On This Day.

I watched the entire thing on a small black and white tv in a caravan in a field in Derbyshire … we had arranged to go away for the weekend long before the playoffs had been achieved.

We had been to Skegness for the day, heard nothing all day kept away from TV and Radio and had recorded the game to watch when we got back, we crossed over New Parks on the way back and every house had a banner or flag hanging out of the window, and people were singing and dancing, we realised that we won still sat up until around 2am and watched it brilliant day and night, only topped by 1996 at the time, since topped by 2016 and later cup final glory

On this day in 1986 this club legend signed.

View attachment 18752
I remember when it seemed like he'd be here forever. I went from fresh faced young man to balding & entering middle age & he was still wearing a City shirt. Amazing really.

Sobering thought...it's now as many years since he left as he spent here. Both Walshie & myself turn 60 at the end of the year & officially become old men.

**** sake, where the hell does it go ?

I remember when it seemed like he'd be here forever. I went from fresh faced young man to balding & entering middle age & he was still wearing a City shirt. Amazing really.

Sobering thought...it's now as many years since he left as he spent here. Both Walshie & myself turn 60 at the end of the year & officially become old men.

**** sake, where the hell does it go ?
To hell.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58