Andy Johnson - Is he the biz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not impressed with him at all last night even given the fact that he was coming back from injury. I thought that his going to ground every times he lost the ball or got tackled was second rate compared to Huckerby. He was encouraged a lot by the referee who got a few wrong last night, mind you we thought that the linesmen did also.
Don't think he's got catting hells chance of being on the plane to Germany in the summer.

Last edited:
On his performance last night, I would be surprised he if he is even considered

he's a decent definitely prem class striker IMO but hes overrated - everyone went on about his 24 goals in the prem but am i right in thinking about a dozen of those were penalties?

dont get me wrong a goals a goal and i think he won a lot of them himself but i dont think it puts him quite on the same par with a player whose stuck away 20 from open play.

to put it another way if someone else took palaces penalties, johnson would have about 12 or 13 goals that season and i doubt that would have seen people clamouring for him to be in the england team

On a par with Kevin Phillips at best. :102: :102: :102:

Owen, Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent, Heskey, Vassell are strikers who I would rather see at the World Cup than Johnson.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Owen, Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent, Heskey, Vassell are strikers who I would rather see at the World Cup than Johnson.

I'd throw Beattie in ahead of him as well I think.

Johnson is a decent striker, and definetely one of the best in this division, but he is way overrated. As someone else said, most of his goals in the Prem were penalties. I don't think he should be considered for England, I think he is someway off that level, but I think he is good enough for a bottom half Prem team.

his greatest quality is his diving, take that away from him and he's pretty pants

Graz said:

Beattie as well, forgot about him.

Graz said:
Johnson is a decent striker, and definetely one of the best in this division, but he is way overrated. As someone else said, most of his goals in the Prem were penalties. I don't think he should be considered for England, I think he is someway off that level, but I think he is good enough for a bottom half Prem team.

Again I agree with you. Far too over-rated, but IMO he would be brilliant for someone like Wigan or Bolton.

Whilst he had a disappointing game against us he is still a decent striker, however he is some way off international class and I tend to agree with that his level would most likely be a mid table prem club.

Steven said:
On a par with Kevin Phillips at best. :102: :102: :102:

I went to the Villa Match today and Phillips was crap. He has no skill and no flare about him at all. Very poor vison and shocking awareness of the players around him. This Guy wouldn't get in the Leicester side.

Slightly off topic, but watching West Brom and Villa today I honestly felt we could of beaten both of these sides quite comfortably. And it confirmed to me that we really have stepped up a gear in recent weeks.

:102: Not the biz last night IMHO. He's over-rated tbh but then again so is Ashton. When he came to the Walkers with Norwich he had hardly any impact on the game

FoxesGirl said:
:102: Not the biz last night IMHO. He's over-rated tbh but then again so is Ashton. When he came to the Walkers with Norwich he had hardly any impact on the game

Anything you wish to share with us FG??? :icon_lol: :018: :018: :018:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
And what were you doing with him last night. :102: :eek:
she was sporking him.....

Graz said:

To be fair to him through i think he did win a lot of those penalties. Still not good enough through.

Duzza said:
Anything you wish to share with us FG??? :icon_lol: :018: :018: :018:
O Fcukin hell, typing error there. I meant Friday night:icon_redf Sorry for the misunderstanding:icon_redf :icon_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566