New ex-players (and managers) thread

Another ex player celebrating - Elliott Moore captains Oxford United in their defeat of a pathetic Bolton team 2-0 which sees them promoted to the 2nd Level for the first time this Century. Last time was back in 1999. They looked much the better team.
Elliott was a member of the City Under 21's at the same time as the likes of Ben Chilwell, Hamza Choudhary and Harvey Barnes but only ever made it onto the 1st Team's bench

I know - again. Genuinely starting to feel sorry for the bloke who undoubtly has talent - but never quite makes it.
He's a snide,cheating piece of shit who got away with potentially dangerous play over & over again in the PL due to being England captain. He can **** off. I hope his career ends with **** all to show.

Just to put the tin hat on it, the only potential upside to his miserable season is that with 2 games to go he needed 5 goals to equal Lewandowski's all time season goal record. The rest of the team were committed to spending 2 games setting him up at every opportunity so he could equal or beat it, since they had **** all else to play for.

Gets injured & misses both games.

Hopefully the curse will linger for eternity.

He's a snide,cheating piece of shit who got away with potentially dangerous play over & over again in the PL due to being England captain. He can **** off. I hope his career ends with **** all to show.

Just to put the tin hat on it, the only potential upside to his miserable season is that with 2 games to go he needed 5 goals to equal Lewandowski's all time season goal record. The rest of the team were committed to spending 2 games setting him up at every opportunity so he could equal or beat it, since they had **** all else to play for.

Gets injured & misses both games.

Hopefully the curse will linger for eternity.
Yep, **** him.

Viktor Johansson signs for Stoke. They do like to sign ex-Leicester goalkeepers.

Viktor Johansson signs for Stoke. They do like to sign ex-Leicester goalkeepers.
Stoke would have been a natural destination to flog Iversen, guess the chance of that happening has significantly reduce and we need to find some other idiots to take him off of our books.

Having done little of note this calendar year, it'll do nothing for the notion that players at big clubs get picked first, that Maddison is going to the Euros

Yup - no way Maddison makes the last 26 out of that lot

No Chilwell either, which is ever so lovely
Yep, he shouldn't, I know he's a different kind of midfielder but I'd have Wharton in way ahead of Maddison on what I saw at the end of the season.

Stoke would have been a natural destination to flog Iversen, guess the chance of that happening has significantly reduce and we need to find some other idiots to take him off of our books.

I would rather they took Ward than Iversen.

I have read the BBC list a number of times now.

I am pretty sure I no longer understand what “defender, midfielder and forward” mean any more.

it's a bit mental isn't it. Maddison who just spins round on the half way before breaking a hip is a forward nowadays. Probably a false 10 or whatever shit they've come up with now. The game's gone.

I would rather they took Ward than Iversen.
Getting rid of either would be a blessing. Hopefully both are gone by the end of this upcoming transfer window.

I don’t think Iversen has done anything this season just gone that will make him more desirable to other clubs than he was(n’t) last summer.

Getting rid of either would be a blessing. Hopefully both are gone by the end of this upcoming transfer window.

I don’t think Iversen has done anything this season just gone that will make him more desirable to other clubs than he was(n’t) last summer.
He’s a perfectly decent keeper at Championship level.

A
Indeed - even just reading his name puts a smile on my face!

All the best in your retirement, Claudio
Everyone involved will be retired in a couple of years time most likely. As it all fades into history.

Time goes all too fast doesn't it ?

The They're Talking About Us thread will be archived for posterity soon after (because nobody will be anymore) & we'll most likely return to the story we all grew up & then grew old with.
Bouncing up & down between the top 2 tiers every few years with a nice cup run every now & then.

Probably all just after Man City are lauded for winning their 10th consecutive title & Guardiola also retires. After giving one last interview in which he continues to insist that it all had nothing whatsoever to do with money.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663