Champions parade

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City is delighted to invite all supporters to join the team in celebrating the Football Club’s return to the Premier League as Sky Bet Championship winners!

Mark your calendars for an unforgettable open top bus parade through the heart of Leicester on Sunday 5 May, as the staff and players join the Blue Army to toast a record eighth second-tier title.

The Foxes’ immediate return to the top-fight as title winners was confirmed with a sensational 3-0 win over Preston North End at Deepdale on Monday night, with the Championship trophy set to be presented at the season finale with Blackburn Rovers at King Power Stadium on Saturday. The Straight Back Up Parade takes place the following day (Sunday 5 May), giving the wider city the chance to join the party atmosphere.

Travelling through the heart of Leicester, the parade will commence on Northampton Street, turning right onto Granby Street and continuing on to the Haymarket Clocktower, and along Humberstone Gate in a chance for the team to share the celebrations with the Club’s supporters and Leicester’s communities as they lift the trophy from the balcony in front of the crowds below.

PARADE DETAILS:
Pre-Parade Entertainment:
11:30am at Haymarket
Start Time: 12pm from Northampton Street
Arrival Time: 12:40pm at Haymarket
Celebration: 1:15pm from the balcony overlooking the Clock Tower
Players depart balcony: 2pm
Event Concludes: 2:30pm
With music, big screens, Q&As, interviews, and of course, a trophy lift, the event is set to be an unforgettable occasion for Leicester City supporters in attendance and a thank you from everyone at the Club for being such a big part of the team’s success this season.

Reminiscent of previous parades in 2014 and 2016, where the streets of Leicester were alive with excitement, we are once again encouraging everyone to come out in their blue and white to join the celebrations.

For safety and the best viewing experience, please follow all event guidelines and respect the instructions from parade officials and local authorities.

The biggest shambles I've ever witnessed

Hundreds of Thai randomers looking like they are on safari taking photos of the local animals.

Good turn out by the fans but short changed again.

The actual balcony thing itself was indeed an absolute ****ing shambles of the highest order

They’ve had a whole week to plan it - couldn’t organise a ****ing piss up in a brewery

The biggest shambles I've ever witnessed

Hundreds of Thai randomers looking like they are on safari taking photos of the local animals.

Good turn out by the fans but short changed again.
It must be ****ing exhausting.

So they ****ed something up back at the KP, which means they left half an hour late

The bus parade was fine, but when they got to the Haymarket, it was about forty minutes between the players getting off and appearing on the balcony, while we all stood there sweltering in the sun not knowing what the **** was going on

We were subject to a load of Thai hangers on standing on the balcony taking pictures of us all like we were ****ng zoo animals

They were supposed to come on and lift the trophy with a load of ticker tape being fired out of cannons - but they did the lift and the ****ing cannons didn’t go off so they had to do a fake trophy lift again twenty minutes later with the cannons. Cringeworthy in the extreme.

The cock end with the microphone farted about asking inane, stupid questions to people who clearly weren’t expecting it and who didn’t know what to say

“Let’s all sing When Your Smiling” said the cock end, only to find out that the complete shithouse of a DJ didn’t have a ****ing version of it

There was absolutely no plan at all as to how things were going to run - they just stood there like lemons not knowing what to do

The DJ played whole versions of e.g. Wonderwall, Voulez-Vouz etc., when all we wanted was a few snippets to sing along to.

No consideration given to the thousands who were there - was more about corporate staged photos of them with their back to the crowd

Whole thing came across like some snot-nosed YTS kid was asked to organise it at 10 o’clock this morning

Only saving Grace was Choudhury, Albrighton and Vardy (and Vardy’s daughter) grabbing the microphone and giving the crowd what they actually wanted.

Wouldn’t have missed it for the world and the crowd were great but, ****ing hell, what a complete and utter ****ing mess it was from start to finish

IMG_7590.jpeg

****ing loved it. We stood for 1.5 hours for 2 minutes of busness. Don’t ****ing care. Vards looked at me, maresca waved in my general direction and I ****ing fan-girled the whole thing. It was a joy.

Sounds a bit like the shite put on at the stadium yesterday. Was in the family stand with my son as saw **** all.

Don’t get me started on that abomination

Again, unplanned mayhem with no thought given to the fans - especially the kids

I’m in the Kop so I was ok, but the rest of the whole stadium got royally ****ed

Don’t get me started on that abomination

Again, unplanned mayhem with no thought given to the fans - especially the kids

I’m in the Kop so I was ok, but the rest of the whole stadium got royally ****ed
We really did. My boy was almost in tears. The only look of the trophy we got was of Top having his picture taken with it and his extended family with his back to us. Wankers

So they ****ed something up back at the KP, which means they left half an hour late

The bus parade was fine, but when they got to the Haymarket, it was about forty minutes between the players getting off and appearing on the balcony, while we all stood there sweltering in the sun not knowing what the **** was going on

We were subject to a load of Thai hangers on standing on the balcony taking pictures of us all like we were ****ng zoo animals

They were supposed to come on and lift the trophy with a load of ticker tape being fired out of cannons - but they did the lift and the ****ing cannons didn’t go off so they had to do a fake trophy lift again twenty minutes later with the cannons. Cringeworthy in the extreme.

The cock end with the microphone farted about asking inane, stupid questions to people who clearly weren’t expecting it and who didn’t know what to say

“Let’s all sing When Your Smiling” said the cock end, only to find out that the complete shithouse of a DJ didn’t have a ****ing version of it

There was absolutely no plan at all as to how things were going to run - they just stood there like lemons not knowing what to do

The DJ played whole versions of e.g. Wonderwall, Voulez-Vouz etc., when all we wanted was a few snippets to sing along to.

No consideration given to the thousands who were there - was more about corporate staged photos of them with their back to the crowd

Whole thing came across like some snot-nosed YTS kid was asked to organise it at 10 o’clock this morning

Only saving Grace was Choudhury, Albrighton and Vardy (and Vardy’s daughter) grabbing the microphone and giving the crowd what they actually wanted.

Wouldn’t have missed it for the world and the crowd were great but, ****ing hell, what a complete and utter ****ing mess it was from start to finish
It must be ****ing exhausting

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664