Alexander Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big team

This one's got Milan's mucky paw prints all over it. Yet again it sounds too good to be true. But surely you don't get to be captain of a European club that most of us have at least heard of, and still be completely shit, do you? So where's the catch?

Exclusive by Graham Melton & Andy Mann

Bulgarian international Aleksander Tunchev was flying into England today for signing talks with Leicester City.

The 26-year-old central defender has left his club, CSKA Sofia, to discuss an £800,000 move.

Sasho, as he is known to CSKA fans, has captained the Sofia team and is a regular fixture in the Bulgarian national team.

CSKA are reported to have financial troubles and are selling their best players.

There has been rumoured interest for Tunchev from Russian, German and English clubs, as well as Greek outfit PAOK Thessaloniki.

Meanwhile, City manager Nigel Pearson has backed City to handle the high expectations of an instant return to the Championship.

City have already been installed as one of the early favourites for promotion following relegation to League One last season.

Pearson is determined to ensure City will "bounce straight back" but warned they faced a tough season to achieve that goal.

He acknowledged expectations at the Walkers Stadium will be high and insisted it will take "positive contributions" from all of his players and staff to meet them.

Pearson said: "What's important for us is that we do everything we can to make sure the club goes forward and bounces straight back this season.

"It will be tough. It will need everybody involved playing a positive role and contributing in a positive way, whatever role that is, players and staff alike.

"It's a big ask for us in the sense that expectations will be high. It will be a tough season but I am confident we can generate the momentum to put us in a good position."

Exclusive my arse :icon_lol:

Pearson spends all week making sensible, well though-out signings and then Milan comes along today and p1sses all over his chips with this.
Forgive me for being cynical, but we are paying £800k for a defender who we have no idea about whether he is suited to the English game or not.
Is there really nobody proven in the Championship or League One who could fill that position for much less cash?

Same could be said about Deco then.

only 26!? too good to be true imo.

Pearson spends all week making sensible, well though-out signings and then Milan comes along today and p1sses all over his chips with this.
Forgive me for being cynical, but we are paying �800k for a defender who we have no idea about whether he is suited to the English game or not.
Is there really nobody proven in the Championship or League One who could fill that position for much less cash?

I don't see how signing a bulgarian international isn't sensible. Granted i've never seen him play.

This stinks of a MM signing but we have a scout who worked at 2 top clubs and looking at international players would've been his job.

Last edited:
76628530.jpg

maybe its time to stop being so cynical, hey, hes bulgarian right so i bet he can get berbatov and the two petrovs to come in!

i wasnt being cynical maybe flippant is a better word afterall a few on here seem to think its too good to be true i was giving a possible reason why he would be interested in coming here :102::)

Anyone got any Youtube clips of him :icon_roll

Good grief, how many centre backs?

As soon as Kisnorbo is even half fit, he will be straight out the door

Wouldn't be surprised if a deal has already been done

Plus I suspect we have been desperately trying to dump N'Gotty for months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690