Confirmed Transfer Anthony Knockaert to Standard Liege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
As expected.

http://www.standard.be/toutes-les-n...aert-chez-les-rouches.htm?lng=fr#.VXH-ezY4nTa

L'ailier français a signé un contrat de 4 saisons (juin 2019) avec notre club.

Né le 20 novembre 1991 (23 ans) Ã* Roubaix, Anthony a commencé sa carrière professionnelle Ã* Guingamp en 2010 (70 matches/18 goals) avant de rejoindre Leicester City en août 2012 (106 matches/16 goals), club avec lequel il a remporté en 2014 le titre de champion de Championship (D2 anglaise), accédant ainsi Ã* la Premier League.

En fin de contrat avec le club anglais, le milieu offensif polyvalent a donc décidé de relever un nouveau défi et de faire confiance au Standard de Liège pour la suite de sa carrière professionnelle.

Le Standard de Liège souhaite la bienvenue Ã* Anthony KNOCKAERT ainsi que la réussite sous nos couleurs.

As expected. A shame as he could've done the bizzo in the PL IMO. He always was second rate to Mahrez after he came in though.

Some good memories from the French wizard

Like this;

Last edited by a moderator:
Or this;

Or this;

I meant this (really, I swear on Maw's moobs);

I have not seen the Deeny goal to this day.

I have not seen the Deeny goal to this day.
I have. It sort of got diminished a year later and in a weird way almost feels good to watch now considering what happened the two next seasons. Like turning a 0-3 deficit to 4-3. Or doing a great escape.

Last edited:
With the greatest of respects, producing the goods on a wet Tuesday night in Huddersfield or Derby does not signify the ability to 'do the bizzo' the the EPL.

He played against Villa, and played well. The AK lovers came out of the woodwork and said he should have been playing all along.
This was when Mahrez was on international duty.
I remarked, he has the chance now to make his mark. alas, he didn't.
However, I don't know the full extent of his fathers health problems, when they started and how they effected the young man, that Tony is.

I wish him well in his future career and thank him for some good memories.

Unfortunately for him, he never fitted into the role demanded of him when we were playing not to lose. Maybe things would have been different in the attacking sides we fielded at the end of the season? The lad had talent, hope he has an enjoyable career.

Andy Gray

Was it him? I actually think it's the phrase I'm most sick of in football. "He can play in the Champions League, he's done it at the World Cup, but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in (randomly selected northern town)?" ****s me right off.

Was it him? I actually think it's the phrase I'm most sick of in football. "He can play in the Champions League, he's done it at the World Cup, but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in (randomly selected northern town)?" ****s me right off.
But for Knocky it's the opposite. He COULD do it on a wet Tuesday night in a randomly selected northern town, but will he be able to do it in the Champions League, eh.... Belgian League?

Stoke isn't the North... it's Grim but it's not North. Aye it was him. It's an odd one as you're only ever going to lose 3 points a season by not hacking it in Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566