Adams Watching Cullip

Should we get Cullip

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think our lads were well treated by the Spanish Justice system Babylon? Or could it be you really think they had a case to answer? Come on we would all like to know...

As for Cullip...

First it was Booby Zee. Then it was Paul Brooker who Micky signed and never played because he just wasn't good enough. Now it's Danny Cullip, Micky's third choice player from a team that's playing in a third rate league.

Micky, you really have to get Brighton out of your system. There are other bigger and better clubs with bigger and better players.

Oadby Fox said:
So you think our lads were well treated by the Spanish Justice system Babylon? Or could it be you really think they had a case to answer? Come on we would all like to know...

As for Cullip...

First it was Booby Zee. Then it was Paul Brooker who Micky signed and never played because he just wasn't good enough. Now it's Danny Cullip, Micky's third choice player from a team that's playing in a third rate league.

Micky, you really have to get Brighton out of your system. There are other bigger and better clubs with bigger and better players.

I'd chance my arm with Leon Knight, would you?

Don't know enough about him, Malf. Just concerned we need more players who have played at a higher level to stand a good chance of promotion. And Micky's half admitted that himself by pointing out how difficult it is going to be this time.

Come July there should be a few ex Prem pro's knocking around who'll be sufficiently desperate that they'll jump at a year's contract on slave wages (about a quarter of a million pounds) in Div 1.

Problem here of course is that all these ex Prem pro's just happen to be recently released LCFC players...

Oadby Fox said:
Don't know enough about him, Malf. Just concerned we need more players who have played at a higher level to stand a good chance of promotion. And Micky's half admitted that himself by pointing out how difficult it is going to be this time.

Come July there should be a few ex Prem pro's knocking around who'll be sufficiently desperate that they'll jump at a year's contract on slave wages (about a quarter of a million pounds) in Div 1.

Problem here of course is that all these ex Prem pro's just happen to be recently released LCFC players...

Adams has been brave though, we don't want to be going round and round in circles, we need to take a chance. We need a younger squad with more quality, hard to piece this together unless you get some players and tunr them from zero to hero like what O'Neill did. I think there a PLENTY of quality players in the lower leagues that will progress on to premiership standard given the chance, it's just hard to bring a bucket load of them in and expect all of them to do the business. Leon Knight, was touted as the hottest prospect in football at Chelsea about 4 years ago, he didn't make it as Chelsea suddenly got filthy rich and was released this summer just gone. Brighton snapped him up after a successful loan spell and he has become the top scorer in division 2. 27/28 goals and i've seen him play and he looks excellent, typical player who's been with a top club and branded about as a footballing god he has the arrogance that is needed to become a great footballer, the attitude that means nothing fazes him and he has confidence in himself. I would do everything we can to sign this fella.

Problem is that we have trodden this route before with little success, apart from the O'Neill era.

Fact is that unless you happen to be a Martin O'Neill, and not forgetting his backroom staff, then it is extremely difficult to turn a lower league player into something better.

Brooker is a fine example over the past 12 months, but going back to the B*stard's reign we followed this path with Cresswell, Benjamin, Akinbiyi, Lewis etc. and it all went horribly wrong.
It's as much a gamble as throwing all your youth team into the first team -but at least that doesn't cost you anything.

Much as some people hate the idea, we do need someone with top flight experience (as long as they are not approaching 40).

Can't say Culip inspires me with any confidence from what I've seen. Is he truly any better than Matt Elliott ?

Maybe he was watching the great Mark Magoo for some coaching tips - he may be a complete w*nker but at least they play football on the ground

Oadby Fox said:

As for Cullip...

Look back at old threads and you will find my opinion on the subject.

We are now playing in a second rate league so we aren't that far apart anymore, especially if they win the playoffs.

Yes there are bigger and better clubs, with bigger and better players... who also have bigger fees and bigger wages that we can't afford.

Give us some examples of players you think we should get then?

homer said:
Problem is that we have trodden this route before with little success, apart from the O'Neill era.

Fact is that unless you happen to be a Martin O'Neill, and not forgetting his backroom staff, then it is extremely difficult to turn a lower league player into something better.

Brooker is a fine example over the past 12 months, but going back to the B*stard's reign we followed this path with Cresswell, Benjamin, Akinbiyi, Lewis etc. and it all went horribly wrong.
It's as much a gamble as throwing all your youth team into the first team -but at least that doesn't cost you anything.

Much as some people hate the idea, we do need someone with top flight experience (as long as they are not approaching 40).

Can't say Culip inspires me with any confidence from what I've seen. Is he truly any better than Matt Elliott ?

Maybe he was watching the great Mark Magoo for some coaching tips - he may be a complete w*nker but at least they play football on the ground

True, but Homer matey we aren't in the premiership now and if we bring in some talent from the lower leagues with some time on their hands it might turn out to be more successful. Taylor signed crap lower league players, players that weren't even performing in the lower leagues such as Cresswell (one goal for Sheff Wec in about a year) Junior Lewis (wasn't getting in for Gillingham!! :shock: )

Benjamin has dissapointed me, he had scored plenty of goals at Cambridge and even I might have snapped him up as he was a prospect, but not for £1.5 million and on £10-15k a week.

Liam Lawrence, Leon Knight, Martyn Corrighan and Iam Hume.

Micky Adams is often at Withdean because he's worshiped down here and has a great relationship with the players.

Paul Brooker was never EVER going to be good enough for the Premiership. He was signed as cover wasn't he? Cheap, good attitude and could possibly do a job if the squad were stretched.

He can be brilliant but he's really inconsistant. We really miss him though. No one takes players on anymore.

Cullip however is totally different. A very good, solid, center back.

Turkey said:
Micky Adams is often at Withdean because he's worshiped down here and has a great relationship with the players.

Paul Brooker was never EVER going to be good enough for the Premiership. He was signed as cover wasn't he? Cheap, good attitude and could possibly do a job if the squad were stretched.

He can be brilliant but he's really inconsistant. We really miss him though. No one takes players on anymore.

Cullip however is totally different. A very good, solid, center back.

His daughter still lives down there too. He is definately after Cullip though, he has been since he left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363