adverts you actually like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed there are 2 advert breaks in the new simpsons episodes? why?

They've always had two scene breaks in each episode where the ad breaks go, it's the way they've always been shown in the US. Presumably Sky have decided to see if British viewers will accept this.
From an advertiser's perspective it makes more sense to show ads during programmes, when people are less likely to switch channels, and from a channel perspective it makes more sense to have fewer ads between programmes, for the same reason.

Simpsons episodes have also got shorter over the years, as the number of ads has increased.

They've always had two scene breaks in each episode where the ad breaks go, it's the way they've always been shown in the US. Presumably Sky have decided to see if British viewers will accept this.
From an advertiser's perspective it makes more sense to show ads during programmes, when people are less likely to switch channels, and from a channel perspective it makes more sense to have fewer ads between programmes, for the same reason.

Simpsons episodes have also got shorter over the years, as the number of ads has increased.

Well i don't accept it, its shit!:icon_lol:

EDIT: Not that it really affects me coz i Sky+ it anyway but having the press fast forward twice is a pain in the arse!

Last edited:
I thought the point of this thread was to discuss adverts you liked :icon_lol:

You should know tb can't stay on a positive note for too long, it will break the fabric of time and space were there to be to much positivity around the forum.:icon_bigg

Last edited:
You should know tb can't stay on a positive note for too long, it will break the fabric of time and space were there to be to much positivity around the forum.:icon_bigg

oy fcuk....

you go down the Sportsman's pub?

They also have ad breaks before the credits, which is really ****ing stupid, but don't have an advert between those credits and the next programme (its also why a lot of American programmes like friends etc have another scene over the credits)

Im assuming dv means Hinckley as he comes back here from time to time.

Hincko

it's a few of mates' local

Dave, scottish lad, no hair and his bird Jackie

Doug in the pool team, Jackie's brother

and my ex Jennie, curly brown hair does guitar in the sporties every now and again

Hincko

it's a few of mates' local

Dave, scottish lad, no hair and his bird Jackie

Doug in the pool team, Jackie's brother

and my ex Jennie, curly brown hair does guitar in the sporties every now and again

is dave the bhoys fan?

No not allowed Christmas stuff until December - preferably after my birthday (2nd).

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46