Anti French thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durham Fox said:
Type - 'french military victories' in to google and hit I'm feeling lucky...

:icon_lol:

Absolutely superb find.:038: :icon_lol: :081:

Anyway I am with MK on this............... I don't like the French either, garlic smelling tossers

As requested by MK, my rant about Air France.

First their prices - cost me almost double what going to Beijing costs. There are only 2 slots for European flights at Sint Maarten, so they are booked up way in advance & can charge what they like. Apparently it doesn't merit any "abuse of monopoly" investigation as the other slot is held by KLM. Which of course is now part of Air France. :mad:

And they must be the only airline that adds a surcharge for booking on-line and having an e-ticket! (not obvious till you get the invoice - it's hidden somewhere like page 738 of the terms and conditions). And we found out later that booking the flights to Paris and the long haul leg sepeately would have been cheaper. :confused:

The ticket comes with a message saying due to security etc at Heathrow you should check in at least 3 hours before departure. Knowing Heathrow quite well, we reckoned we could happily cut that by half an hour for an early morning flight on a Sunday. Good job we did - there was a notice at the check-in saying it would open at 5 am - 1hr 40 mins before take off. :tumbleweed: Finally opened at ten past. Some poor sods had been there since half past 3. And of course the flight was delayed waiting for the end of the queue to arrive. :(

Then Charles de Gaulle airport. Well named, for those who remember him. We were told that , to change terminals we could get a bus (20 mins) or walk (10 mins). We were disgorged along with a couple of other flights onto a corridor abot 10 ft wide, completely blocked by people queuing to get into the next set of gates. Eventually spotted a sign to our terminal and hacked out way through the gallic masses, down 2 flights of stairs, to a door marked with our terminal. Started to go out, but were stopped "wait ere for ze burs". "We want to walk". "Nert Ere". "Where then " "Erp zere" (vague wave of hand) "where are the signs?" "Zere are nern. Now you are ere eet is less time to take ze burs". 30 minutes drive round the airport finds us at the terminal. Only one lift, no stairs, 5 minute wait for it. Passport check. Round a corner. Passport & boarding card check. Into security. Once through that, passport check. Round a corner, passport and boarding card check, at a door leading to.... another bus. Another drive round the airport to somewhere on the perimeter, with 15 minutes of our 2 hours changing time left. Passport and bording card check. run to gate. Passport and boarding card check. 10 minute walk across the apron to the plane.

Plane again delayed waiting for those less adept at obstacle courses.:frown:

Get on board. Settle in. Notice strange howling noise. Somebody has been let on with a ferkin dog! It even got its meal before everyone else. 8 hours with a whimpering mutt 4 rows in front. Food crap. Booze rationed to one each.:eek:

On arrival, announced that on return, check-in opens 4 hours 20 mins before departure "for our convenience". Got there about 2 hours before to find out why - a queue half way across the car park, only one check-in desk open. A couple more eventually open. Fight breaks out between French & Italians. Once again end up at the gate with 15 minutes to spare. Plane then delayed one and a half hours waiting for passengers who had cheched in early and pissed off to the beach. Most eventually turn up, but last 2 are abandoned, but delay while they get their bags off. 40 minutes late into Paris, no chance of making connection. Just make the next flight an hour later. :mad: :mad:

And that's just the main points. I feel better for sharing that with the group. Thank you.

Was the bloke who stopped you Peter Sellers?

Have they taken over this site? It's crawling like a snail with gout today..

Sorry, escargot avec gout

i must say i found the people of normandy very friendly and very pro british :102: union jacks flying in the streets

i must say i found the people of normandy very friendly and very pro british :102: union jacks flying in the streets
outside 'Eastenders' discount booze and fags warehouse in dieppe maybe....or on d-day anniversaries...

no in the town of bayeux actually......you wanna try it before you knock it
Home of the tapestry which depicts the French giving us a slapping a thousand years ago (it had to happen once I suppose...).
They were taking the piss with the flags, a froggy two fingered salute, makes me hate them even more....bastards...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00