Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

gave it a listen last night

underwhelmed 5/10

nice lyrics, but no hooks

will give it another listen at work today and post more on it

When was it out?

23/04/07

second listen....no, it's got good bits in it, growing on me, was just upset it didn't have anything as catchy as "i bet you look good on the dancefloor"

7/10 aren't i fickle

music journalism is bullshit, its all bought opinions trying to create a mass interest in a particular band or style of music, that doesnt deserve it in the first place, in order to chastise and sneer and spit at it at a later point. well, the NME is anyway...mojo is good.

i do have to agree with you '...dancefloor' is a banging tune. but so was 'take me out' by franz ferdinand, and what happened to them? same with the gossip at the minute. i havent heard their album but i doubt any of their other songs are as good as 'standing in the way of control', but i may be wrong...

Arctic Monkeys will not create anything as good as '...dancefloor' for at least 2 albums, if at all.

music journalism is bullshit, its all bought opinions trying to create a mass interest in a particular band or style of music, that doesnt deserve it in the first place, in order to chastise and sneer and spit at it at a later point. well, the NME is anyway...mojo is good.

i do have to agree with you '...dancefloor' is a banging tune. but so was 'take me out' by franz ferdinand, and what happened to them? same with the gossip at the minute. i havent heard their album but i doubt any of their other songs are as good as 'standing in the way of control', but i may be wrong...

Arctic Monkeys will not create anything as good as '...dancefloor' for at least 2 albums, if at all.

Apart from the fact that Dancefloor wasn't anywhere near the best song on the 1st album.

is it on torrents yet?

Pretty good, diverse, showing some progression and a much better 'musician' effort.

There is no stand-out track which you could say is a sure-fire hit. Fluorescent Adolescent and This House Is A Circus are the best songs.

You like them then alex?

the cd to me is like a 7.5/10 -- i think they could have done much better... only 2 or 3 songs' lyrics were good.. the rest didn't make sense...

I love this album now.

After the first listen it didn't get me interested, but I have listened to it a few times today.

Brilliant.

I love this album now.

After the first listen it didn't get me interested, but I have listened to it a few times today.

Brilliant.

Yeah definitely a 'grower', still think that Fluorescent Adolescent is the best song although really like 505 now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669