Anyone know where i can get free legal help online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The least you could do is write to the superior of these two managers (area manager?) and explain what has happened to them. At least then you may land one of them in the shit for giving out incorrect info and trying to hide it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but: I think I have paid too much tax and would like to get some of it back.

I left my job in the UK three months ago and asked for my P45 to be sent to my address in Sweden. It didn't arrive. Apparently they can't send me another copy.

So, I think I need my P45 for applying for tax refund? Is there any way around this? I called HMRC but they were useless and couldn't answer (I don't think she understood my Sven accent to be honest).

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but: I think I have paid too much tax and would like to get some of it back.

I left my job in the UK three months ago and asked for my P45 to be sent to my address in Sweden. It didn't arrive. Apparently they can't send me another copy.

So, I think I need my P45 for applying for tax refund? Is there any way around this? I called HMRC but they were useless and couldn't answer (I don't think she understood my Sven accent to be honest).
Providing you have your last payslip, that should have all the details you need ( although you will also need your former employers PAYE reference which may or may not be on the payslip. If it's not on the payslip ask your former employers for it, or it will be on your last P60 if you were working for them prior to 6th April 2011 ). In all honesty it will probably be best to hold off until after 5th April 2012 so HMRC can be sure that you have not undertaken any further work in the current tax year. Even then, as you do not have a P45 you might have to hold off a little longer to wait for your employer to file their PAYE returns for the year to 5th April 2012 so HMRC can be sure the figures per your payslip are correct. Then telephone the number shown via the following webpage - www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/stop-work-refund.htm

Last edited:
Providing you have your last payslip, that should have all the details you need ( although you will also need your former employers PAYE reference which may or may not be on the payslip. If it's not on the payslip ask your former employers for it, or it will be on your last P60 if you were working for them prior to 6th April 2011 ). In all honesty it will probably be best to hold off until after 5th April 2012 so HMRC can be sure that you have not undertaken any further work in the current tax year. Even then, as you do not have a P45 you might have to hold off a little longer to wait for your employer to file their PAYE returns for the year to 5th April 2012 so HMRC can be sure the figures per your payslip are correct. Then telephone the number shown via the following webpage - www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/stop-work-refund.htm
Cheers RS, I'll do that. My final payslip was lost in the post together with my P45, but my employer said they could send me another copy of that.

Cheers RS, I'll do that. My final payslip was lost in the post together with my P45, but my employer said they could send me another copy of that.

Good advice from RS. HMRC should have a copy of your P45 from your employer (probably filed electronically nowadays) but that wont necessarily stop them from asking you to provide it again!

Finally had my appeal today and have been reinstated but does anyone know if I can take it any further and take action against them for wrongfully dismissing me?

Finally had my appeal today and have been reinstated but does anyone know if I can take it any further and take action against them for wrongfully dismissing me?

Have they paid you in the meantime? If yes, and there's no mention of it on your staff record, then I can't see what there is to compensate you for, other than the inconvenience.

they haven't wrongfully dismissed you, you are in employment

Yey! Up yours impersonal corporations and fat cat bosses everywhere!

revolution.jpg

previous poster is correct, speak to citizens advice. There are also no win no fee job solicitors out there who will take an unfair dismissal claim should your case be strong enough.

http://www.sharpessolicitors.co.uk/unfair_dismissal.html

first google link for "no win no fee unfair dismissal"

Last edited by a moderator:
previous poster is correct, speak to citizens advice. There are also no win no fee job solicitors out there who will take an unfair dismissal claim should your case be strong enough.

http://www.sharpessolicitors.co.uk/unfair_dismissal.html

first google link for "no win no fee unfair dismissal"

It might be the first result on Google, but I wouldn't trust any solicitors that didn't have their address on their website.

Ah, just tried to edit post and couldn't.

Yeah, never trust a company with no landline number or etc, just threw that up as it was the first link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69