Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

We’d have more likely been on the end of a 9-0 thumping yesterday, than getting a win.
I wasn’t suggesting a hung-go approach, just a bit more aggression.

Let’s face it, trying to get to 0-0 at half time has failed us more times than it has succeeded hasn’t it?

If you haven’t got a watertight defence then why apply that pressure to it, and if you do have it, put some faith in the team and be a bit more attacking.

We scored twice when we bothered to get the ball forward.....
I have to say, just before we scored the second, we looked like we'd worked out the game and looked dangerous in the middle of the pitch - looked like Buonanote was playing more centrally for a bit and I had thought it was a Steve Cooper masterclass.

I have to say, just before we scored the second, we looked like we'd worked out the game and looked dangerous in the middle of the pitch - looked like Buonanote was playing more centrally for a bit and I had thought it was a Steve Cooper masterclass.
Yep. Buonanotte definitely moved more central and they were struggling with his movement.

We swapped him out for Ayew....

Good times.

I have just looked at the player ratings for the match on the BBC website. The six lowest rated players for Leicester are all this summer's acquisitions.

OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t agree. IF he is played in the correct position he is good at holding up the ball and linking midfield and attack and he draws fouls.

What actually happened yesterday is that we were defending so deep that there was no outlet for him or Vardy (there was t all game for Vardy).

The ball just kept coming back and we sat on the edge of our box for 15 odd minutes at the end inviting Arsenal to score.

I knew we would lose in the way we did, it was catastrophic to take that stance for 15 minutes as we weren’t defending well, we were kept in the game by Mada.

****ing infuriating to watch, we do it all the time, same tactics:

1) Start slowly and give the ball away, invite pressure and go deeper and deeper.

2) Concede 1 or 2 goals, limp to half time, clinging on to what we have.

3) Cone out second half (sometimes) better but with no substitutions.

4) Score and level.

5) Sit back deeper and deeper until the opposition score.

6) Maje substitutions that are sometimes baffling.
IMG_3249.jpeg

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69