Anti-Roeder & anti-Megson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

I'm aware that there is an anti-Warnock thread, but to my mind the two gentlemen above are far inferior managers who failed miserably in their last jobs. Roeder had a team full of quality players at West Ham (incl lampard, Ferdinand etc) and got them relegated!!! Megson was a failure who managed to annoy every single player in the dressing room - if MA rubbed up a few the wrong way, just wait and see Megson do an even finer job of it whilst failing to achieve promotion at the same time.
Seriously the best men for the job I've seen mentioned so far are either the Chelsea guy... or Warnock. The latter achieved promotion. He knows how its done, and I think he was unlucky that the blades got relegated. As someone has said, David Speedie was very soon forgiven when he got here. The same would be true for Warnock. Granted, if he got off to a bad start the pressure would be enormous.
The Chelsea guy I worry about more as a manager than Warnock but given Milan's leaks to the press at the weekend it looks a distinct possibility. That guy has 2 transitions to make which worry me 1) to learn about being a manager instead of an assistant/reserve coach 2) to learn about the grit and grime of the Championship. He's lived and worked in a different world, I'm not sure he could do it here. (However he could get some damned good players on a season long loan without much difficulty one would imagine...)

Last edited:
I'm aware that there is an anti-Warnock thread, but to my mind the two gentlemen above are far inferior managers who failed miserably in their last jobs. Roeder had a team full of quality players at West Ham (incl lampard, Ferdinand etc) and got them relegated!!! Megson was a failure who managed to annoy every single player in the dressing room - if MA rubbed up a few the wrong way, just wait and see Megson do an even finer job of it whilst failing to achieve promotion at the same time.
Seriously the best men for the job I've seen mentioned so far are either the Chelsea guy... or Warnock. The latter achieved promotion. He knows how its done, and I think he was unlucky that the blades got relegated. As someone has said, David Speedie was very soon forgiven when he got here. The same would be true for Warnock. Granted, if he got off to a bad start the pressure would be enormous.
The Chelsea guy I worry about more as a manager than Warnock but given Milan's leaks to the press at the weekend it looks a distinct possibility. That guy has 2 transitions to make which worry me 1) to learn about being a manager instead of an assistant/reserve coach 2) to learn about the grit and grime of the Championship. He's lived and worked in a different world, I'm not sure he could do it here. (However he could get some damned good players on a season long loan without much difficulty I'd imagine.)

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he was a coach at Reading and after their promotion season in the Championship, Chelsea nicked him off of them. If this is true, he'll know all about the slog that is the Fizzy.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he was a coach at Reading and after their promotion season in the Championship, Chelsea nicked him off of them. If this is true, he'll know all about the slog that is the Fizzy.

In that case, I'm all for either him or Warnock, just so long as it isn't Roeder or Megson.
BTW, why did he leave Reading?

Chelsea 'headhunted' him, it's all in the Irish Mirror article.

They offered him a job presumably. Wouldn't you jump at the chance to work with the English champions? :102:

Indierich and M17,
yes. I've just checked it out, you're both right. Mourinho rates him very highly btw. This alone wouldn't convince me - though its a welcome reference - its having managed in the Championship that is a fundamental. If MM thought MA was out of his league, then neither this man nor Warnock are.

Last edited:
If it was the leprechaun bloke that was appointed, it would be along with a DoF, presumably someone with experience at this level to guide him. But saying that its MM's decision so anything is possible!!

Exactly - who would've thought at the end of last season that we'd have Martin Allen in charge?

Roeder left Gillingham last but one in the football league, Watfored in a position where Taylor couldnt' keep them up after Roeder was sacked and West Ham in a position where Brooking couldn't keep them up after his heart attack and Newcastle a significantly worse team than when he joined.

How he keeps getting jobs is utterly beyond me. His record makes Rob Kelly's look good.

But we haven't.:102:;)

Smart arse! ;)

I predict that Mandaric will go completely insane, appoint Barber or the Birch as manager and then try and get Tiger Tim Henman and Pele in on a free.

I am against an anti anyone thread. It is negative, it has no effect and offers embarrassment when that person is appointed.
Even those who disliked MA must agree with his oft repeated mantra, Born a Leicester fan, die a Leicester fan. We have had some dross managing this club. I hope that we don't get more but, if we do, I, like most, will grumble but accept it.

Roeder left Gillingham last but one in the football league, Watfored in a position where Taylor couldnt' keep them up after Roeder was sacked and West Ham in a position where Brooking couldn't keep them up after his heart attack and Newcastle a significantly worse team than when he joined.

How he keeps getting jobs is utterly beyond me. His record makes Rob Kelly's look good.

Spot on mate, the man is one of the worst Managers out there. I rank him alongside Bryan Robson and Graham Souness in the crap manager stakes.

Please Mandaric NOT ROEDER!

I agree that anti-whoever threads aren't helpful, but I'd be gutted if we ended up with Warnock. Yep, he got Shefield United promoted, but it took him seven seasons - and in the first three he didn't finish higher than 10th. Mandaric would love that! And United weren't unlucky to go down last season - they were sh*t after Christmas, that's why they went down. Pissing and moaning about Carlos Tevez was a cop-out.

I'd hate it if we ended up with any of those has-beens who are on the managerial merry-go-round. The likes of Megson, Reid, Roeder and other assorted ars*holes cock things up at one club and then walk straight into another job. I hate it.

But after the circus we've become in the last few months, and Mandaric's reputation as a hire 'em then fire 'em Chairman (eight managers in eight years at Portsmouth) I honestly think the only managers who'll be interested are either a) untried at this level, or b) desperate.

What do you think?

Even those who disliked MA must agree with his oft repeated mantra, Born a Leicester fan, die a Leicester fan.

Didn't he admit to getting that quote from the guy who won the raffle and got to play in the preseason against Notts County?

DEFINATELY ANTI ROEDER ANTI MEGSON AND ANTI WARNOCK!!!!!!!!##

I dont see how appointing a manager that has been sacked from 3 clubs like Megson or 2 clubs like Roeder can prove to be an improvement on the direction we seemed to be heading in with MA2.
As for Warnock I would sooner chop off my dick than support a team ran by this arrogant opinionated fat waller a man that has had little success as a football manager always looking to blame others for the poor performances that his side displayed.For instance trying to get us points deducted for going into administration and then all the hype with Tevez trying to get the hammers relegated after his team were.
What i would like to see is a top name manager like O Leary coming here and being the DOF and maybe take a chance on Brendan Rodgers who is rated highly by most of the premiership heirachy i believe if we did that a lot more players would want to be involved with the club and O Leary is a fantastic tactition that could pass on his football knowledge to Rodgers should he need new ideas.

Brendan Rogers could prove the best candidate for many reasons stated in the last few posts. There isn't the widespread hatred that Warnock seems to suffer and Rogers is desperate to be a manager again apparently instead of in the shadows at Chelsea. So, with the good references and reputation this could be the man. LCFC did appoint someone else who a good reputation a little while back... a certain Craig Levein. However, Rogers has had championship experience (unlike Levein) at Reading so hopefully that will help him do a much better job than Levein - if he gets it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670