Anyone going...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise it started at 6.30pm thats even more farcical.It seems these meetings are organised by people who have no families and very understanding employers.

highland fox said:
Didn't realise it started at 6.30pm thats even more farcical.It seems these meetings are organised by people who have no families and very understanding employers.

No, HF, they are organised by people who know exactly what they are doing

Announce an open meeting, on the internet, where any Leicester fan can come and question Tim Davies
Organise it when the season has finished, so everyone has psychologicaly switched off
Don't diarise specific agenda items - leave it as a completely open meeting (knowing people are not organised enough to sit down and think of the searching questions that real consultation would bring)
Organise it at 6.30, when nine tenths of the people cannot make it
Sit back and relax when no one turns up, safe in the knowledge that you can now, justifiably, claim that you offer full consultation with fans
Even when challenged (such as on the Foxes Festival losses to the club) only give half of the story, and cover it in spin

Sit back and laugh openly when the supposed fans representatives slag off everyone for not going (instead of having the intelligence to see through it all), and your control over the fans is absolute

Isn't it just that people can't be bothered. And there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Ofcourse people can't be bothered.

I love my football club, but to be honest there are more important and enjoyable things than going to the open meeting. No way should we be made to feel guilty for not going.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Isn't it just that people can't be bothered. And there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Ofcourse people can't be bothered.

I love my football club, but to be honest there are more important and enjoyable things than going to the open meeting. No way should we be made to feel guilty for not going.

thats true but then the trust will say dont moan about things if you arent prepared to voice your concerns when given the opportunity

who idea was it to have the meeting at that time?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Completely and utterly agree

Of course they can't, and they never ever will be bothered. That's why you need an effective representative group (or groups) to stand up for the issues that count.

My great namesake once ran for Sanitation Commissioner in an episode of the Simpsons. He won with an absolute landslide.

The reason ? His slogan was "Can't someone else do it ?"
That's what football fans are like, and shall be for ever more

There's nothing you can do to change it, and they shouldn't be chastised for being that way. Accept it and find a different way or working

Unless the club is about to go bust, you will never get more than 30/40 people turning up for one of these events. I know it, you know it, and the club certainly knows it

Sadly, the Trust (or this poster) doesn't appear to recognise when they are being taken for a ride - and continue to play along with this ridiculous game

Let's face it, suits and football do not mix.

homer said:
Sadly, the Trust (or this poster) doesn't appear to recognise when they are being taken for a ride - and continue to play along with this ridiculous game

The Trust are part owners of the Club and are therefore as culpable as anyone at the Club.

:roll:

Foxes_Trust, I feel you have really let yourself down with your comments over the last few pages and I am loathe to renew my FT membership due to your sarcastic comments and holier-than-thou attitude.

Foxes_Trust said:
Ask Teeno who asked the challenging questions last night
It's not a bloody competition, I would hope you asked the most challenging questions as I would have expected yourselves to discuss points you would like to raise before the meeting.

Foxes_Trust said:
its just that we are not afraid of criticising our own fans
You are meant to be our representation, not criticise us.

Foxes_Trust said:
Wish you had asked that over the mic
Although BF had previously stated
beaumontfox said:
whilst i'm ok on here i'm not very good at public speaking

A few suggestions for any future meetings:

- Before the next meeting, why not start a thread for people to submit questions, which the Foxes Trust could ask on our behalf. As pointed out many people cannot attend due to varying reasons, I myself am not prepared to travel 200 miles to attend the meeting but may have questions.
- At the next meeting actively discuss with fans any questions they may have, as BF commented some people
do not feel comfortable speaking in public

LS6_Fox said:
Foxes_Trust, I feel you have really let yourself down with your comments over the last few pages and I am loathe to renew my FT membership due to your sarcastic comments and holier-than-thou attitude.

Foxes_Trust said:
It's not a bloody competition, I would hope you asked the most challenging questions as I would have expected yourselves to discuss points you would like to raise before the meeting.

Foxes_Trust said:

Foxes_Trust said:
beaumontfox said:

- Before the next meeting, why not start a thread for people to submit questions, which the Foxes Trust could ask on our behalf. As pointed out many people cannot attend due to varying reasons, I myself am not prepared to travel 200 miles to attend the meeting but may have questions.
- At the next meeting actively discuss with fans any questions they may have, as BF commented some people

Firstly and most importantly we are quite happy to start a thread prior to any Fans Forum & have done so previously. We gladly accept points to raise via e-mail [email protected] as well, with an open meeting we wanted to encourage attendance so didn't do so.

Earlier this season on this m/board as Homer had done so & we didn't feel it would be right to raise points he had collected via the invite, unless asked via other sources.

To answer some of your other responses you have made. The claim was made that we didn't challenge the club on earlier posts, we did over a number of issues during the meeting, so I thought asking Teeno (or BF) could give you their own views on this as an independent viewpoint. We did go with a list of prepared topics & covered them all.

We do feel it at times it can be appropriate to criticise fans, this is fairly rare but while understanding time commitments for many other activity, we are sure more could have made the effort. The Trust board all have full time work constraints & 4 of us managed to attend. Criticism of fans chanting racist stuff would be a recent example that was justified.

Agree with all the negative comments on the timing of the meeting & the logic that Homer stated behind it, we are well aware of it - but we have to attend & take up any opportunity of consultation. That has been made clear to us by our membership following a survey question which asked about withdrawing from the Forum & the members clearly said no

Could open meetings not be made into a live web cast and questions submitted by phone/email as points are raised/answered, then people from further afield such as myself could take part? It would at least demonstrate to the board that not all LCFC fans as apathetic as they might like to think.

I genuinely feel for the Trust when things like this happen, I just think it's a combination of factors such as the years of Mace spin, La Manga (still no report published), the shirt fiasco, the 2 seasons we've just had and the lack of impact that the Fan's Forum has made have all contributed to a general feeling of "they'll just do what they want to do".

The only way I can see this turning round is to initially incentivise people to attend the meetings by offering give aways (the chance to win a free pair of season tickets for example would surely have dragged a lot of people away from Celebrity basket weaving or what ever was on TV). OK it's little more than bribery but hopefully it will at least let people see first hand that they can influence the Board on key issues and things will snowball. I just hope that the board can see the huge benefits from having the fans 'on their side', if not I worry that people like Paul Mace will be Chief Exec sooner rather than later and if that happens we really are in trouble.

Foxes_Trust said:
LS6_Fox said:

Foxes_Trust said:

Foxes_Trust said:

Foxes_Trust said:
beaumontfox said:

Firstly and most importantly we are quite happy to start a thread prior to any Fans Forum & have done so previously. We gladly accept points to raise via e-mail [email protected] as well, with an open meeting we wanted to encourage attendance so didn't do so.

Earlier this season on this m/board as Homer had done so & we didn't feel it would be right to raise points he had collected via the invite, unless asked via other sources.

To answer some of your other responses you have made. The claim was made that we didn't challenge the club on earlier posts, we did over a number of issues during the meeting, so I thought asking Teeno (or BF) could give you their own views on this as an independent viewpoint. We did go with a list of prepared topics & covered them all.

We do feel it at times it can be appropriate to criticise fans, this is fairly rare but while understanding time commitments for many other activity, we are sure more could have made the effort. The Trust board all have full time work constraints & 4 of us managed to attend. Criticism of fans chanting racist stuff would be a recent example that was justified.

Agree with all the negative comments on the timing of the meeting & the logic that Homer stated behind it, we are well aware of it - but we have to attend & take up any opportunity of consultation. That has been made clear to us by our membership following a survey question which asked about withdrawing from the Forum & the members clearly said no

So if they told you to shit on the floor, you'd do that would you ?

There are times when the lead has to come from the FT itself rather than the membership, who may not (and this case do not) understand what the problem is

The Fans Forum cannot work, and will not work without major surgery - and that will not happen because it currently serves the club perfectly

Open consultation meetings cannot work and will not work, because people just can't be arsed - they want the FT to do it all for them (and then whinge about it afterwards).

It might be annoying, but that is the way of things

And slagging them off on websites will not help the cause one iota

FT don't get me wrong, I do think some of the work you all do is commendable and do try to improve our club, but I feel the way you have handled this particular situation has been immature.

How about prior to the next meeting, you give me or indeed another forum member advance warning and I will formulate a list of questions from myself and other posters which we would like to putting to club, you could then deliver these questions on behalf of us.

A lot of people complain about the way things are done at the club but can never be arsed to do anything about it.

It frustrates me that people can moan about things over their pc but never actually do anything about it or put things to the club. I didn't have anything inparticular to say to TD and I'm not a public speaker meself either so I went to hear what he had to say.

The trust do a good job and I understand their frustratment, they set these things up so fans can have a chance to chat to the club and nobody bothers.

No offence Teeno but not everyone has the time to turn up doesn't mean they don't care or their views are less valid.A lot of people who 'moan' over their PCs live hundreds and in some cases thousands of miles away.Having meetings at 6.30pm hardly encourages those with families and jobs to attend does it?

Teeno said:
It frustrates me that people can moan about things over their pc but never actually do anything about it or put things to the club. I didn't have anything inparticular to say to TD and I'm not a public speaker meself either so I went to hear what he had to say.

Normally I admire your point of view, however in this case your optimism has got in front of the reality. :? :? I am not sure that there are mechanisms in place for the average fan to have any real input into the Club. Even if we accept that there are mechanisms (and I do not) the Club has shown little or no receptiveness to fan input. :-( :-( :-(

I think people's ultimate motives might be beyond question but the way this is expressed is suboptimal.

All we have at the moment is a little trihedron where each side can point fingers at the other. :roll: :roll: :-( :-( :? :? :?

LS6_Fox said:
How about prior to the next meeting, you give me or indeed another forum member advance warning and I will formulate a list of questions from myself and other posters which we would like to putting to club, you could then deliver these questions on behalf of us.

We would be very happy to inform you in advance & for you to compile a list for us take to the meeting. This would help the Trust as well as members of our board can be viewed by the club as the ones with all the criticisms, an independantly complied list would aid our arguement of that the views we express are widely held by the fans.

Although we try, we can't always visit each message board each day, we try to cover the main 4, so help like this would be much appreciated. We obviously try to monitor closely near these meetings however we could also have other demands on our time which wouldn't be apparent.

Please e-mail = [email protected] LS6 & I'll note your e-mail address for future prior warning, we will try & see if we can get one regular poster of each board to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669