Ashley Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

Apparently his new book ( it'll be on the £1 clearance pile shortly ) reveals his pain and hurt about being " hung out to dry " by Arsenal over his meeting with Chelski. Does he not realise most footie fans in this country think he vastly overstates his own abilities and with this sort of bleating comes across as an odious little toad. The sooner he leaves this country the better, he'll find out how great he is then.:mad:

I wonder if there's a chapter about that appalling tackle he made on Ben Thatcher. Actually I wonder if he can write at all, whenever he's on tv there doesn't seem to be much going on behind the eyes. He's the archetypal modern footballer who believes that the Beckhams are perfect role models, I can't wait to see what kind of brand the Coles management try to create for that odious couple. :icon_roll Supposedly clubs all over Europe are clamoring for his signature - usually that's agent speak for 'Newcastle are the only club willing to pay your wages Ash, take it or leave it'.

Last edited:
Nathan said:
Cole is a world class player. arsenal won't want to lose him
:eek: Cole is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less. World class, debatable

Best left back in the world.

I'd like to see him stay in the country. Chelsea it is then.

CM said:
Best left back in the world.

Better than Fabio Grosso :confused: :icon_roll

Looks good going forward sometimes, but defensively not terribly sound, as the moment can just about get away with because he has pace, in two/three years he won't be anything like the same player.

he's class. good at going forward and defending. at arsenal he's told to just bomb forward.

England's last 2 games against portugal he's been brilliant when told to defend.

grosso isn't the best full back in the world just because he had a good world cup-for me ashley cole is easily the best in the world as theres no real consistant challenger

But Ashley Cole plays with mobile phones...... siemens prefered brand

Ox Fox said:
Better than Fabio Grosso :confused: :icon_roll
Yes.

I said 'Best left back in the world', that generally means he is better than other players who play in that position.

CM said:
Yes.

I said 'Best left back in the world', that generally means he is better than other players who play in that position.

handbag.jpg

I think the bloke is an absolute cock but he had a very good world cup!

Breaking News! Ashley Cole has signed for Chelsea :-

From BBC Sport. :icon_wink

Chelsea have ended a long-running saga by signing England defender Ashley Cole from Arsenal in exchange for £5m and defender William Gallas.

The deal was completed just before the transfer deadline with Cole, who was with the England squad in a Manchester hotel, having his medical nearby.
Cole is believed to have signed a five-year deal worth £90,000 per week.
Chelsea had been linked with Cole, 25, all summer, but disagreements over the transfer fee stalled the move.
A joint statement from the clubs said: "Chelsea FC and Arsenal have agreed terms for the transfers of Ashley Cole and William Gallas.
"Chelsea will also pay Arsenal £5m. Both players have agreed personal terms and passed their respective medicals."
Although all the relevant paperwork had been lodged with the Premier League, neither club had made an announcement by the time the midnight deadline passed. It was not until 0125 BST on Friday that the statement was finally issued.

Chelsea have cleverly waited for the deadline day to make Arsenal panic and expect a smaller fee. They had all Summer to buy but they thought lets make them panic and force them on the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566