Additional players needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

IMO, despite the really positive start, City still urgently need to bring in three more players.

If there is no money we should sell Mattock, tap up buyers for Kisnorbo when fit and offload Hayles.

We've got no cover at fullback or attacking midfield (with weso and kish being defensive midfielders), whilst most have no faith in Henderson.

at present 2 to 3 inuries would see our 1st team look pretty stretched and low on quality.

Do we think Pearson's transfer activity is on hold until the Mattock situation is sorted?
Or do we think he is happy that the likes of Magunda, Rowe-Turner, O'Neill etc could come in at fullback if necessary?

we dont need another midfielder adams is capable of playing center mid and i dont know why some people have so little faith in henderson he has been top class since he has been in the 1st team.

i agree we still need an experienced fullback but i dont think pearson is the type of manager to buy players for the sake of it.

All we need is a right back and a left back IMO.

i dont know why some people have so little faith in henderson he has been top class since he has been in the 1st team.
I don't agree.

Peter Schmeical was "top class", Peter Shilton was "top class", Gordon Banks etc etc etc etc etc were "top class".

I'd say Henderson has some way to go before he reaches that sort of standard, but good luck to him.

IMO, despite the really positive start, City still urgently need to bring in three more players.

If there is no money we should sell Mattock, tap up buyers for Kisnorbo when fit and offload Hayles.

We've got no cover at fullback or attacking midfield (with weso and kish being defensive midfielders), whilst most have no faith in Henderson.

at present 2 to 3 inuries would see our 1st team look pretty stretched and low on quality.

Do we think Pearson's transfer activity is on hold until the Mattock situation is sorted?
Or do we think he is happy that the likes of Magunda, Rowe-Turner, O'Neill etc could come in at fullback if necessary?

So if I read that correctly, you want to sell a fullback when you admit we have no cover, in order to buy another fullback, who would then of course have no cover? Just so I'm clear...

we dont need another midfielder adams is capable of playing center mid and i dont know why some people have so little faith in henderson he has been top class since he has been in the 1st team.

i agree we still need an experienced fullback but i dont think pearson is the type of manager to buy players for the sake of it.

Top class in not the correct term...id say reasnable.

Top class in not the correct term...id say reasnable.

sorry i meant top class for league 1, who else do you think we could get thats better than hendo?

(if anyone says Fulop i would have to smash there head in with a criket bat

Last edited:
sorry i meant top class for league 1, who else do you think we could get thats better than hendo?

(if anyone says Fulop i would have to smash there head in with a criket bat

Come on MM splash the cash, Fulop. :icon_wink

i think we need an attacking central midfielder and then another tall striker younger, quicker and better than Howard!! our defence was ok, but could do with tightening up (probably just a matter of them "gelling" together)

I can see Campbell and Dickov playing well together. Doubt they'll get the chance though.

I can see Campbell and Dickov playing well together. Doubt they'll get the chance though.

You must have special powers to ever see DJ playing well.

Joking aside Maybury would be decent cover at this level.

I dont think he would, he was one of the worst players I have ever seen, no positional awareness what so ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670