Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
Last year's 2nd rd tie against Preston attracted less than 7,000 fans - I think it was 6,700 and a few.
Had it in my mind that it was over 9000 for some reason. I bow to your superior waist size...;)

MKFox said:
I bow to your superior waist size...;)

Ah!! So you've seen the pictures!?!

lazzer said:
he does like cous cous and walkers lites its got to pay off eventually ;)

Naaah!

KFC 3 piece-meal go-large with beans and DIET coke

I didn't get a waist-line like this through eating sensibly!!

lazzer said:
i was refering to mk actually boc :102::icon_lol:

Oh shit. More of my secrets are out. :icon_redf

Where would we find the PNE crowd from last year's cup then?

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
last night's low attendence was foreseeable. so why didn't the leicester board arrange for all the schools in the area to have free tickets for the match, and have a crisp bowl full of kids. get them while they're young!

Too right!
Whats the point in having a half empty stadium! Get them in spending money.

TommyK said:
Too right!

The board had heard that there were a lot of Blackpool fans living in Corby and so arranged for the North and East Stands to be set aside for their use. Extra candy-floss and tangerine-coloured sticks of rock were ordered in great quantities for sale in the retail outlets on the concourses. Unfortunately only about 150 of them turned up for the game.

I think there has been some confusion.

TommyK said:
Too right!
Free tickets for schools would have been a great idea, the supporters of the future.
Bit dubious about where their cash would go though. Isn't all the catering sub contracted out anyway these days?

I don't think that anybody has mentioned that the Club Shop was giving a 10% discount last night - this could be used *in addition* to the STholder 10% discount.

I'm glad I delayed my purchase of the new 2nd kit (XXL - long sleeves). No queue for shirt-printing either!

City were going to offer cheap tickets but Blackpool wanted normal Championship prices. So the Footie League stepped in and set the prices.

Lowest Attendance
Season 1989-90
Nov 18
Ipswich Town 1-0 LCFC 0 Att- 1,664
O! The Pleat Years!

We also got 4,000 against Gainsborough Trinity in the 1905-06 season!

3,440 in the SIMOD CUP against Huddersfield. 1987-88

MKFox said:
Free tickets for schools would have been a great idea, the supporters of the future.

A bigger attendance would almost certainly have led to the club having to pay for Police to be at the game.

An influx of people who do not normally come to the game would have required a greater and disproportionate amount of extra supervision.

On balance I think the club probably made the correct decision.

bocadillo said:
A bigger attendance would almost certainly have led to the club having to pay for Police to be at the game.

An influx of people who do not normally come to the game would have required a greater and disproportionate amount of extra supervision.

On balance I think the club probably made the correct decision.

Plus its unlikly schools are going to be toopleased about there students being up pasdt 10 on a school night! I would imagine aranging something like that would be quite difficult too - with the teachers that might have to go, or the parents.

I suppose what they could of done is give vouchers for 'Free tickets' to the schools and opened up a smallish section, or kept the corner between the west stand and kop, for the exclusive use of children with these free tickets and their parents.

Actually Im starting to come round to the idea - if you consider that maybey half of the kids that go may want the Leicester football shirt for chirstmas instead of a Man U or Cheski one and that would increase the revenue from shirt sales and general club Merchendise. And although the club sub contract the catering out I would imagine they still get a cut of the money - so it COULD of been very profitable. Prehpas the FT may want to put this forward at the next oppertunity, if they havent already done so.

Willlow said:
I think the reaction from the Grimsby players and fans after their win over Spurs shows that it isnt. Also from Martin Jols interview after it shows that he wanted to do well in the cup.

Maybe some teams field weaker sides because they are concentrating on the league, but IMO cup runs can help the team get on a winning streak and gives the fans something to cheer about! :038:

Martin Jols was playing the good guy and pretending he was that bothered.

The Carling Cup is a totally downgraded competition that is only useful to small clubs to gain a bit of extra revenue. Major clubs in the premiership would scrap it given half the chance. It used to be reasonably important to them as an alternative route to the UEFA Cup - but that competition is also downgraded now to the point of being more or less meaningless as well.

IMO there is far too much mediocre football and the Carling should be scrapped.

I don't believe that a home draw in the next round against anyone other than Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool would draw a crowd of over 22,000 - people know whether a match is meaningful or not and these matches are NOT! - except as a chance to play at home against one of the handful of 'glamour' sides.

The only issues that really matter and have any substance about them are:

1. Winning the Premiership/ qualifying for the European Champions League
2. Avoiding relegation from the Premiership.
3. Getting promotion to the Premiership.

Anyone who can get excited about beating Blackpool at home has my total admiration - I am only able to muster any enthusiasm for real matches in real competitions.

Hazzman said:
City were going to offer cheap tickets but Blackpool wanted normal Championship prices. So the Footie League stepped in and set the prices.

Lowest Attendance
Season 1989-90
Nov 18
Ipswich Town 1-0 LCFC 0 Att- 1,664
O! The Pleat Years!

We also got 4,000 against Gainsborough Trinity in the 1905-06 season!

3,440 in the SIMOD CUP against Huddersfield. 1987-88

I was one of them:icon_sad: . Huddersfield had just lost 10-1 to Man City in the league the previous weekend and i stupidly thought we'd follow it up with about 6. For the record i think we won 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669