No Lookman please
No Soumare please
Possibly no Soyuncu, but that might be too harsh

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Vestegaard

Castagne Soumare KDH Thomas

Maddison

Ihenacho Daka

Ndidi needs to be taken out of the team. And I’d like to see how Soumare plays when he’s the one defensive midfielder.

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Vestegaard

Maddison

Ihenacho Daka

Ndidi needs to be taken out of the team. And I’d like to see how Soumare plays when he’s the one defensive midfielder.
That's a dog of a line up.

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Vestegaard

Maddison

Ihenacho Daka

Where’s the “dislike” button?

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Vestegaard

Maddison

Ihenacho Daka

What the actual **** is that ?

Holy Jebus

Still in the same crap position of not having anything like a passable right winger, but playing better in that shape than with a 5 at the back (especially with our limited options at the back). So Nacho will continue to sit on the bench while we try to turn out someone who can pretend to be a right winger.

I expect the same starting line-up as last night, but Perez in for Lookman. He might also do KDH for Soumare, since he's obviously frustrated with Soumare after the halftime sub yesterday.

Schmeichel

Castagne / Evans / Soyuncu / Bertrand

Perez / Ndidi / Maddison / Barnes (in a diamond)

Iheanacho / Vardy

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Amartey Ricardo/Justin
Ndidi
KDH Maddison
Barnes
Iheanacho Vardy

have to drop soumare, soyuncu and thomas for how shit they were
ndidi would be dropped but we don't have an alternative
NEED Ricardo or Justin to be fit.
Would switch to more of a diamond where Maddison has to work hard and dictate from the middle of the park in order to get Iheanacho and Vardy on the pitch together.
In this formation we have to give Castagne and Ricardo/Justin the chance to get forward without it being as slow and tentative as all our first halves recenty where it comes out from the back slower than a slow worm getting a 3rd rate degree from a former polytechnic.

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Vestegaard

Maddison

Ihenacho Daka

This would be the side Gerrard would pick

Why the **** would we put Bertrand or Vestergaard in the side FFS ?

Step 1 of how to immediately make us even more shit

Some of you need to have a word with yourselves
Because Luke Thomas has been appalling, so we really wouldn’t be making us any worse?

There are some really weird views on players about at the moment.

It's probably because just about every player is either underachieving or inconsistent.

I don't think that suggests that the issue is with individuals. There is a lack of stability in formation or personnel. The fact that BR selected an unchanged line up suggests that he's trying to get some basics in place.

That makes good sense but it's impossible with such a crammed fixture list. Changes are necessary and inevitable. So will we just keep chopping and changing? That surely cannot be right. We must set a formation and general approach and make 2-3 changes per game in order to manage the squad.

Reverting back to a back three again now would be crazy. As would parachuting in players that are not fit or who have shown no aptitude for the task.

This is a really big game for us. I'd bring in Albrighton for Lookman and Dewsbury-Hall for Soumare and nothing else.

Whichever pairing we put together in midfield IMO is not capable of capable of holding their own against good teams with 2 in midfield or poor teams with 3, especially when we dont have the ball or when we are trying to play out from the back.

To improve IMO either Maddison needs to cover far more ground or we need an extra defensively minded player in the midfield area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566