Speculation Anthony Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills & SSL must have read the scoop after last nights performance..

Gerrard wld be an improvement, but who'd buy Mills for anywhere close to Sven's mentalist valuation.

IMO it can only be to try and start balancing the books, as both have looked excellent together since Bamba left, I personally would prefer to see Sol moved on. this has to be about moving some of the bigger earners off the payroll and to get the club back on a more even keel.

The article also says Beckford has been told he can leave, which is crap as he can't play anywhere else. Nothing in the article makes sense.

An idiot but I rate him. Is Bamba off?

Article says nothing about Bamba, just that Mills or SSL will be sold sold, and that Beckford has been told he can leave.

I don't believe a word of it.

The article also says Beckford has been told he can leave, which is crap as he can't play anywhere else. Nothing in the article makes sense.

Yeah I don't believe it either.

The article was obviously written over a week ago, before we became amazing ;)

I can understand Pearson wanting Gerard as he was his player of the season last term, but I just can't see us wanting to part with him.
It would leave us painfully short of cover in the centre of defence. Non starter unless we get someone in.

I can understand Pearson wanting Gerard as he was his player of the season last term, but I just can't see us wanting to part with him.
It would leave us painfully short of cover in the centre of defence. Non starter unless we get someone in.

Don't you know that the bigger clubs always get their own way in the end Rhydal?

I should think Bamba is on far less money then any of Mills, SSL and Beckford, as he came cheap from a cheap club, so if it is about balancing the books the other three probably offer the better option.

That is not to say though that, IF, Pearson can build bridges with SSL, AND, SSL and Mills are now amazing together, he can always use Bamba as cover for those two whilst he is playing Bamba alongside Danns as a powerful centre-midfield pairing.

This of course assumes that Bamba makes it safely back from Africa uninjured and unharmed by hostage-takers, terrorists and whoever slse threatened him and his family the last time he went there!

Last edited:
I should think Bamba is on far less money then any of Mills, SSL and Beckford, as he came cheap from a cheap club, so if it is about balancing the books the other three probably offer the better option.

That is not to say though that, IF, Pearson can build bridges with SSL, AND, SSL and Mills are now amazing together, he can always use Bamba as cover for those two whilst he is playing Bamba alongside Danns as a powerful centre-midfield pairing.

This of course assumes that Bamba makes it safely back from Africa uninjured and unharmed by hostage-takers, terrorists and whoever slse threatened him and his family the last time he went there!

Why does Bamba need to be in the first team?

I have no idea. I don't know him. Either way, it's no excuse to play him out of position.

Several posters have informed us that at previous clubs he was a midfielder.

Indeed, not sure but i think it may be his preferred position. Judging by some of his forays forward from defence no reason why he could not do a very effective role there either starting or from the bench (where he could cover for defence or midfield). A useful and quality player to keep on the books i would say.

Bamba signed a new contract on improved terms for that exact reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570