Match Thread Aston Villa v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite streaming website seems to have been taken over by ad spammers, so no more streaming from the USA... :(

From the commentary, sounds like way too much Villa possession (240 passes Vs 57 for Leicester over a 20 minute spell).

Na......We´re well in this!

Villa fans are a sour bunch of twats aren't they?

Clark got the ball and caught Ulloa with the follow through. Nothing malice just a strong tackle and unfortunately ulloa didn't jump over him.

Wood to be the golden balls in the second half.

Hard to mark three players.

Konchesky marked nobody and we decided to leave 3 on 2 on the back post. Stupid set up. Another ****ing set piece.

He only had one to mark. As the commentator said, he was so busy pushing the line he lost his player. If that had been Dear Laet, you wouldn't be making excuses.

HT. Where would we be without sloppy defending at set pieces?

Quite proud of our lot after that 1st half, even though our defence looked well dodgy.
I don´t like the way villa seemed to target Ulloa after the westwood injury....it seemed very retaliatory and they seemed to be going for his right leg both times.

Last edited:
He only had one to mark. As the commentator said, he was so busy pushing the line he lost his player. If that had been Dear Laet, you wouldn't be making excuses.

Well the commentator was wrong. There were two defenders on three players. Simpson played man everyone else played zone. I could blame Moore for not demanding an extra defender for support. The real culprit was the zonal set piece set up. Again.

As for De Laet. Simpson has been a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
First half of very poor quality (in my opinion). Not a good advert for the Premier League. Villa the only team vaguely attempting to pass the ball.

We don't have the players in midfield to retain possession so it's almost impossible for Cambiasso and James to do anything other than panic balls. If you do play wingers, they've got to be in the game more (both offensively and defensively) than Mahrez and Schlupp are.

Full backs both doing well. Konchesky getting better protection from Schlupp than Simpson is. Despite Villa trying to expose us (again) down our right, Simpson managing well. Moore looks very shaky and Wasyl getting him out of trouble a few times. Dreadful set piece defending as usual - Mike Stowell needs shooting - Moore will be blamed but he had multiple players to mark.

We're playing a high line and they'll eventually get Benteke onside from one of them. It's a silly and dangerous game we're playing. Feel for Ulloa who is working his arse off. Pleased he's got a goal at last. Vardy rightly booked for silly challenge (could easily have been red) and generally he's huffing and puffing but not influencing the game.

I think that half has proved to me that Moore Is just not ready for premiership football. Its a shame. I would love him to be.
But I see him at fault for the first goal and has looked shaky most the half.
We need a new central defender desperately.

Villa look crap. We look crap.

Just seen the Villa goal again. Kasper asked for a three man wall even though they were not likely to shoot from that distance. That meant we were one man short to mark their players and Moore ended up trying to mark two of them. That obviously didn't go too well.

We look like relegation fodder. We have one tactic and when the long ball to Vardy doesn't work (which is most times) we are clueless.

Moore was responsive for their goal. I don't care if he's one of our own or an England U21 it was his fault. Excuses wouldn't be made for De Laet or Konchesky or Schmeichel.

We are totally ****ed if Nugent comes on for Ulloa.

I think that half has proved to me that Moore Is just not ready for premiership football. Its a shame. I would love him to be.
But I see him at fault for the first goal and has looked shaky most the half.
We need a new central defender desperately.

Villa look crap. We look crap.

I don't think Moore is to blame for the goal as he had to mark two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566