Match Thread Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the **** plays our best striker and we're winning?

We been any good?

Not the most convincing performance so far it has to be said. Kristiansen and Tete already seem like vast improvements to the starting line up. Souttar unlucky with the own goal but I dont think he has looked particularly convincing aside from that either. Other than that I think Maddison and Nacho have been good as well.

My thoughts.

Souttar is an absolute Maguire clone. It’s borderline bizarre.

I love the new left back. Once he gets used to the pace of it he’s going to be class.

Nacho absolutely ****ing brilliant. Our best striker at the moment. Criminal he’s not had more games.

KDH brings so much energy, but **** me he gives the ball away constantly. If he can tidy that up he’s got the world at his feet.

Might sound harsh but I’m still completely unconvinced about Ward. His positioning and reflexes just never look right to me.

Iheanacho with a goal and two assists in that half. He's been head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch. So calm and intelligent. Wonderful player when given some confidence.
No he hasn't :043:

He did have an excellent last 10 minutes or so however. Really, really good.

So the **** plays our best striker and we're winning?

We been any good?
We can’t change the past. I’m far from Brendan’s biggest fan, and yes, Ihenacho should have been given a start many games ago. But he picked him today and he deserves credit for that. It was blindingly obvious given the two alternatives, but still, we’ll done Rodgers for selecting him.

Very entertaining - Great to see we haven't crumbled after conceeding and got right back into the game.
Now I'm anxious in case BR decides try to defend and hold out for for the last 20 minutes

We look a good keeper away from being a proper side I think.
I still don't get this. He made two cracking saves in that half; one where he just did enough with the tip of his fingers to take enough of the ball away from Watkins and one from a long range shot that was sneaking in to the corner.

Very interesting half from us. Rodgers has really given up trying to be solid with no holding player in midfield and both attacking wide players not really helping out much defensively.

It means we're really vulnerable and Villa have had the better chances. But we've got the technical skills going forward to scare anyone.

On the new players, Kristiansen looks strong and talented but quite naive. He has missed a couple of blocks and allows his man too much space. Souttar was unlucky with the own goal but has looked a bit 'Championship' so far. I thought it was really poor when the og went in that nobody went up to him to offer encouragement. No captains in this side.

Tete looks fascinating. Loves attacking and will be delightful and frustrating to watch. He doesn't do much the other way though. Castagne has been exposed a lot.

There's no doubt he's a much, much better option than Daka. I have no idea whatsoever why Daka has been so far ahead of him for the most part.
In theory Daka is a more similar player to Vardy and Rodgers probably considered him a better fit for whatever mad shit he was trying to execute.

He’s wrong of course, as today has shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669