Aleksandar Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexander Tunchev

Have you read the BBC article?

"Most of the 15 older EU member states have put in place restrictions on the free movement of workers from the two new members - though Finland and Sweden are two exceptions. "

If the usual rules are followed, Tunchev will be granted a work permit if he has played in 75% of his country's internationals in the last two years.

Thanks Jeff ...obviously I was aware that Sweden had free movement of workers from Bulgaria hence the confusion...:icon_wink

Sasho is a living legend amongst CSKA Sofia fans - this seems a great signing for the club and hopefully he will be our new hero.

340x.jpg

No doubt we'll see some solid tackles like this next season - welcome aboard Sasho!

Re: Alexander Tunchev

I think I know how the deal is being funded! The Leicester City TEXT service has already sent out the same text about the deal 3 times - at 25p a pop they just need to send it to me 320,000 more times.

Funnily enough the text doesn't mention that its subject to him getting a work permit ... still they can send that out later!

Yeah i got 3 text messages as well, i thought it going to be another tripple swoop

Nicely put by the BBC site:

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric is on the verge of completing an £800,000 deal for CSKA Sofia defender Aleksander Tunchev. (Daily Mirror)

I'd be surprised if Pearson had even heard of this fella before being told of his impending arrival. This deal is worringly similiar to last summers nonsense. I'd wager that CSKA Sofia aren't seeing much of the reported transfer fee.

Still, I suppose you can't teach an old dog . . .

How the **** have we managed to sign one of the best centre backs in europe?

:038::026: good signing, maybe another striker and a versatile midfielder/defender and we're looking okay imo

We haven't

Before a couple of weeks ago most people had never even heard of the bloke

He is at the top of his game, a very good centre back, according to some drunken bulgarian i was just speaking to.

He is at the top of his game, a very good centre back, according to some drunken bulgarian i was just speaking to.

Aye - and Kaebi was the feckin' 'Prince of Persia' according to a fair few Iranians......

i hope you and you're drunken bulgarian friend are right, although he did hint in an interveiw someone posted on here that the bulgarian first division is only as good as the english third :icon_lol:

How the **** have we managed to sign one of the best centre backs in europe?

Wasn't it about this time last year that MM/MA signed 'one of the best players in Asia'....?

Having said that, I am interested/pleased/relatively excited by this signing, even though I'd never heard of him before - certainly more hopeful this time than with our last 'major coup'.

If he's so fecking good why has he signed for a 3rd division club?

Wait till he turns up at Whaddon Road at the end of August - that will soon shatter his illusions about League One.

TBH, I am surprised a team from the Bundesliga hasn't had him if he's much cop. They always have the lead on signing Eastern Europeans due to location.

Last edited:
If he's so fecking good why has he signed for a 3rd division club?

Perhaps we told him that we are in League One and for got to mention the Premier League and the Championship.

Perhaps he would rather be playing than sitting on somebody else's bench.

Perhaps he really is crap.

Perhaps we told him that we are in League One and for got to mention the Premier League and the Championship.

Perhaps he would rather be playing than sitting on somebody else's bench.

Perhaps he really is crap.

I think that, perhaps, one of those may be correct

But I'm not going to tell you which one, 'cos it's a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675