Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete shit.

No desire to win it, no plan to get anything from it.

No attacking ability on show at all
Yep, we were inept to the point of it being embarrassing. No effort, no creativity.

Just a blandly anonymous performance from blandly anonymous gormless group of twats.

First half I thought we did ok, second half was abject surrender

Arsenal were shit - we rolled over for them. Two nil down and we bring on a full back and a defensive midfielder, followed by Daka who I’m not sure is even a football player.

Lookman, Tielemans and Perez had a lovely day out, though, which is nice

Special mention for Maddison, who was absolutely ****ing awful

I think subbing a right back for another right back was just to give them both game time
Great. But how about trying to get a result?

To be fair I was expecting worse and having lost by 2 set pieces wasn't that bad, if we lost 5 nil having been played of the park then it would of been worrying.
IMO I think BR got alot right today and I'm glad we are going for the Europa Conference League, it would be a trophy that plenty of teams in the premier league would want to win, it also builds up European experience something that Leicester doesn't have.
We could be like Spurs and see finishing in the top 4 as an actual trophy

Great. But how about trying to get a result?
If Thomas had done his job and Soyuncu not had a brain fart we would of gotten a result. BR was always going to make that change it was about building up fitness and bringing players back, he did the same against Rennes.

With 6/7 1st team players out it was always going to be a difficult game along with squad rotation for the midweek games.
It really wasn't that bad

Most of the players looked shagged out, especially KDH. Mendy was our best player for the time he was on the pitch. On the evidence of how non-descript and ineffective Vardy was against Leeds, I'm not convinced he would have made any difference.

****ing hell, everyone moaning about Justin coming on would have been pissing the bed in the same way if Ricardo stayed on and picked up another injury.

Everyday people on here are moaning that we don't protect our players enough when they come back from injury and now the same people are moaning when we did that.

It obviously wasn't a tactical change and exactly the same as Mendy/Wilf - Mendy hasn't played 90 mins for us all year so it was quite obvious he wouldn't play a full game.

Vardy wouldn't have made any difference today as we didn't get the ball to the striker enough.

Maddison created the most amount of chances for us today and just because he didn't twat one in from 30 yards today, didn't mean he was shite.

I wouldn't have brought Daka on from Nacho though, I would have brought Lookman on for Albrighton as we had **** all attacking threat down the right hand side all game.

Poor result but I didn't think our performance was terrible, or certainly not as bad as some are making out on here.

The whole match stank of damage limitation. It's like we knew we were going to lose before kick off but we just wanted to make sure it wasn't too embarrassing.

I advocated for wholesale changes but we did what BR always does, which is to neither go full strength or full rotation. I have never understood this as an approach.

For me, if we're quite rightly prioritising Europe, you pick your team for Thursday and don't start any of them. Then you set up with a clear game plan to do what your opponent least wants you to do. Then you hope your plan works.

We set up exactly how Arsenal would want us to. We play in a way that suggests some of the players aren't physically up to it. And so the whole thing is a waste of time.

I refuse to believe that Arsenal are any good. We approached the game like they were 2011 Barcelona. They'll not win a match any easier all season. Except of course in the home game between the two sides which was over even earlier.

I don't mind losing to a better side. But I do mind losing before kick off.

The whole match stank of damage limitation. It's like we knew we were going to lose before kick off but we just wanted to make sure it wasn't too embarrassing.

I advocated for wholesale changes but we did what BR always does, which is to neither go full strength or full rotation. I have never understood this as an approach.

For me, if we're quite rightly prioritising Europe, you pick your team for Thursday and don't start any of them. Then you set up with a clear game plan to do what your opponent least wants you to do. Then you hope your plan works.

We set up exactly how Arsenal would want us to. We play in a way that suggests some of the players aren't physically up to it. And so the whole thing is a waste of time.

I refuse to believe that Arsenal are any good. We approached the game like they were 2011 Barcelona. They'll not win a match any easier all season. Except of course in the home game between the two sides which was over even earlier.

I don't mind losing to a better side. But I do mind losing before kick off.
They are better than us thus season and their league position confirms this.

At the start of the game they were 14 points ahead of this time last season. We are 16 points behind.

You have to pick your battles. This wasn't one of them. Get over it. Move on.

You have to pick your battles. This wasn't one of them. Get over it. Move on.
Well it was though wasn't it.

There are only 38 of them a season and if you have the attitude that some of them aren't even worth bothering with then find another sport

Christ, Leicester City fans should know better than to just give up because the other team is moderately better.

They just showed the replay of Gabriel's goal from a corner in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.

Carbon copy, just from the other side. Embarrassing. Including Thomas completely missing the near post header on both occasions.

I think that was JJ's role before? And he's decent in the air. Not to put more expectation on our long term absentees, but let's hope a returning JJ can also help improve that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566