Atmospherre.. move kop.. sign my poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnb_lcfc

hi we all know the situation with the kop being the other end of the ground to the away fans and them laughing at us as they can hear us and we only have L1 which they can hear.

well we as leicester fans would like to move the kop to where the family stand is and please show your support and give as many signatures as possible to the petition to try to make that a reality. thanks a lot

http://www.petitiononline.com/lcfc123/petition.html

I applaud what you are doing, agree entirely with the sentiment and have signed your petition. However you will need toi seriosuly revise the opening gambit to the petition if you expect the club to take it seriously.

Well in the minority sport (ex-second spectator sport and third biggest ratings puller on Sky) is about lose one of its legendary clubs, WImbledon Dons as the owners of their track GRA, have increased rent for the Dons as not enough moneys being made. GRA are the Greyhounds Association and they see it fit to dissolve one of Speedway's largest teams.

The reason it has so many Millwall and COv fans are that, Millwall is the nearest Football Club apart from AFC Wimbledon (I seen a lad the other day wearing an AFC top) and Coventry is possibly the second biggest Speedway team in the country.

Good luck to John on his petition but it will be hard convincing them Prawn Sarnies eaters to move the atmosphere.

13 sigs now;)

Its virtually inpossiable to think about the Kop moving, its where it is and thats where its going to be staying, if you want to get a better atmosphere with a greater chance of sucess, try and get them to move the away fans into the corner next to the kop/west stand. It would require little effort as few people sit there on a regular basis and would solve your problem more easily.

However I doubt they would do this because it would mean the fans have to walk right aroun d the ground to get to their seats and past the KOP which is really just asking for trouble.

Bottom line is this will never happen because its the way of all football grounds, its just a sad reality of football - the same as your unable to drink beer in the stands because some knobs take it too far, or that you shout abusive language incase someone gets offended. Ulitmatly it comes down to sfatey and NO MATTER what you try and do the club will always say saftey comes first and there is nothing you can say to that!

they won't move the away fans....the police and the Health and Safety thingy wanted them where they are so they can get the majority onto their coaches and away as soon as possible- plus it's easier to police at this end of the ground than if it were in that congested area at the South/East corner right after a game.

they should've put the Kop where the family stand is when they first moved.

If the attendances continue to drop the club will be forced to do something about this. I know of several people who have stopped going to games because of the lack of atmosphere.

Even though Tim Davies took nearly £200,000 out of the club last year I'm sure he could use his 'Fan' status to have some influence on this.

Re: Atmospherre.. move kop.. sign my poll/Foxes trust?

The club won't move the KOP as they don't want to recreate the problems they had at the old filbo st. pen 1! Hence the reason the marketed the kop at the other end of the ground... Seem to remember the brochure for the new stadium saying "THE NEW KOP FULL OF NOISE!" (Hardly!)

This is why they are taking a hard line on Block L1... I had heard they had been threatend to have their capicity reduced if the problem wasn't sorted but assume this is just the safety coucil tosspots flexing their muscles!

Had also heard another rumour that the club also considered making L1 ''season tickets only!" But think/hope this was not done. Can anyone confirm this?

The easiest thing would be for everyone who wants to sing in the KOP to MOVE to L1... Been saying this ever since the stadium opened.

Surely the FT can have some say in a singing section?! I thought the club wanted to improve atmosphere?!

You'll all have to make do without by big gob in L1 this season as shan't be visiting blighty again til after the world cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669