Back to back wins needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least its now mathematically impossible for us to reach the playoffs....... :icon_wink

Just tried the predictor again. Scary stuff. Any one of six could get sucked down with Scunny and Colchester.

In our corner we have a team who can win but tend not to. Not because they are crap, but because they run away from a fight. They lack any leadership, sense of responsibility or consistency. Relegation ingrediants. Back to back wins, my arse. This lot have no chance of doing that.

In this context, Sat is far from a guaranteed three points. Colchester have won their last game and went two up at WBA the week before. Sounds to me like they've accepted their fate and are playing with a free spirit. They are officially relegated next Saturday unless they beat us. Why wouldn't they have a right good go at us? We're quite likely to fail to win this match in my opinion. Defeat.

After that Barnsley away. All will depend how they react now they're out of the cup and have six real cup final type games to play. Again, I cannot see us winning that match. Possibly a draw.

Sheff Wed at home is a home banker. We will win that one.

It will then go to the last day. We'll lose and have to hope that someone else finishes the season even worse than us to save us.

Just like last season, if we survive it will only be because we've been lucky enough to be in a league with three worse teams. In all honesty, everything about this team deserves relegation. Whether it happens is effectively down to a roll of a dice. Six candidates, any of which could finish with a bad enough run.

If we do go down, no doubt the players, manager and owner will all point the finger elsewhere. Most of them will jump ship or be pushed out. This club is rotten to the core. Maybe relegation is the only thing that will sort this out? After all, is we do stay up, could anyone seriously expect us not to be back here again this time next year with another set of players/managers?

What maths did you do?

Was it a full statistical analysis or did you just look at the table and think 'Feck me, we're down'?

Just a few calculations - based on predicted results. Also recent from of the last five games and what's the maximum amount of points each time can get. :icon_roll

Just a few calculations - based on predicted results. Also recent from of the last five games and what's the maximum amount of points each time can get. :icon_roll

Thats not maths then, thats guesswork :icon_wink

Just tried the predictor again. Scary stuff. Any one of six could get sucked down with Scunny and Colchester.

In our corner we have a team who can win but tend not to. Not because they are crap, but because they run away from a fight. They lack any leadership, sense of responsibility or consistency. Relegation ingrediants. Back to back wins, my arse. This lot have no chance of doing that.

In this context, Sat is far from a guaranteed three points. Colchester have won their last game and went two up at WBA the week before. Sounds to me like they've accepted their fate and are playing with a free spirit. They are officially relegated next Saturday unless they beat us. Why wouldn't they have a right good go at us? We're quite likely to fail to win this match in my opinion. Defeat.

After that Barnsley away. All will depend how they react now they're out of the cup and have six real cup final type games to play. Again, I cannot see us winning that match. Possibly a draw.

Sheff Wed at home is a home banker. We will win that one.

It will then go to the last day. We'll lose and have to hope that someone else finishes the season even worse than us to save us.

Just like last season, if we survive it will only be because we've been lucky enough to be in a league with three worse teams. In all honesty, everything about this team deserves relegation. Whether it happens is effectively down to a roll of a dice. Six candidates, any of which could finish with a bad enough run.

If we do go down, no doubt the players, manager and owner will all point the finger elsewhere. Most of them will jump ship or be pushed out. This club is rotten to the core. Maybe relegation is the only thing that will sort this out? After all, is we do stay up, could anyone seriously expect us not to be back here again this time next year with another set of players/managers?

Amazing how you can argue why Colchester will beat us yet you believe that Sheff Wed is a home banker :102: baffling

I'm pretty confident that another 5 points is all it will take for us to stay up, and with 3 winnable games I think we will manage it.

Just done the predictor and feck me I have us Slippering our way down to league 1 following a right Shoeing at Stoke.

Sorry Willlow, but I couldn't let it lie :icon_lol:

After that Barnsley away. All will depend how they react now they're out of the cup and have six real cup final type games to play.

That's how I see it.

All down to Barnsley, who I am relying on to fold.

Certainly, with a leaderless team both on and off the park, it's not that likely that we will save ourselves. My gut feeling is though that a further 5 points will be enough - and in spite of having a completely hopeless manager and an unmotivated team, we should be just about capable of achieving that - providing of course that Barnsley don't bounce back after Sunday's defeat.

My fear is that the teams in and around us have demonstrated an ability to fight and battle where as we have shown an ability to press self destruct and lay down and die.

Sheff Wed, Barnsley and Colchester must be chomping at the bit at the opportunity of playing us, and I bet all 3 teams have identified us as the team most likely to bottle it and I can see them turning the matches into real up and at em battles which we seem to always come off second best.

Saturday was a perfect example, deep in relegation poo poo, we have a man harshly sent off and an unjust penalty awarded against us, did that galvanise and inspire the team no did it feck instead we folded like a pack of cards.

I really fear for us.

My gut feeling is though that a further 5 points will be enough

We had better hope and pray that two or three points are enough, because I strongly suspect that four or five might well be beyond our capabilities

We had better hope and pray that two or three points are enough, because I strongly suspect that four or five might well be beyond our capabilities

I agree, I don't see us picking up another win this season, I hope I am wrong but all I can see is 3 draws against the teams around us and a defeat at Stoke.

Just done the predictor and feck me I have us Slippering our way down to league 1 following a right Shoeing at Stoke.

Sorry Willlow, but I couldn't let it lie :icon_lol:

I thought you would have stayed clear of shoe jokes after those pink shoes you wore a couple of years back! :icon_wink

At least its now mathematically impossible for us to reach the playoffs....... :icon_wink
Unless loads of clubs go into admin....

...I'm not clutching at straws...

We just need to start wellying it out of defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00