Back to back wins needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky6

Does anyone feel like me that we have to beat Colchester and Barnsley
Back to back to have a chance of surival.
Surely with home advantage and the players we have they should be capable of beating Colchester.
With Barnsley losing in the Cup Semi Final Today hopefully we will catch them still on a downer.

I dont really want to be taking on Sheffield Wednesday needing to win as they will fight like hell to the end. And our lot dont seem to want to fight at all. So a result here seems unlikely.

Wth the final game against Stoke who have everything to play for and home advantage surely they will have too much for us.

That's why I feel we have to win our next 2 matches. Or maybe our lads are well rested now and will win all 4 games.

How can a group of players who scored 3 against Chelsea and almost turned them over perform so poorly for the remainder of the season.

Does anyone else agree with this assessment or feel as I do.

we have to win 2 of the last games and it should then be enough i dont give a flying one were those wins come from so long as they come.

How can a group of players who scored 3 against Chelsea and almost turned them over perform so poorly for the remainder of the season.

Should never have let Carl Cort go......... :tumbleweed:

We obviously have to beat Colchester, but Barnsley aren't a bad side, a bad side can't beat both Liverpool away and Chelsea, I think their cup run has caused problems with their league form. Had they got a cup final to look forward to then there would be a chance they'd 'take their eye off the ball', but now they can focus solely on staying up.

We SHOULD win the next 3 games, all we need to do is play half as well as we have done against the likes of West Brom and we'll be fine. Problem is there's no chance us playing well three games in a row - playing well for more than one half has proved difficult so far.

I actually think we have more chance against Stoke than we do in any of the others, since we only ever seem to play well against the better teams, and plus Stoke play hoof ball and our defence can deal with that, it's as soon as anyone runs at them everything goes horrendously tits up.

Couple of wins is all we need. Hopefully the pathetic capitulation at the weekend will have shocked some of the players into not being shit for a week or two.

Last edited:
A bad side can't beat Villa away and push Chelsea all the way at Stamford Bridge !!
We need to beat Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday.

A bad side can't beat Villa away and push Chelsea all the way at Stamford Bridge !!
We need to beat Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday.

Agreed! I still reckon we might get a result at Barnsley though..

With three out of four remaining games against teams currently below us it's still in our hands.

I think Barnsley away is a tough game. They won't roll over.

Neither will Colchester next week

Everyone on here seems to be taking this game as a given three points

Let's hope the players, and manager, don't feel the same

They've just turned over an Ipswich side pushing for the play offs.

I'm amazed that there are some people who still think we'll stay up. We're shite.

Last edited:
They've just turned over an Ipswich side pushing for the play offs.

I'm amazed that there are some people who still think we'll stay up. We're shite.

Yeah but that's because we are safe, there is absolutley nothing to worry about, FFS MK did you not see on saturday, Ollie hasn't a care in the world he even had time to take off his shoes and wave them around.

We are already safe I tells ya !!!

You're right a-z, and it really doesn't matter anyway as we have a jolly japster at the helm to make us chortle and forget our plight as we tumble down to be non league in a couple of years.
Hurray for Ian, did he take both shoes off or just do a heather mills?

Neither will Colchester next week

Let's hope the players, and manager, don't feel the same

I think we have to take it as a given 3 points in the sense that if we don't win this was then we are probably doomed.

I certainly agree that the players and manager need to be aware of the dangers involved but unfortunately it appears that the manager sees himself as the division's jester and the players belong to the "Am I bovered !" school.

Presumably Mandaric has given up trying to get things sorted for this season and like the rest of us is just hoping for the best next Saturday followed by turning over Barnsley. Let's just hope that it turns out that way.

Yeah but that's because we are safe, there is absolutley nothing to worry about, FFS MK did you not see on saturday, Ollie hasn't a care in the world he even had time to take off his shoes and wave them around.

We are already safe I tells ya !!!

FFS A-Z get over it:icon_roll

I have just been doing some Maths with the table. Feck me, we're down.

What maths did you do?

Was it a full statistical analysis or did you just look at the table and think 'Feck me, we're down'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00