Ashamed of your fans?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichMC24

>>>>> Micky Adams mounted a passionate defence of his managerial record at Leicester after sections of the Foxes fans turned on him.

But the Leicester boss did hint continued criticism from the stands could result in his departure after his side were held 1-1 by Preston.

Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" had reverberated around the ground after Adams opted to replace striker David Connolly with Tommy Wright during the latter stages.

Adams, who has endured a tumultuous reign at Leicester since taking charge in April 2002, said: "Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5million into this club in terms of transfer revenue, I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons. They're the facts.

"The fans at all football clubs are entitled to their opinions and the fans at this football club have voiced their feelings about me.

"If the fans don't like what I'm doing, then they know how to get rid of me - by keeping on doing what they're doing." <<<<<<<

I do hope you are all proud of yourselves. When Micky leaves and we're saddled with some dick from the lower divisions (i.e. Taylor) fighting against relegation like Forest, Drby, Cov etc... I trust you will all remember Micky and what he has done for us over the last three years.

Never have I been more ashamed of the ever-fickle LCFC fans than Saturday.

I wish you'd all just get real with this post O'Neill era 'we demand success!' Crap....

We are today the club we have always been. Bouncing between the top two divisions. If it wasn't for Micky, we'd probably be div 2 by now as I can't imagine many managers who would've got us promoted 2 years ago under those circumstances.

There are even people on this forum who wanted us to LOSE on Saturday just so they could harass the manager.... You are a Fcuking disgrace....

I wish I could follow a club with decent fans. I love LCFC but the hush-hush quiet crowd who can only raise their voices to boo the players and the manager can all fcuk off IMO.

We were better off with 10,000 proper football fans 15 years ago.

Faggots!!!!

EMC Fox said:
RichMC24 said:
Faggots!!!!

Why do you have to spoil what is basically a good point? :(

Why do you have to ignore the 'good point' and focus on a word which actually wasn't meant as a homophobic slur, but because I didn't want to use other words which would have been ***** out?

Never even considered the homosexual reference to this word. I use it frequently as a comical alternative to swearing. I am of course using it in the context of Mr Brains faggots - LCFC fans, brains like meatballs.

The point still stands; don't detract

:wink:

Rich,

Agree we have been spoilt by MON and expecting success ie winning League cups and mid table Prem finishes and we should look back with rose tinted specs occasionally but need to move on.

I'm not up for booing LCFC managers or players, but agree with the sentiment expressed when Tommy Wright came on. Whats the point in doing it for 10 minutes he should have come on 15-20 minutes earlier for Dublin. I think he (Adams) should have the rest of the season.

You have to admit though his sub's are either too late or completely ineffective or both.

RichMC24 said:
>>>>> Micky Adams mounted a passionate defence of his managerial record at Leicester after sections of the Foxes fans turned on him.

.Adams, who has endured a tumultuous reign at Leicester since taking charge in April 2002, said: "Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5million into this club in terms of transfer revenue, I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons. They're the facts.

Look Rich, the real facts are that Micky for reasons we all know was able to field a team in Div 1 two seasons ago which was virtually the same as the one that had played in the Prem. On that basis it was not surprising we were promoted.

excuse me mate but who the **** are you to slag us off, we are the fans who dug deep to keep this club afloat, we are the fans who have stuck by this club when it was obvious the board didnt give a **** and we are the fans who have had to put up with absolute crap performances by players who couldnt give a shit about this club. how you can slag us off i dont know, get out of your own arse crevis and take a look at the real situation, adams has no tactical knowledge, his decisions are bewildering and as far as i can see we are managing at most draws with teams we should be easily beating, know then if i wasnt producing the goods in my job i would be out of the door.SO actually think about the times the fans have stood by this club when they have been well and truely ****ed off by the players e.g. la manga.

People can argue until the cows come home whether or not Micky had anything to do with getting us promoted 2 years ago.

As far as I can see - He inherited a team that was relegated well before the PREM season was over. A team that couldn't buy a win. A dead team!

He had an immediate impact as new managers often do and we went undeafeted for the remaining four matches - Big Deal! I hear you say.

He then lost a bunch of players in the summer as the vultures came in. He was not able to add anyone to the relegated, decimated squad.

He handled the team through administration, transfer embargo's, Denis Wise, threats of points deduction, derisory comments from fellow managers etc...

Not only did he handle this, he managed the team to an easy 2nd place finish, narrowly missing out on the Championship behind free-spending Portsmouth.

During his season in the Prem, he bought in 11 players on free transfers and tried desperately to construct a team capable of hanging on and not being relegated. Despite his best efforts and the best efforts of the team, we were relegated, largely due to inexplicable inability to defend during the last ten minutes of a game.

During this turbulent season,there was the La Manga affair - an overhyped misadventure where a couple of footballers are honey trapped by a bunch of slappers - The managers fault? No one seemed to think so at the time.

We may well have been relegated but the style of football, free scoring games which made us a very entertaining, if not successful during an admittedly frustrating season.

After all this, the manager, who is having a dodgy spell with a brand new team is boo-ed and hounded to the point of resignation by a load of O'Neill-success demanding optimists who are treating the club like a bunch of consumers complaining about an adverse product.

It's not like that! We have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes. Its not as though we are miles behind everyone else. If we are in a position where we are playing badly and yet we are still in contention, then that is comforting.

Stick with Micky - We owe it to him..... Support the team and punch the cock sitting next to you at the game, who is boo ing.

Cheers

Rich

RichMC24 said:
Stick with Micky - We owe it to him..... Support the team and punch the cock sitting next to you at the game, who is boo ing.

Cheers

Rich

That's better Rich (no faggots?)

I have said (on another forum) that I don't want Micky out, I'd give him 2 seasons to rebuild providing we don't look like being relegated again. (cue the flamers)

What I can't work out is the lack of desire from the players... surely it's partly up to them to help get the crowd fired up? Second half on Sat they just stood around... nobody wanted the ball, nobody moved if they didn't have the ball... there was one lonely bald bloke who ran about like a headless chicken trying to win the ball and the rest of the team let him.

So I'm questioning Micky's motivation skills and whether he is actually trying to get himself sacked so he can have a big pay-off and end his nightmare... Because that's what it feels like to me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

lako42 said:
excuse me mate but who the **** are you to slag us off, we are the fans who dug deep to keep this club afloat, we are the fans who have stuck by this club when it was obvious the board didnt give a **** and we are the fans who have had to put up with absolute crap performances by players who couldnt give a shit about this club. how you can slag us off i dont know, get out of your own arse crevis and take a look at the real situation, adams has no tactical knowledge, his decisions are bewildering and as far as i can see we are managing at most draws with teams we should be easily beating, know then if i wasnt producing the goods in my job i would be out of the door.SO actually think about the times the fans have stood by this club when they have been well and truely **** off by the players e.g. la manga.

I can see the frustration by Lak042 and the sence from Reddich Fox, so we need to stay calm and support the team. Clubs who chop and change managers get knowhere, we need to support MA, get behind the team and move forward.

We should be beating the likes of PNE with golas to spare, the forwards needs momentum, so the team needs to hear the fans support not silence.

MA has his faults, subs being one of them, maybe get rid of Cork and get a good support team and if no improvements by the end of the season then review then.
Christmas may be a cut of point, but MA would have to make up his own mind there if he does not like fans critism.

RichMC24 said:

But the Leicester boss did hint continued criticism from the stands could result in his departure after his side were held 1-1 by Preston.

Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" had reverberated around the ground after Adams opted to replace striker David Connolly with Tommy Wright during the latter stages.

Adams, who has endured a tumultuous reign at Leicester since taking charge in April 2002, said: "Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5million into this club in terms of transfer revenue, I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons. They're the facts.

"The fans at all football clubs are entitled to their opinions and the fans at this football club have voiced their feelings about me.

"If the fans don't like what I'm doing, then they know how to get rid of me - by keeping on doing what they're doing." <<<<<<<

I do hope you are all proud of yourselves. When Micky leaves and we're saddled with some dick from the lower divisions (i.e. Taylor) fighting against relegation like Forest, Drby, Cov etc... I trust you will all remember Micky and what he has done for us over the last three years.

Never have I been more ashamed of the ever-fickle LCFC fans than Saturday.

I wish you'd all just get real with this post O'Neill era 'we demand success!' Crap....

We are today the club we have always been. Bouncing between the top two divisions. If it wasn't for Micky, we'd probably be div 2 by now as I can't imagine many managers who would've got us promoted 2 years ago under those circumstances.

There are even people on this forum who wanted us to LOSE on Saturday just so they could harass the manager.... You are a Fcuking disgrace....

I wish I could follow a club with decent fans. I love LCFC but the hush-hush quiet crowd who can only raise their voices to boo the players and the manager can all **** off IMO.

We were better off with 10,000 proper football fans 15 years ago.

Faggots!!!!

I don't really care what Adams does behind the sceens all i care about is results on the pitch......Let the other muppets sort the money side out you just concetrate on getting the players playing!!!!! that is your job and your not doing it....that is why we are voicing our opion....Micky sort it out!!!!!

As for you Rich.....open your eyes, you must be happy watching shit week in week out

How are we so sure that Micky is under achieving..... I mean, we're all happy with the signings when they came in the summer, but lets ask ourselves how many players in our squad would do anything in the PREM.

If your answer is the same as mine - ZERO, then what you've got is a team full of Div 1 players @ best. We're in Div 1 and wondering why we aren't winning the league.....Hmmmm!!!!

Leading the division is Ipswich, who have had a few years out of the PREM, they have rebuilt their side slowly, carefully and patiently and now are looking good. reading, Wigan, Stoke, etc...I don't think any of us would swap with them despite their current good form.

Wolves and Leeds came down with us. Are either doing any better? Sunderland, Forest, Derby, Coventry all chopped and changed management and this hasn't got them anywhere....We are better off than all of them.

After an abysmal start, we are now going along nicely picking up points home and away - Unlucky that a freak goal denied us another win on Saturday. We'll be OK.

As for the fans, 10,000 drop in attendance from last year. Maybe its the fans that should be sacked. No singing! No attempt to get the players going, just 20,000 people being quiet or moaning.

Shame :oops:

EMC Fox said:
there was one lonely bald bloke who ran about like a headless chicken trying to win the ball and the rest of the team let him.

Absolutely spot on mate - I wish a few players would take a leaf out his book and show a bit of passion. In the second half he was running at players, trying his hardest to make things happen, no one else seemed interested - shame as we did look very dangerous in the first half.

On another day we could have been 4-0 up after 30 mins, then they score a bloody freak goal - I reckon we'll destroy 'em tonight, 5-0 thank you please.

Adams, who has endured a tumultuous reign at Leicester since taking charge in April 2002, said: "Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5million into this club in terms of transfer revenue, I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons. They're the facts

Also since he has took over he has spent that 8.5million in signing on fees probably with the amount of players he has brought, he has reduced the wage bill by 60% and imo managed to reduce the quality of the football by about 95, he has got promoted but does he forget he has also got us relegated?

DONT COMPARE ADAMS TO TAYLOR, Under Taylor we were playing passing football and creating a shitload of chances but just couldnt take them, under Adams we are playing hoof ball ina crap division and are creating no chances whatsoever.

GO NOW MICKY.

Semper Eadem said:
Adams, who has endured a tumultuous reign at Leicester since taking charge in April 2002, said: "Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5million into this club in terms of transfer revenue, I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons. They're the facts

Also since he has took over he has spent that 8.5million in signing on fees probably with the amount of players he has brought, he has reduced the wage bill by 60% and imo managed to reduce the quality of the football by about 95, he has got promoted but does he forget he has also got us relegated?

DONT COMPARE ADAMS TO TAYLOR, Under Taylor we were playing passing football and creating a shitload of chances but just couldnt take them, under Adams we are playing hoof ball ina crap division and are creating no chances whatsoever.

GO NOW MICKY.

WTF?

Is this for real ?????

Semper Eadem said:
what dont you agree with then Rich

Err! All of it, but particularly the bit where you describe Peter Taylor's passing team with Junior Lewis, Lee Marshall, Ade Akinbiyi in the team

I said we tried to play football which we did, ok maybe it didnt work all the time but we didnt employ the hopless long ball tactics of which we do now, I dont think theres any doubt Taylors LCFC would beat this shower of shite at the moment anyway.

Saturday was the last straw for me, it was the worst football Ive seen since DP was here and the main problem is we are seeing it every single week and there os absolutely no sign whatsoever of it changing anytime soon.

Well Written Rich, if all you cant be bothered to support the team, **** off cos i dont want you at the games, the hard core fans, the ones that go to all the away games know how to support their team.

So to be a 'hardcore' fan you have to go all the matches home/away.That makes me a 'fair weather' maybe I should move down,forget my family,my buisness etc because I'm not a true fan.How about The ones with families,commitments etc,the ones who would love nothing more than going every game but can't for one reason or another does that not make them hardcore fans.I hate this 'unless you go every match you aren't a true fan' bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566