Additional players needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have signed enough players, our youngsters should be given a chance. Last season we thought we needed players and we brought them in and look what happened.

Agree with the majority, full back is the only position I'm worried about.

Definetely need a back up left back at the bare, bare minimum, but really someone else to play right back is needed too.

Not seen this mentioned at all, but I'm pretty sure we don't get time off for international breaks now we're in lowly League One. That's going to give us some big problems at times, presumably.
For example, 6th September we are playing Colchester.... the night before, England U21s are playing Portugal U21s in a qualifying match... which I would imagine they're going to want Mattock for. On the 6th, Bulgaria play their first World Cup Qualifier... which they'll maybe want Kishishev and Tunchev for?

So yeah, backups for fullback would be nice!

Last edited:
Agree with the majority, full back is the only position I'm worried about.

Definetely need a back up left back at the bare, bare minimum, but really someone else to play right back is needed too.

Not seen this mentioned at all, but I'm pretty sure we don't get time off for international breaks now we're in lowly League One. That's going to give us some big problems at times, presumably.
For example, 6th September we are playing Colchester.... the night before, England U21s are playing Portugal U21s in a qualifying match... which I would imagine they're going to want Mattock for. On the 6th, Bulgaria play their first World Cup Qualifier... which they'll maybe want Kishishev and Tunchev for?

So yeah, backups for fullback would be nice!

I was under the impression you only need 2 international call ups at league level to have games rescheduled, i await being corrected but that's what i had heard.......though i hear plenty shit

I was under the impression you only need 2 international call ups at league level to have games rescheduled, i await being corrected but that's what i had heard.......though i hear plenty shit

You are correct.

Should have kept Sheehan IMO but we got the farmer who pretends he is a football manager to thank for that......

We offered Sheehan a contract but he turned it down.

And Sheehan is shite anyway. Good at set pieces, not so good at actually playing football.

Sheehan would have been good enough at this level, it will probably bring him on as a player a bit more and he is worth having in the team just for his set pieces, especially if we are going to be on top of the game as we will be going forward more thus playing to his advantages.

If he hadn't have been pretty much expelled from the first team by Holloway after just one game in charge he would have stuck with us IMO, though to be honest, Leeds are probably a better prospect than us and certainly have just as good facilities as us and also will be able to pay just as much as us so can see why he chose to go there.

I'm sure Kishishev could cover at right back, seeing as that is here he has played for the majority of his career. Would also give us a break of watching his dross in midfield.

Would also give us a break of watching his dross in midfield.
Yes, I'm sure you're sick to death of seeing Kishishev in a midfield City shirt. When was the last time he missed a competetive game for us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670