Another why MA left thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

The supposed reason for Martin Allen being sacked from Leicester City by Mr Mandaric was because of a rift, or that in the words of MM, he didn't feel MA was the right man to lead Leicester in the direction he wanted them to go.

Well, this isn't true, MM terminated MA's contract because of MA's poor relationship with the players. All of the players felt that MA was treating them like 'schoolboys' on the training ground. Three first teamers at Leicester, including Patrick Kisnorbo, James Wesolowski and Gareth McAuley all handed in transfer requests to the club, because they disliked the treatment MA was giving them. MM terminated MA's contract because he knew that the club couldn't afford to lose key players like the 3 above.

The reason I know this information is because a family member owns a Director's box at the Walkers and got this information firsthand from Mr Mandaric.

I have since found out more about the Mattock thing apparantley he claimed he was unfit to play against Blackpool to the physio and MA, he was told he was playing, however checking back on the stats Mattock was substituted in the 68th minute and never played another game for city until WHEN? yes you guessed it, he was strsight back in the starting line up against Plymouth the very next match AFTER MA had left the club. Strange?

I think there is some truth in this.

Likewise, and a few of us at the start thought that a higher standard of player (yes, even ours) wouldn't take too kindly to this treatment.

Last edited:
Interesting. Possibly conflicts with BF's story about Allen being out with Kisnorbo the night he was sakced though. I guess we;ll just never know...

apparently non of the players were even listing to him, if you saw the watford game he was whislting and no one was paying attention to it, i remeber he did it a few times to MDV, but he didnt bother to listen

Fryatt certainly didn't seem too taken with him according to his icons.com page, but then again he wasn't playing every week so you'd expect that. There's something fishy with the way Allen sung Fryatt's praises about him being in and around the dressing room even when he wasn't playing.

If this is true about Kisnorbo and Wesolowski too, why single them out for praise like he has done at points too. Really strange.

"The reason I know this information is because a family member owns a Director's box at the Walkers and got this information firsthand from Mr Mandaric."

But my granny's wet nurse was cleaning the box whilst this conversation was going on and she reports that Martin Allen was dismissed for not letting Milan into the dressingroom wearing his favourite green tie. MA said he had to put on a blue one. honest!

Last edited:
I am absolutely sure there is some truth in this, how silly would our 'fans' look therefore pleasding for the return of a manager the players despised?

Old Git sat in front of me for the Portsmouth friendly, and the best thing that day the antics & shouting by MA. Had us all astonish and amused.

"Three first teamers at Leicester, including Patrick Kisnorbo, James Wesolowski and Gareth McAuley all handed in transfer requests to the club, because they disliked the treatment MA was giving them."

Whatever the rights and wrongs of MA style of management, it seems to me that we have a situation where the chairman is dictating the team and now the team is dictacting the team. What MM should have said to these playes is that "Martin Allen is the manager and I will support him in his efforts. If his results are good then therfore his methods are good. Remeber that last season you under acheived as players so you are not in a position to dictate what management style the club adopts."

It's a mess and should be sorted. A chairman should chair; a manager should manage; a player should play. Why is that so bloody difficult?

This is a bit 'people believing what they want to believe' isn't it?

If it's true, then why not come out and say "this is why we're letting him go" instead of putting out a shabby public statement including that favourite con-man phrase 'trust me' and whispering in the ear of someone who "owns a Director's box"?

It's a mess and should be sorted. A chairman should chair; a manager should manage; a player should play. Why is that so bloody difficult?
It's not rocket science. If the Manager isn't managing, the Chairman will sort it out.

Why is it difficult for people to grasp this concept, it happens all over the world, every bloody day.

The thing about mattock imo can't be rite. From what i remember he had a shocker against blackpool, and the only reason he started against Plymouth was due to the fact that Clarke was not able to play.

I just generally think tht Mandaric hated MA ever since we lost the first game.

When MDV scored the 4th against watford i saw mandaric in the director's box looking like the most dissapointed person in the ground, if somthing was not right even after tht then it's MM club and he had to get rid of him, even tho i think it's the worst decision city has made for a long time and the timing of it was v.poor.

I know for a fact Weso and Sheean liked MA, and wasn't Kisnorbo supposed to be out drinking with MA on the night of his sacking?

My brother's quite friendly with Wesolowski, so I might be able to find out if there's some truth in this. I'll report back after I've done some sleuthing.

I may be wrong as I am more pro MA at this current time than MM, but I find this story a bit strange.
BF said that Kisnorbo and Henderson was with MA in fat cats the night he was sacked.

Obvisouly MM is going to tell people one thing and MA will tell another, we will probably never get to know the real truth as some players will be in support of MA whilst others wont.

To throw my tuppence worth in my mum works with Matt Pipers dad and he still has a few dealings with the club, said similar to what Drew quoted, but didn't give names

Either this story - or Beaumont's story about Allen being out with Kisnorbo, etc, the night he was sacked - has to be complete bollocks.

Wonder which one it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670