All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Sinclair,Alan Wright and Dean Windass...this can only mean one thing,we are starting up a Bowls Team

Powell has vast experience and could be used as short term cover but nothing else. If hired I can't see him featuring much.

Pardon?

From the usual site...

This story has come from someone at the top of the club, cant say who, as i may lose my job. in january, expect leicester to make several big swoops. get ready to see the return of elvis hammond

We wouldn't need to wait until January to sign Hammond. Just to locate him in whichever queue he signs on from.

We wouldn't need to wait until January to sign Hammond. Just to locate him in whichever queue he signs on from.

January is when his job seekers allowance runs out.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard...ever. Why on earth would NP sign someone that has already proven that he is not good enough to get in our team. Ridiculous. Why would NP sign Hammond when we can easily recall Hayles....a much more successful 'striker'.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard...ever. Why on earth would NP sign someone that has already proven that he is not good enough to get in our team. Ridiculous. Why would NP sign Hammond when we can easily recall Hayles....a much more successful 'striker'.

....Nah, ya lost me:102:

Why would NP sign Hammond when we can easily recall Hayles....a much more successful 'striker'.

Hayles scored 2 league goals for Leicester in 9 starts (18 appearances): 1 goal every 4.5 starts (9 appearances)

Hammond scored 8 league goals for Leicester in 32 starts (64 appearances): 1 goal every 4 starts (8 appearances)

Tell me again that Hayles is "a much more successful 'striker'" than Hammond.

What are the statistics for the two purely when they are playing as strikers?

Which player has scored the most goals in competitive matches and in the higher league?

Are you suggesting that when you compare the two careers that Elvis has proven himself to be a more successful and capable striker?

Hayles scored 2 league goals for Leicester in 9 starts (18 appearances): 1 goal every 4.5 starts (9 appearances)

Hammond scored 8 league goals for Leicester in 32 starts (64 appearances): 1 goal every 4 starts (8 appearances)

Tell me again that Hayles is "a much more successful 'striker'" than Hammond.

Are you sure it was 9 starts? Says on wikipedia 2 goals in 6 starts.

Admittedly my original comment was tongue in cheek as I am aware that Hayles isn't the answer but overall his career IMO has been much more successful than Hammond's.

The point is; why would he want Hammond when he's just got rid of a striker that is ARGUABLY just as impotent.

Last edited:
Admittedly my original comment was tongue in cheek as I am aware that Hayles isn't the answer but overall his career IMO has been much more successful than Hammond's.

The point is; why would he want Hammond when he's just got rid of a striker that is ARGUABLY just as impotent.

Can we just stop this whole discussion now please...the rumour is not even worth comment...as to Hayles to Hammond - who the hell cares! there both shit!

I would be surprised if a club like Barnet didn't at least give Elvis a try!

I'm going to see Barnet at Dagenham & Redbridge tonight. I'll look out for him and report back.

Enjoy it Boc!

I'm sure I will

.... in a 'ticking-off a new ground' sort of way.

And I'll be praying for Morecambe away in the JPT all the way home afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263