Another Relegation Battle Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just being realistic, that’s all. The further away a team gets from the premiere the harder it is to get back into it. If we stay in division for more than one season the club will have no money the decent players we have left will leave or be sold on. We will not have any quality players.

The idea that somehow city we produce a team of brilliant youngsters is totally unrealistic. Where are they going to come from, MA cant wave a magic wand. I am not saying we wont find a few good young new players but it does not happen very often, in fact it is very rear. Anyway what will happen when the club is earning very little money? as it will in the first division. The good players will be sold on. The club and MA will have to sell so we can survive. That is the real world.

Some of you suggest that it will be better to stay down in the first div for a year or two while MA builds a team. Why? What is he going to build a team with? Where will the money come from? Where will the money come from? Look at the teams that have gone into div one and stayed there. They will not be back up for a long time.

If the club want MA to build a team that can stand its own in the premiere he needs financial support. So he can buy good players that want good future career in football. Not a team of misfits who don’t care a s hit, because that is all he will afford. If we become a true yoyo club, city would earn an average of £9 million a year. That is £9million more than any team in the first division. That is the kind of financial backing a club needs to get into the premiere and stay there.

City is financially better of now than it has been for a long time, or will be again it stays down for more than one season, and for that reason the club actually does have a CHOICE to either invest or risk obscurity. I would rather see the club invest and become a yoyo for a couple of years than risk permanent division one.

PS: Those who claim to be city supporters, yet call others and me for being realistic and wanting the best for our club need to realise that it’s the clubs ability to face adversity head on and win is what makes our club something special. And when I see a possible problem arising I tackle it, (Its called being pro-active) So please lets have some more support for our future. And a little less, no not a little less, lets have a lot less of this poncie roll over and die attitude

step said:
Just being realistic, that’s all. The further away a team gets from the premiere the harder it is to get back into it. If we stay in division for more than one season the club will have no money the decent players we have left will leave or be sold on. We will not have any quality players.

The idea that somehow city we produce a team of brilliant youngsters is totally unrealistic. Where are they going to come from, MA cant wave a magic wand. I am not saying we wont find a few good young new players but it does not happen very often, in fact it is very rear. Anyway what will happen when the club is earning very little money? as it will in the first division. The good players will be sold on. The club and MA will have to sell so we can survive. That is the real world.

Some of you suggest that it will be better to stay down in the first div for a year or two while MA builds a team. Why? What is he going to build a team with? Where will the money come from? Where will the money come from? Look at the teams that have gone into div one and stayed there. They will not be back up for a long time.

If the club want MA to build a team that can stand its own in the premiere he needs financial support. So he can buy good players that want good future career in football. Not a team of misfits who don’t care a s hit, because that is all he will afford. If we become a true yoyo club, city would earn an average of £9 million a year. That is £9million more than any team in the first division. That is the kind of financial backing a club needs to get into the premiere and stay there.

City is financially better of now than it has been for a long time, or will be again it stays down for more than one season, and for that reason the club actually does have a CHOICE to either invest or risk obscurity. I would rather see the club invest and become a yoyo for a couple of years than risk permanent division one.

PS: Those who claim to be city supporters, yet call others and me for being realistic and wanting the best for our club need to realise that it’s the clubs ability to face adversity head on and win is what makes our club something special. And when I see a possible problem arising I tackle it, (Its called being pro-active) So please lets have some more support for our future. And a little less, no not a little less, lets have a lot less of this poncie roll over and die attitude

A good post there mate, at last you've explained your reasons behind your negativity. Some points I agree with, some I don't. I know that it will be hard to piece together a young and vibrant team with not much money, but Adams has realised this is the only way forward. He has tried to bring the misfits in with experience and that hasn't worked. Plan b, let's see what happens. I think it will be tough, but division one aint that difficult if you have a good manager and a nucleus of players. We have that, we have some great youngsters that can't be ignored irrespective of the myth that not all young players make it. They all start off in academies, when we have 7 or 8 representing their country then we need to keep an eye on them as currently they are well ahead of their schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757