Post Match Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. we all know he is an excellent Championship manager.

2. No chance that be this stage of the season that our position is the result of bad reffing.

3. I should hope the **** that he knows better than me how to manage a football team

If you want a bit of insight, see todays Telegraph where Pearson is quoted on the situation, his situation and the fact that no replacement would wave a magic wand. All valid stuff. No one better is likely to be available at this time.

None of the above nergates in my view that his team selection this season has been poor.

Unlike a few othere, I engage with the post (not the poster) and in that spirit I have to say that you have written better posts.

I get the impression that you have wholly misread the tone of my post.

And I take offence that you believe I attempt to write anything other than drivel.

From what I saw... And I was in the Arsenal bit, which was all quite funny (they were shitting it at the end..)

1. Morgan was awful.... Shouldn't have played on the right of the back three, constantly pulled out of position.
2. Huth was excellent.
3. Upson looked decent before being injured AGAIN.
4. Schlupp is a cracking prospect. Quality player - pace.
5. Mahrez is a class act, we're lucky to have him. MOTM for me and my Gooner mate.
6. James and Cambiasso were good, great ball retention and release.
7. Kramaric is a class act - best movement from a player for me since Collymore (when he fancied it).
8. We deserved more, but that's the Prem for you.
9. Chance after chance wasted - we had enough openings to win three matches.
10. Arsenal were poor and their fans silent...

There.

I can not be negative about what was served up on Tuesday evening with my only gripe being the selection of calamity Morgan. Our front three supported by Cambiasso were excellent. The defence as a five looked a lot more assured and secure bar isolated moments. Huth cleared helped them as a whole and even Upson looked decent in possession, good in the air without clambering all over a player.

I have came to the stage where I know we are going down and as along as we serve up performances like Palace and Arsenal, there is very little complaint from me. Here's hoping we take that into our 'run-in'. We may scramble 6 wins by some miracle and then it's hoping that's somewhere near enough points.

I get the impression that you have wholly misread the tone of my post.

And I take offence that you believe I attempt to write anything other than drivel.

And what's more I can't spell and get thrown when you pretend to be semi-serious.

Good stuff Mawsley.

Some interesting and fresh points in Alex and Hazzman's posts.

It's fairly common in sport when you go up a league that you run into teams that although they play may badly on the day somehow know enough to win the game.

We just don't know how to win and can't stop making the fatal errors that almost always brings us down - individuals losing concentration in defence and total absence of ruthlessness in front of goal.

It's fairly common in sport when you go up a league that you run into teams that although they play may badly on the day somehow know enough to win the game.

We just don't know how to win and can't stop making the fatal errors that almost always brings us down - individuals losing concentration in defence and total absence of ruthlessness in front of goal.

Given that, at the start of the season, only Konchesky had played at any length in the Premier League and our next most experienced player at this level was Nugent, maybe that was predictable. A little bit of nous sometimes goes a long way.

Given that, at the start of the season, only Konchesky had played at any length in the Premier League and our next most experienced player at this level was Nugent, maybe that was predictable. A little bit of nous sometimes goes a long way.

Which is probably why Schwarzer, Huth and Upson all came into the team so soon after being available. They've been through this situation before and might be able to keep a cool head and help those around them.

Which is probably why Schwarzer, Huth and Upson all came into the team so soon after being available. They've been through this situation before and might be able to keep a cool head and help those around them.

That's what I thought too.

Its a trait we simply don't have. I can think of countless games this season where we are the equal of the opposition and had spells of being the better side. Due to poor finishing, we simply don't get the job done. Whereas as more experienced teams are more canny when it comes to isolating weaknesses and then strangling the game when leading.

I'm certainly of the belief that we are as good as any of the bottom 8 in playing football, winning games is a different matter.

I'm certainly of the belief that we are as good as any of the bottom 8 in playing football, winning games is a different matter.

Agreed.

Which is why I fully believe that NP is the right man for the job.

I'm just not sure why we can't win games. Is it simply experience? Or am I watching with rose-tinted glasses?

There haven't been many matches where we've been genuinely outplayed this season. We can compete fine in the middle 90% of the pitch. It's just sloppy mistakes in our box and a lack of clinical finishing in theirs.

Yep! And I'm as handsome as the current male heart-throb - except, of course, for the face - oh, and body.... plus personality! :icon_bigg

Its a trait we simply don't have. I can think of countless games this season where we are the equal of the opposition and had spells of being the better side. Due to poor finishing, we simply don't get the job done. Whereas as more experienced teams are more canny when it comes to isolating weaknesses and then strangling the game when leading.

We concede too many goals.

There is no way we would stay up if we keep missing chances like v Palarse and v Arse. Honestly...

Roll on Sunday - a 1-0 win at Villa Park and then misery as we outplay Everton at Goodibum Park and get nowt...

Lots of lessons learning, a little too late.

There is no way we would stay up if we keep missing chances like v Palarse and v Arse. Honestly...

Roll on Sunday - a 1-0 win at Villa Park and then misery as we outplay Everton at Goodibum Park and get nowt...

Lots of lessons learning, a little too late.

I suspect that while we were basking in scoring 5 against M/c U that the professionals were more interested in confirming our defensive weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566