Are Soldiers worth more or less than traffic wardens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:038:

Personally think we should cut the defense budget drastically, bring the soldiers back from these foreign countries and then pay them a reasonable wage for 45 years of cleaning the streets in England or policing them if they think that's any better.

Is this your own honest opinion, or one you have come to with the aid of the fantastic media we don't have.

How ****ing demeaning, with all the scum living lives of relative luxury, claiming thousands and doing very little, or nothing, to earn it, you want to bring our troops back and sweep the ****ing streets.
Analogy or not, how apt a word in this case, because you are truly talking anal!

I think they deserve all they get. I can't really say other wise because all the money in the world wouldnt make me brave enough to face the combat situations they may find themselves in. I'M also not sure that money is a motivator for people decideding wheather to sign up or not

Money seems to be an issue, apparently they are lloking in to the legalities of signing up Poles for the British army as they are so short. They already have to go to the commonwealth. I wonder if they strap them to the tanks like the naggers?

Money seems to be an issue, apparently they are lloking in to the legalities of signing up Poles for the British army as they are so short. They already have to go to the commonwealth. I wonder if they strap them to the tanks like the naggers?

Pte Johnson Beharry VC PWRR from Grenada. First Victoria Cross since the Falklands. There are loads of Fijians in the services too.

Money is as important to a serviceman as it is to the rest of us. Recruitment could be better, but its not as bad as it has been. Its the retention of experienced people that is hurting the most, After 3-4 combat tours many feel they have faced and done enough. If other NATO countries did as much of the fighting as we have our tours would be much less frequent.

I'm not saying that money isn't important it obviously is, i just meant that it is i would imagine not the main motivation for signing up.

I will say that they deffinatly deserve a good wage. Do they get any more money when their in action?

I'm not saying that money isn't important it obviously is, i just meant that it is i would imagine not the main motivation for signing up.

I will say that they deffinatly deserve a good wage. Do they get any more money when their in action?

they get a tax free bonus of £2320 on operational tours. I know that many spend a good deal of this on buying their own desert boots, bergans and other kits which is either in short supply or inadequate for the region they are operating in.

Not the point I was making Bob, I was responding to FIF's claims that its a doddle being a Squaddie, I was not saying that people go in to it ignorant of the consequences (although I am sure some do).

Not the point I was making Bob, I was responding to FIF's claims that its a doddle being a Squaddie, I was not saying that people go in to it ignorant of the consequences (although I am sure some do).

You seem to have misunderstood. I didn't say it was a doddle. I may have inferred that it is waste of time and money and energy and that that time, money and energy could be put to better use elsewhere.

I thought your comment about not saying it directly to a soldier was inane, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't you don't know me so would find it hard to judge it was also irrelevant. As a matter of interest would you go up to a group of drunken football hooligans and tell them what they were doing was wrong and that they should stop?

Soldiers may get shot at, well diddums that's a surprise. Still there were an awful lot of well paid soldiers who never saw a shot in anger for about 50 years after the war.

If you're stupid enough to sign up as a soldier, you're stupid enough to get shot at.

FYI I have told many serving soldiers how I feel about their profession and this includes many special forces who have served in the Baltic states as well as Iraq and Afghanistan and I have done this in a professional capacity not from behind a fence.

Is this your own honest opinion, or one you have come to with the aid of the fantastic media we don't have.

How ****ing demeaning, with all the scum living lives of relative luxury, claiming thousands and doing very little, or nothing, to earn it, you want to bring our troops back and sweep the ****ing streets.
Analogy or not, how apt a word in this case, because you are truly talking anal!

Not very good to have an opinion that differs from the majority is it? I'd suggest that you are the one following the media line and the one who has been brainwashed. Still your views on the unemployed help me to discount your personal attack and views. :icon_wink

You seem to have misunderstood. I didn't say it was a doddle. I may have inferred that it is waste of time and money and energy and that that time, money and energy could be put to better use elsewhere.

some going to war to keep you safe in your house and let you live your life is a waste of time :102:

I thought your comment about not saying it directly to a soldier was inane, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't you don't know me so would find it hard to judge it was also irrelevant. As a matter of interest would you go up to a group of drunken football hooligans and tell them what they were doing was wrong and that they should stop?

give me a light machine gun and they would see it my way no problems ,shoot the bigest hardest one the rest would fall .

Soldiers may get shot at, well diddums that's a surprise. Still there were an awful lot of well paid soldiers who never saw a shot in anger for about 50 years after the war.

No but they are there ready if there is a war ,dont forget that not long ago we where portoling the streets of belfast ,to try and keep the peace and keep you safe .

If you're stupid enough to sign up as a soldier, you're stupid enough to get shot at.

And you would one of the first to moan if some force took of the country and they shot your family in front of you ,wouldnt you due to no one being stupied enough to defend you and be a soldier .

FYI I have told many serving soldiers how I feel about their profession and this includes many special forces who have served in the Baltic states as well as Iraq and Afghanistan and I have done this in a professional capacity not from behind a fence.

I would love you to say that last bit in front of my old unit :icon_lol:

newts

I kind of agree with Newts on the National Service idea, at least they would learn discipline and a skill, instead of being stuck on street corners.

I wouldnt begrudge a penny to any of our armed forces.
Imo they do some fantastic work, and plenty of it which mostly goes unseen.

some going to war to keep you safe in your house and let you live your life is a waste of time :102:

It has been over 60 years since British soldiers went to war to protect UK citizens and they were mostly conscripted.

give me a light machine gun and they would see it my way no problems ,shoot the bigest hardest one the rest would fall .

That would have nothing whatever to do with soldiering though, that would just be unjustified murder.

No but they are there ready if there is a war ,dont forget that not long ago we where portoling the streets of belfast ,to try and keep the peace and keep you safe .

It's also not that long ago that British soldiers murdered British citizens on the streets of Derry, my second cousin included, leading to 30+ years of murder and mayhem for everyone on these islands.

And you would one of the first to moan if some force took of the country and they shot your family in front of you ,wouldnt you due to no one being stupied enough to defend you and be a soldier .

There is no threat to your country from another 'force'.

Its a handy amount of 100% disposable income per month for a job that requires little in the way of skill or intelligence IMO.

Oh FFS Duzza, take a good look at what you have posted. Would you have the courage to do their jobs?

I agree totally with Chuck.
I've got a relative currently in Iraq. After gaining a higher degree from a top university he got an extremely well paid job in an accountancy firm. Then after a year he left to sign up as an officer.

Now I'm fairly sure he earns more than a traffic warden, but I know he could have earned more in the City.

He definitely knew what he was getting into as the Iraq / Afghanistan situation had started before he joined up. I know they have had times when they've had little to do, but when they do, they earn their money.

Whether they should be in Iraq / Afghanistan in the first place is a different question :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46