive but when we are losing naturally people pick up on the negatives. Main thing is we all get behind the team and the manager and do our part the rest as they say will come out in the wash.

Few cheap shots there (you could sell em to MA who'd probably be glad of any shots) but not a lot of reality. You won't catch me moaning about modern teams who try to attack, score some goals and spark a bit of action.

I'm perfectly happy with the internet, modern music of most kinds, jetskiing, snowboarding you name it from the great long list of modern activities.

Like it or not you're a consumer and, sadly, Leicester City plc will only be able to get away with serving up the sort of dross we've seen this season while there's people like you prepared to pay for and put up with it.

I mention the 60's mainly to emphasise the standards we once set and which it would be nice to aspire to once again. Other teams are managing it - what on earth have you got against demanding that Leicester do the same?

If it doesn't matter - why are attendances falling so rapidly?. Before long there'll be just you, Homer and Babylon sitting in your seats and saying "sod the football, at least we've got plenty of room and loads of half-time beer to share."

You moan at me going on about past history - but the teams which stood up for Mickey were yesterday's teams, yesterday's players. They've all gone into their own timewarp presumably to be mocked by you as soon-to-be-relics.

If today's players have been fighting for Mickey's life then I'd hate to see em when they give up.

Cheerfulness? I was cheered about reports of us having "arguably the best squad in the league", being "Championship favourites" and of there only being "three or four teams with a chance of matching us".

Its the reality's made me miserable. Not just losing but the way we've lost. We're different personalities I suppose but if you've stayed cheerful this season then firstly I envy you and secondly I imagine you'd even be happy with toothache

I wouldn't wish that on you all the same but why you imply I should erase the memories of Super City in the 60's for the Carthorse Capers of 2004
I don't know.

New 21st Century heroes would be welcome. Apart from Danny Tiatto, I haven't seen one yet. Have you?

Yeah, there were a few cheap shots there, end of a bad day, I can apologise for the Donovan comment, he was shite.

I've not stayed cheerful - as some other posters have written, you should read the whole thread and not just comment on the last post. I've stated I'd prefer us to play differently, but as many have pointed out as well, I feel we have the nucleus of a good team, and most of the players indicated MA as a key factor in joining us.

Now at the moment they aren't playing but I stand by my final paragraph of the other post - that in 10 games time we will be winning either with MA
as boss or with a new man in charge who will reap the benefits of the team that he has inherited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566