Andy Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the issue here? We need players, no one can deny that, Welsh did okay when he was here, and thus far alot of the players have been playing less than okay.
Porter has potential and everyone likes him because hes home grown, but in my opinion he is lightweight and often anonymous. The division is so average that a bit of pace,agility and the ability to cross is all you need, and thats what hes got

I don't see the issue here? We need players, no one can deny that, Welsh did okay when he was here, and thus far alot of the players have been playing less than okay.
Porter has potential and everyone likes him because hes home grown, but in my opinion he is lightweight and often anonymous. The division is so average that a bit of pace,agility and the ability to cross is all you need, and thats what hes got
Welsh was useless, the best part of his loan deal was the end bit when he had to go back. Why does Kelly go back for him? Why does Kelly want him? What does Kelly see in him? IMO Kelly is a dead man walking and its only a matter of time before he goes west like the rest.
My patience is wearing very thin with him

Why would we want a average left winger?
We really really need a striker!!! Has Welsh every played as a striker?!

This bit has left me stratching my head to be honest.

This is my feeling on the situation, RK and MS come to board with dilemma need a new striker because one's injured, board say we can let go x money, RK and MS say need more, Board say sell a player then, RK and MS say okay and begin to search for multiple players. As the current courting of Andy Welsh, sightings of Paul Gallacher and City scouts at a Derby and Hull ressies friendly.

Welsh was useless, the best part of his loan deal was the end bit when he had to go back. Why does Kelly go back for him? Why does Kelly want him? What does Kelly see in him? IMO Kelly is a dead man walking and its only a matter of time before he goes west like the rest.
My patience is wearing very thin with him

Im not trying to say hes a world beater, just that hes better than what we have got, lets not kid ourselves, you dont need to be better than average to get in our team (Low,Johnson,Kenton,O'Grady etc)
If we are loaning him instead of a striker then dont get me wrong its a pointless move because we are in desperate need of a striker, but i see him getting more service into the front two than porter

I agree, plus you can't rely on a player so young as your ONLY left winger. Welsh is certainly preferable to Tiatto.

Im not trying to say hes a world beater, just that hes better than what we have got, lets not kid ourselves, you dont need to be better than average to get in our team (Low,Johnson,Kenton,O'Grady etc)
If we are loaning him instead of a striker then dont get me wrong its a pointless move because we are in desperate need of a striker, but i see him getting more service into the front two than porter

I see that now, point taken...

See absolutely no rhyme nor reason as to why we should sign Welsh, his loan spell proved he was no better than what we currently have and surely his inclusion will only block the path of a player who has significantly more potential.

Backward move IMO and if it happens, casts further doubt over Kelly's ability.

Didnt stop him siging kenton though and he had about as much impact on his loan spell.

very worrying indeed, is there really that little out there to sign.

I'm sorry did i miss something, was Welsh really that bad?
Moan moan moan, like we can get someone better! It aint gonna happen! SO what if he isn't better than what we have? As far as I can see Porter has proved nothing yet, Tiatto is old and shit, we have nobody else to play there so what's the harm in getting Welsh in?

I'm sorry did i miss something, was Welsh really that bad?
Moan moan moan, like we can get someone better! It aint gonna happen! SO what if he isn't better than what we have? As far as I can see Porter has proved nothing yet, Tiatto is old and shit, we have nobody else to play there so what's the harm in getting Welsh in?

I actually thought he was quite good while he was here. Besides Porter has looked good at home, but im yet to be even slightly impressed away from home.

I agree with both of the above. Yet again we scream for change, and yet again we weep because the change isn't what we desire.

Beggars, choosers and all that shit.

I disagree melton, we bemoaned our options on the left but Porter stepped up and started playing well there. Just as he looks to get a run and maybe show us what he can really do we look to replace him with someone who is proven to be ineffective in that position for us. Ridiculous.

I disagree melton, we bemoaned our options on the left but Porter stepped up and started playing well there. Just as he looks to get a run and maybe show us what he can really do we look to replace him with someone who is proven to be ineffective in that position for us. Ridiculous.
I think ridiculous is a bit harsh but I can see where you are coming from. Porter is doing OK, but I think Welsh could do better and may even slot into midfield.

I am so desperate for change I'd welcome anything

Last edited:
I think ridiculous is a bit harsh but I can see where you are coming from. Porter is doing OK, but I think Welsh could do better and may even slot into midfield.

I am so desperate for change I'd welcome anything

I stand by ridiculous. We did nothing about the left wing when we were screaming out for someone to play there. No replacements bought in pre season, no replacements early season when it was clear the position was an issue. Now we have someone settled there who is growing (not physically:icon_roll ) each game, alongside our best striker being injured amidst a club wide goal drought and we look to bring in a left winger now?? One thats proven to be average at best?? Bloody ridiculous!!

I stand by ridiculous. We did nothing about the left wing when we were screaming out for someone to play there. No replacements bought in pre season, no replacements early season when it was clear the position was an issue. Now we have someone settled there who is growing (not physically:icon_roll ) each game, alongside our best striker being injured amidst a club wide goal drought and we look to bring in a left winger now?? One thats proven to be average at best?? Bloody ridiculous!!

Wouldn't be ridiculous if we had the luxury of bringing in two or three players

But we don't - our priorities lie elsewhere right now - striker first and then central midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69