Another 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

Radio Leicester quoted CL this morning as saying it will be another 12 months before Leicester are a force in the Championship. I thought he said at the start of the season he expected us to be top 6 ish? Might be wrong. I presume teh 12 months is for the players to form the team understanding and perhaps to bring in some more? What does the panel think?

Momo was also on, 'fraid I couldnt understand a word he said!

As long its good committed football, I am not bothered. It does take time for a team to develop at our level. The two main problems he had when he came in were that most of the team were old and in the twilight of their careers and also on short term contracts. Players like that are not going to be committed or bothered if they are not playing.
The average age is now right down and over the past couple of months the potential of the team is starting to show what it is capable of. A good example of this is what Steve Copell at Reading has done and Paul Jewell at Wigan. There is no reason we cannot be up there with them and very very soon, as our youngsters gain valuable experience every game that is played.

The Sheff Utd game showed what City can do. Play like that every week and we are a force every week, but alas, football aint that simple. I believe we are taking steps in the right direction. Yes it does take time, by CL saying another 12 months he's telling us that that one game doesn't make a season but it is coming together. :)

I've repeatedly said that this season will be a mid table finish with a challenge next year.

Chuck T Masala said:
I thought he said at the start of the season he expected us to be top 6 ish? Might be wrong.

You are.

Babylon said:
To be fair, he could hardly come out with " I'm really looking forward to a mid-table finish this year", as it would hardly have sounded like a rallying call.

Real Sharapova said:
To be fair, he could hardly come out with " I'm really looking forward to a mid-table finish this year", as it would hardly have sounded like a rallying call.

He didn't say anything about top 6... just that he wanted some progress.

Last edited:
I saw enough on Wednesday to make me believe we are heading in the right direction,be it slowly.Quite why Joe Hammill stayed on though I didn't really understand.This time next year I expect us to be up there challenging.

highland fox said:
I saw enough on Wednesday to make me believe we are heading in the right direction,be it slowly.Quite why Joe Hammill stayed on though I didn't really understand.This time next year I expect us to be up there challenging.

Quite right, we are going forward, but take into account we too were fielding a weaked side. No Smith, Hammond, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand.

Boy Genius said:
Quite right, we are going forward, but take into account we too were fielding a weaked side. No Smith, Hammond, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand.

Judging by some of the comments on here you'd get the impression Kisnorbo weakens the side.However I get your point BG;)

highland fox said:
Judging by some of the comments on here you'd get the impression Kisnorbo weakens the side.However I get your point BG;)

Its not often PK gives the ball away, albeit a lot of his passes are sideways or back, but then its better to keep possession and build up again. PK will also go into a lot of tackles where others wouldn't. IMHO I dont think he is too bad a player. I have seen so much worse in a city shirt over the years

Boy Genius said:
Its not often PK gives the ball away, albeit a lot of his passes are sideways or back, but then its better to keep possession and build up again. PK will also go into a lot of tackles where others wouldn't. IMHO I dont think he is too bad a player. I have seen so much worse in a city shirt over the years

I've only seen him play for Hearts and while not looking the most naturally gifted footballer he was OK whenever I saw him.Seems 'committed' at least.

Boy Genius said:

I know you're a boy genius but seriously Kisborbo is a liability. In the last two games he's played (Burnley and Sheffield United) he's given the ball away several times, held play up (in the wrong way) and never looks up to see any pass above 5-10 yards. He has improved but not enough to be any more than a squad player at best. In fact he would easily be in the top 10 of shite players we've had in the last 5 years.

1. Lee Marshall
2. Junior Lewis
3. Dennis Wise
4. Jamie Scowcroft
5. Ade Akinbiyi
6. Alan Rogers
7. Patrick Kisnorbo
8. Nathan Blake
9. Chris Makin
10. John Curtis

Last edited:
Can't believe you've got Scowy in the top 10. He was never that bad IMO. Long term i can't see Kisnorbo being a regular for city, i hope anyway!

Was going to post the same sort of thing OX, he is more Lewis than Lennon.

Thought you were a bit harsh on Scowcroft though in your list.

Ox Fox said:
I know you're a boy genius but seriously Kisborbo is a liability. In the last two games he's played (Burnley and Sheffield United) he's given the ball away several times, held play up (in the wrong way) and never looks up to see any pass above 5-10 yards. He has improved but not enough to be any more than a squad player at best. In fact he would easily be in the top 10 of shite players we've had in the last 5 years.

1. Lee Marshall
2. Junior Lewis
3. Dennis Wise
4. Jamie Scowcroft
5. Ade Akinbiyi
6. Alan Rogers
7. Patrick Kisnorbo
8. Nathan Blake
9. Chris Makin
10. John Curtis

a top 10 list without the likes of Jacob Lausen, Simon Royce, Trevor Benjamin, Craig Hignett, Lee Morris? You are having a laugh!!
I think PK is far better than that rabble. I am not saying he is a world beater but I think he is adequate for this level of football.
Why does nobdy get on Elvis Hammonds back? Look at all the chances he has missed, a forward with just 2 goals in around 40 competitive english games......what a ratio eh?

Agreed PK should not be near that list. Neither should Scowy.

Jimmy Willis?? Gary Coatsworth??

DurhamFox said:
Agreed PK should not be near that list. Neither should Scowy.

Jimmy Willis?? Gary Coatsworth??

to be fair he did say the last 5 years on the list, otherwise it would have been a top 100 list.
Worst EVER player ROGER DAVIES......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670